Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars vs Patriots - Preseason breakdown

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2017, 10:47 PM by JackCity.)

Put together as much GIFs from last night as I could and wrote a bit about them here :

https://jackjaguars.wordpress.com/2017/0...breakdown/

Give it a look and let me know what you all think. All feedback good/bad welcome folks! Cheers

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Damn, thanks man. For some reason I didnt even realize that was Marquez Williams out there. He had some monster blocks and he has been out pretty much of the whole training camp i think. I thought he was still on pup list

(08-11-2017, 10:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Damn, thanks man.  For some reason I didnt even realize that was Marquez Williams out there.  He had some monster blocks and he has been out pretty much of the whole training camp i think.  I thought he was still on pup list

Yeah I didn't notice him at all until I played it back. Made some nice blocks and was surprisingly mobile for a big guy.  

Was a real fun game even if it was preseason.

Great job!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

That is a great montage and analysis, thanks.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2017, 11:25 AM by JackCity.)

(08-12-2017, 01:27 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Great job!

Thank you sir!

(08-12-2017, 02:27 AM)Jagbuck Wrote: That is a great montage and analysis, thanks.

Cheers buddy. I'll try and do one every week.

Well done, JC.

Yes, nice job. Appreciated it.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2017, 04:38 PM by JackCity.)

(08-12-2017, 12:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Well done, JC.

Cheers. Not enough content about the jagaurs compared to other teams so I figured I'd try do my bit.

(08-12-2017, 12:02 PM)PF* Wrote: Yes, nice job. Appreciated it.

'Preciate you 'preciating it

Great work there, I definitely enjoyed it.

Loved the Marquez Williams block clip, I missed that during the game.

Great write up and clips. Well done! I enjoyed it!
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

i watched and read it all, GJ keep it up.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Taking a closer look at the gifs - in sequence with a few skips ahead:

On the Ivory run - Marqise Lee, Marcedes, Cam and Omameh all do a great job creating/sealing the lane.

Skipping ahead - Benn just keeps consistently making these plays at the gunner position. Can't be ignored. He's valuable to this team.

Yannick's work ethic will pay dividends in his stat lines for pressures and sacks this season and greater dividends in his bank account in a few years. He's earning it. I have a feeling the presence/influence of Jackson, Campbell and coach Hobby will end up being a boon for this young man and I hope for Fowler too.

Williams will be our starting FB.

Grant continues to bobble kick-offs and the team has a better option in Lee there, but his performance as a C.O.P. back and gimmick guy may be earning him a sure spot on the roster anyway.

Westbrook/Allen hookup: Remember the poster here that wrote a dissertation on how the only thing Allen can do is back up and heave the ball because he can't make technical three step drop throws with proper velocity?
Well... maybe thats a good thing if your receiving corps has guys like Westbrook, Lee and maybe Cole getting behind the secondary.

Good Lord, Corey Grant has got jets, man. Straight up Lockheed-Martin kerosene-gulping turbines. I hope they continue to find ways to use it.

Great job. I enjoyed those.

When I watched the very first one, the thing that came to mind was, "that's what they do at Alabama." You know a 4-year starter at Alabama at LT will know how to run-block.

(08-13-2017, 01:20 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Skipping ahead - Benn just keeps consistently making these plays at the gunner position. Can't be ignored. He's valuable to this team.

That is the value of clips like these- shows relatively minor things like Benn's hustle and contribution. Matthew Slater fills this role in New England and is probably a 9-10 year pro and team captain now, all b/c of his ability on ST as a gunner.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

The thing the stands out the most in these clips is OL technique. Nearly everyone had explosion and controlled their man. You like to see that twist and maneuvering to create a gap. In the past guys were just heads up and attempting to get in the way. Additionally, I'm kind of a Bow homer and he dominated his guy and took on a few doubles. Makes you wonder what that would look like at RG.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Arrellious Benn might just be the best ST gunner we've had here since Montell Owense & Kassim Osgood (honorable mention to Chad Nkang, only around for a year or two but was a nightmare on ST coverage, shame he only lasted a year)

I can't say enough about how much the ST has improved with the return of Joe DeCamillis. I LOVE the lane discipline and sound tackling, in 1 preseason week they already look better than any point in the last half decade under Mularkey and Bradley. Back when this team was good in the mid 2000's ST's was a HUGE reason why, from coverage stars in Owens and Osgood, to clutch kicking by Scobee, and having MJD and a few others add a dangerous element to returns. We stole quite a few games off the back of this unit. I'm glad to see an emphasis being placed on it again since it was maddening to see us squander leads because of a lack of focus on ST's.. it's cliche but they really are on the field more than you would think, and all it takes is one bounce on ANY play to blow the game open.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Nice. Thank you for that, JC.

Something else to mention about the Rashad Greene punt return was the stellar blocking he received. Every man was engaged and productive.

Great read and good piecing together the gifs. Didn't have a chance to watch because I was on the road, so it's good to SEE the play instead of reading about it.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Nice one Jack City; well thought out.  You don't want to credit the piece to your name though, versus the alias?
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.