Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Too soon to call Fournette the face of the franchise?

If he keeps finishing runs and moving piles like MJD did it won't take long to get to that level.
No pain, no gain.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2017, 04:08 PM by haveaseat.)

(08-11-2017, 06:16 PM)FBT Wrote: I'm a little shocked nobody has started a nickname thread for him.  That's usually something that happens a few minutes after a player leaves the podium at the draft.

Let's pump the brakes on "face of the franchise" talk for a bit and allow him to develop.  We're one preseason game and a handful of touches into this thing.

904nette actually ?

Lets just make sure he makes it to week 1 of the regular season healthy first. Face of the franchise? I'll be happy with him getting his first real carries of his career. And if you have to ask if a guy is the face of the franchise, he isn't (yet).

Probably too soon to call him anything yet...

Let's see some game action. Real game action...

Let's see if he really can take the pressure off Bortles and hit 100 yard games consistently.

I'm all for it (even though I was against drafting him)
if he can produce and be the next Fred Taylor type back for us... I'd feel better about our future.

Chronic Foot Injury -- yes, it's too soon.

Heavens yes, it's too soon to call him 'the face of the franchise'! We still don't know what he can actually do in a real game against starters. Remember: those were 2nd and 3rd stringers he faced in the pats game... which was just a preseason game, by the way. Lets wait and see how things go by the end of one regular season of real games against the opponents starters. Then we should have a much clearer picture of if we got 'the real deal'.

There was a topic today on undisputed about Fournette calling NFL too easy. Sharpe said "the Jaguars are everybody's homecoming". That's harsh lol. Anyways they did reveal that the Pats held out 40 players in the preseason game, most in NFL. Weren't too happy with 4nette calling NFL easy, but doesn't bother me a bit when you actually hear 4nette talk to the mic.

It's too soon. Need to see how his first year goes. He did look very quick, explosive and decisive in his first real game though. Definitely missed that on our offense. He'll be exciting to watch for years to come. Maurice was right. He certainly has that "look" to him. He has HUGE shoes to fill tradition wise. He's the highest drafted runner now in franchise history.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

You can call him QB for all I care... Bortles is Terrible and doesn't deserve to be in the league.
I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Laughing
(08-14-2017, 02:31 PM)David4499 Wrote: You can call him QB for all I care... Bortles is Terrible and doesn't deserve to be in the league.

Bortles living rent free in your dome.

Lets give 904nette some time before inducting him as Face of the Franchise.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I wonder if we can wait to see him in an actual game first.

Also, I thought faces of franchises become faces of franchises by being the face of the franchise, not merely 'called' one.

No? Okay, crown him.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Right now he has the face of a fool. Talking that the NFL is easy when he has yet to gain a single yard in the real season.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2017, 04:14 PM by David4499.)

Do you think we'll ever get rid of the color Teal??? I mean.... thank god we weren't assigned Beige when they were handing out colors.
I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2017, 04:22 PM by BritJag.)

Isn't it great to take things out of context for media sensation? Ah well, he'll learn to just mumble standard rhetoric and avoid implicating himself.

To Browntrouser that is
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Injured already in preseason and won't play in Thurs preseason game. He won't last a whole season. Not even close to face of the franchise.