Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Global temperatures COOLER now than when Gore won Nobel Prize in 2007

Global temperatures COOLER now than when Gore won Nobel Prize in 2007

Meteorologist Joe Bastardi explains: “Al Gore was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize based on warnings of future events — the same future events that have not happened.

http://www.climatedepot.com/2017/08/12/g...e-in-2007/
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Well I sure hope you're right. It seems hotter to me.

(08-13-2017, 07:13 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Well I sure hope you're right.  It seems hotter to me.

Read yesterday that the NE and upper Midwest are pretty much done with summer weather for this year. Gore does us all a favor every time he fires up the Powerpoint, it's like God laughs and says, "oh yeah?"
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-13-2017, 07:13 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Well I sure hope you're right.  It seems hotter to me.

It always seems more uncomfortable than last year. That's human nature.

In Florida we had the coldest winter "ever" in 2010. It didn't set record lows, but it was below freezing over most of the state practically every night that winter. 500 year-old corals died from the continuous cold.

Since then we haven't had many below freezing nights here in Central Florida, so yeah, it's been warmer for the last six winters.

This summer has had some hot days, but overall it's been cooler than normal. We even had a cold front come through in July, a rare occurrence. CO2-induced warming has very little effect on summer temperature, it mainly warms polar areas, winters, and nighttime lows.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2017, 09:56 AM by The Real Marty.)

(08-13-2017, 09:38 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:

It always seems more uncomfortable than last year. That's human nature.

In Florida we had the coldest winter "ever" in 2010. It didn't set record lows, but it was below freezing over most of the state practically every night that winter. 500 year-old corals died from the continuous cold.

Since then we haven't had many below freezing nights here in Central Florida, so yeah, it's been warmer for the last six winters.

This summer has had some hot days, but overall it's been cooler than normal. We even had a cold front come through in July, a rare occurrence. CO2-induced warming has very little effect on summer temperature, it mainly warms polar areas, winters, and nighttime lows.

Warming the winters is nice because I've been able to play a lot of golf the last few winters.

This article from 2015 says summers have been getting hotter. 

"Overall, summer temperatures are heating up across the country, having risen steadily since the 1970s. For the contiguous states over that period, temperatures overall have increased at a rate of about 0.4°F per decade for a total of nearly 2°F since 1970."

https://weather.com/science/environment/...te-central

Of course it goes on to say it's not the same everywhere.

All I can say is, it sure seems hotter to me, but of course there is no evidence other than the fact that I don't even like to go outside in the middle of the day any more.

(08-13-2017, 09:50 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 09:38 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: It always seems more uncomfortable than last year. That's human nature.

Warming the winters is nice because I've been able to play a lot of golf the last few winters.

"Overall, summer temperatures are heating up across the country, having risen steadily since the 1970s. For the contiguous states over that period, temperatures overall have increased at a rate of about 0.4°F per decade for a total of nearly 2°F since 1970."

All I can say is, it sure seems hotter to me, but of course there is no evidence other than the fact that I don't even like to go outside in the middle of the day any more.

At the same time, the 70s are cherry picked as the starting point because it appears to prove their case.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-13-2017, 09:58 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 09:50 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Warming the winters is nice because I've been able to play a lot of golf the last few winters.

At the same time, the 70s are cherry picked as the starting point because it appears to prove their case.

Well, like I said, I hope you're right that there is no global warming.   I'm not saying I agree, but I sure hope you're right.

Remember... this is why the rhetoric changed from "GLOBAL WARMING!!!"

to "MAN MADE CLIMATE CHANGE!!!"

Meanwhile, sane people, with no political leaning say...

"The ebb and flow of Mother Nature"

(08-13-2017, 09:58 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 09:50 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Warming the winters is nice because I've been able to play a lot of golf the last few winters.

1970 cherry picked? Why would you ever say that?

[Image: 2dlm053.jpg?zoom=2]

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(08-13-2017, 10:10 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 09:58 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: At the same time, the 70s are cherry picked as the starting point because it appears to prove their case.

Well, like I said, I hope you're right that there is no global warming.   I'm not saying I agree, but I sure hope you're right.

Going to agree with Marty. I'm not saying I agree with you that it doesn't exist. I just really hope you're right.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2017, 07:52 PM by Dakota.)

The great mother Earth does have it's own thermostat. Unfortunately, we people as mammals refer to them as natural disasters. Everything from thunderstorms to hurricanes to volcanic eruptions are part of this planet's thermostat.

Routinely, thunderstorms disperse heat in the form of rain and winds. They are triggered by the heating of the Earth. Same goes for hurricanes, but a much larger scale. The power of a hurricane dwarfs all of the nukes in the world. Finally, the Earth is similar to an egg. The crust of this planet is very thin, covering a boiling pit of lava. If temperatures rise too much, the pressure from inner Earth also rise, until a void in the crust is breached. When that happens, the ash from a volcano the size of mount st helens puts out enough ash into the atmosphere to block the sun's rays. Temperatures fall, and the balance is restored.

While it may be bad for people, the Earth is actually a tough mother. It will self-regulate as needed until a catastrophic event like a large asteroid or a comet comes along and slams into this planet. Until that day comes, there is little we can do to disrupt the thermostat of the planet.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(08-14-2017, 06:39 PM)mvannostran Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 10:10 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Well, like I said, I hope you're right that there is no global warming.   I'm not saying I agree, but I sure hope you're right.

Going to agree with Marty. I'm not saying I agree with you that it doesn't exist. I just really hope you're right.

I don't think it's absent, I deny the tactics the hysterics are using for personal gain.