Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles benched at practice for Henne after 2 pick 6's?

In securing Ls, absolutely. He is the best at that.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2017, 06:46 PM by homebiscuit.)

I'm no Bortles fanboy, but at least I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt with a couple of regular season games under his belt before I pass judgement.

Henne? Please. The guy is wildly inconsistent from one snap to the next. He was made to be a backup.

(08-13-2017, 06:35 PM)BritJag Wrote: In securing Ls, absolutely. He is the best at that.

I stand corrected and by the way Gabba took that title
[Image: giphy.gif]

(08-13-2017, 06:28 PM)fufatboy Wrote: Henne will be fine as the game manager this team needs. The last thing we need is a pretend QB that passes TD's to the opponent on the regular. With our run game and vast skill position talent available, Henne will thrive. Sit the drunk down and have another. It amuses me how many still buy into the fraud that Bortles is. Marrone will bench him and Caldwell will take another hit. This is going to be Leftwich V Garrard all over again.

No it's not. 

Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

It's sink or swim with Bortles this year. Either he shows why he was a top 5 pick or he doesn't and we draft another QB this year. Benching him for a known failure in Henne is a big waste of time.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(08-13-2017, 06:45 PM)knarnn Wrote: It's sink or swim with Bortles this year. Either he shows why he was a top 5 pick or he doesn't and we draft another QB this year. Benching him for a known failure in Henne is a big waste of time.

Regardless of how Bortles plays this year (competent at best, IMHO) we're taking a QB in the first round.

(08-13-2017, 06:45 PM)knarnn Wrote: It's sink or swim with Bortles this year. Either he shows why he was a top 5 pick or he doesn't and we draft another QB this year. Benching him for a known failure in Henne is a big waste of time.

All you need to know is that Marrone is not Bradley. He aint waiting around for some inconsistent player to figure it out in the regular season. He point blank stated that message previously already. Not to mention Tom Coughlin is preaching about Winning Today.

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2017, 06:55 PM by JaguarJosh05.)

I've seen enough of Henne. How he is even still employed in the NFL is beyond me. This just speaks to how far Blake has fallen since his rookie year when he was halfway up the top 100 list. Dude seemed to have it all. Poise, strong arm, mobility, competitive edge, could scramble and make plays by buying time. It seems Gus ruined him. I was hoping it was just wear and tear from last season with nagging injuries but I guess we're in real trouble. It only matters what he does during game time so can't lose all hope yet. I wouldn't mind seeing Allen before Henne. At least then we can hope he develops into a franchise QB. Henne is just a dirty band-aid. Worst case scenario he goes out and stinks it up with the first unit in preseason. At least then we can say we tried.
No pain, no gain.

(08-13-2017, 05:21 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 04:06 PM)Jerrad Wrote: Bortles Claus is gifting DBs pick 6s. Christmas in August!
He's still better than captain sellout checkdown garrard. lol.

Not in your wildest dreams, Mrs. Bortles.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

(08-13-2017, 06:54 PM)Jerrad Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 05:21 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: He's still better than captain sellout checkdown garrard. lol.

Not in your wildest dreams, Mrs. Bortles.

I disagree with you Mrs. Garrard

Good god. It's amazing how much this board overreacts
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Brandon Allen should be the starter. We know who Bortles is and we know who Henne is. Its Allen's turn

(08-13-2017, 07:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Brandon Allen should be the starter.  We know who Bortles is and we know who Henne is.  Its Allen's turn

I agree, anyone besides Bortles. Steve Spurrier could could QB this team to victory before Balake.

Blake needs a fire lit under him. I don't know if he's just gotten really lackadaisical or what. Maybe our first/second unit defense is just that good. Not his fault Greene dropped a first down pass. Would be nice if Brandon Allen won the starting job somehow. I'd like to see him start one of these preseason games.
No pain, no gain.

this board is a joke and we wonder why our fanbase is not respected around the league.

(08-13-2017, 07:28 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: this board is a joke and we wonder why our fanbase is not respected around the league.

Yes it is a joke that people still want more horrendous QB play. Everyone in the league knows this guy is a bust. Yet this board cant see it when its right in their face.

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2017, 07:42 PM by Jags32250.)

Easy logic. Bortles performs then good, if not, we are in good draft position. No choice than to ride it out and enjoy the beers fellas, chill.

(08-13-2017, 07:40 PM)fufatboy Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 07:28 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: this board is a joke and we wonder why our fanbase is not respected around the league.

Yes it is a joke that people still want more horrendous QB play. Everyone in the league knows this guy is a bust. Yet this board cant see it when its right in their face.

At this moment, propose a better option.

(08-13-2017, 07:40 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: Easy logic. Bortles performs then good, if not, we are in good draft position. No choice than to ride it out and enjoy the beers fellas, chill.

If were sitting here watching another bust season of Bortles then Tom and Marrone are flat out liars. I don't think that's gonna happen. Blake is toast unless he totally does a 180 from here out. Honestly I think its too late.

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2017, 07:45 PM by haveaseat.)

Our fanbase? Our whole franchise isn't respected because we hold on to mediocrity. It's like the Gabbert crowd always saying and saying he needed more time. You either have it or you don't and you can tell who does. And if you really aren't sure then make some kind of push for an insurance plan.

I just want to see the poise he had as a rookie. He looks unsettled and ancy every time he goes to throw even though the initial protection is perfect. I'm hoping Allen plays the entire 2nd half against Tampa.
No pain, no gain.