Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Too soon to call Fournette the face of the franchise?

I mean the power, the agility, and the speed of a guy that size is not human. He got up without even gasping for a breath after consecutive plays and just handing the ball off like he was playing against kids.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I would say it is too soon, though I like what I've seen of him thus far. He seems like he would be a viable candidate for that down the road, but not yet.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I do think he will be the best player on the team very soon

I know it's foolish and I'm drinking the kool-aid but that 4th Down run reminded me of Fred Taylor.
While he might not have Fred's speed, he certainly has his strength and vision

(08-11-2017, 03:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I do think he will be the best player on the team very soon

Not while Lord Ramsey still reigns.

(08-11-2017, 04:11 PM)BritishJag Wrote:
(08-11-2017, 03:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I do think he will be the best player on the team very soon

Calais Campbell says hi too.

I always thought that the face of the franchise was a cat with a blue tongue, but that's just me....
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(08-11-2017, 04:11 PM)BritishJag Wrote:

Lets not start with this Lord crap.. You guys killed that when you gave that title to Byron..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Waaay too soon!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(08-11-2017, 02:34 PM)haveaseat Wrote: I mean the power, the agility, and the speed of a guy that size is not human. He got up without even gasping for a breath after consecutive plays and just handing the ball off like he was playing against kids.

You've obviously never seen me make a determined beer run.

(08-11-2017, 04:32 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(08-11-2017, 04:11 PM)BritishJag Wrote: Not while Lord Ramsey still reigns.

Lets not start with this Lord crap.. You guys killed that when you gave that title to Byron..

It's a game of thrones reference, that's all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramsay_Bolton

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2017, 05:14 PM by fredalwaysajag.)

Shoooot.. He might mess around and be the best player in team history soon.

(08-11-2017, 04:57 PM)BritishJag Wrote:
(08-11-2017, 04:32 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Lets not start with this Lord crap.. You guys killed that when you gave that title to Byron..

It's a game of thrones reference, that's all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramsay_Bolton

Awe man, that guy was sick yo. I mean.... Sick. And poor Sansa had to step away from Bren cause she knew he saw it all.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

First we have to define what the heck we mean by "face of the franchise." What is that?

I'm a little shocked nobody has started a nickname thread for him. That's usually something that happens a few minutes after a player leaves the podium at the draft.

Let's pump the brakes on "face of the franchise" talk for a bit and allow him to develop. We're one preseason game and a handful of touches into this thing.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(08-11-2017, 06:16 PM)FBT Wrote: I'm a little shocked nobody has started a nickname thread for him.  That's usually something that happens a few minutes after a player leaves the podium at the draft.

Let's pump the brakes on "face of the franchise" talk for a bit and allow him to develop.  We're one preseason game and a handful of touches into this thing.
Now you've done it. I expect the bedwetters to start threads already saying to cut him.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(08-11-2017, 06:18 PM)Dakota Wrote:
(08-11-2017, 06:16 PM)FBT Wrote: I'm a little shocked nobody has started a nickname thread for him.  That's usually something that happens a few minutes after a player leaves the podium at the draft.

Let's pump the brakes on "face of the franchise" talk for a bit and allow him to develop.  We're one preseason game and a handful of touches into this thing.
Now you've done it. I expect the bedwetters to start threads already saying to cut him.

Diversity is what this board is about.  Nicknames and "CUT HIM!" threads can coexist here, right?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(08-11-2017, 02:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I would say it is too soon, though I like what I've seen of him thus far.  He seems like he would be a viable candidate for that down the road, but not yet.

I agree; too soon. But those four runs on that second drive had shades of MJD in them. Now we just need to see him break one long.

3.4 ypc nope, 4.5 ypc yes

Ford Truck Fournette
[Image: giphy.gif]

It's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too soon!