Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marqise Lee Injured In Practice (merged threads)

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-13-2017, 03:20 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 02:30 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: well that's good early news, but if it was truly non contact, how was it not serious?

you dont get a high ankles sprain with no contact, atleast I have never heard of any such situation

Who said it was a high ankle sprain? It could just be a regular ankle sprain and you can get them all the time without contact trying to cut.

Nobody.  That's the other diagnosis by Dr. Krayz.  It's a high ankle sprain with Achilles involvement written all over it based on the fact that it was non-contact.  Nobody ever injures an ankle in a minor way in non-contact situations.  

By the time KJD is done diagnosing this thing, Lee is going to be preparing to be fitted for a prosthetic.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(08-13-2017, 03:20 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 01:09 PM)jags_r_bake Wrote: Conveniently, Fournette also injured with a foot injury. First day on this new turf. LOL

I was thinking/wondering the same thing...

Yeah, it's definitely something flags go up over when one practice session in on the new turf you've got two key injuries to deal with.  Either the turf is the problem, or the equipment guys didn't make adjustments to the cleats the players were using.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Again, Fournette didn't practice at all yesterday. Can't blame the turf on that one
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I talked to his mom on Facebook, she said he is fine

(08-13-2017, 01:58 PM)Frailbones Wrote: Probably a high ankle sprain then.

Rest up big fella.

This is why ankles shouldn't get high. At least not before practice and games.

@RAPSHEET #Jaguars WR Marqise Lee suffered a high-ankle sprain, source said. He'll push hard to be ready for Week 1, but caution could push it back

But I thought high ankle sprains could never happen from non-contact?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-14-2017, 10:17 AM)mvannostran Wrote: But I thought high ankle sprains could never happen from non-contact?

no one said they cant, just that it is really rare/hard to do so

I mean usually its from landing on someones foot or stepping down on someones foot, hard to imagine just running and twisting it so bad and in a certain way to have a high ankle sprain

maybe the non contact part was exaggerated by reporters

I don't know why it would be considered improbable to get a high ankle sprain in a no-contact manner. I had one back in the day playing basketball.

(08-14-2017, 10:26 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 10:17 AM)mvannostran Wrote: But I thought high ankle sprains could never happen from non-contact?

no one said they cant, just that it is really rare/hard to do so

I mean usually its from landing on someones foot or stepping down on someones foot, hard to imagine just running and twisting it so bad and in a certain way to have a high ankle sprain

maybe the non contact part was exaggerated by reporters

Where exactly did you get your medical training?

A high ankle sprain isn't contingent upon someone stepping on it or stepping on someone.  You can get one simply by cutting and having the ankle roll.  Contact isn't required, but maybe your medical expertise says differently. I always thought a high ankle sprain is simply indicative of which ligaments were strained in the injury, and not how they were injured.

(08-14-2017, 11:55 AM)Billycool Jag Wrote: I don't know why it would be considered improbable to get a high ankle sprain in a no-contact manner.  I had one back in the day playing basketball.

Are you sure that wasn't tackle basketball and you're just exaggerating the non-contact part?

I heard a 2 month timeframe. That'll have him back around week 3.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(08-14-2017, 08:13 PM)knarnn Wrote: I heard a 2 month timeframe. That'll have him back around week 3.

I've heard it could be that long because he's not able to practice at all until it heals meaning he'll need a couple weeks to work back into shape.

Fortunately it sounds like a minor high-ankle sprain as far as high-ankle sprains go, but in general, the high-ankle sprains are considered the worst kind.

Should this endure, I'm not sure we really need Lee out there, and that the advantage of having so many WRs. Really we have our #1 WR in ARob, and then a few guys who could qualify as the #2. In fact, when I look at the jersey numbers from the practice highlights, I rarely even see #11 or #88. Instead, I'm primarily seeing three numbers catching most of the passes, and those are #15, #17 and #84.

'02

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2017, 07:25 AM by JagsorDie.)

(08-13-2017, 02:30 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: well that's good early news, but if it was truly non contact, how was it not serious?

you dont get a high ankles sprain with no contact, atleast I have never heard of any such situation

high ankle sprain is just a seperation of your tibia and fibula near the ankle that tears the muscle tissue connecting the two bones. It's normally acquired in non contact. I used to get them playing soccer. They take a while to heal compared to normal ankle sprains.

If your foot goes one way and your leg twists wrong the other, it's easy to get them. Coming down wrong from a jump or planting and cutting hard are pretty good ways to get them. I think I had one from sprinting and stepping in a hole wrong on Fletcher's field. They are not hard to get.

At least this is my understanding of them.