Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Brett Hundley

Let's face it- Blake Bortles does not have what it takes to be a starting NFL quarterback. Henne looked good in the 1st pre-season game, but his inconsistency is well-documented. We do not know enough about Brandon Allen to even consider him a reasonable option at this point.

Back in 1995, Tom Coughlin acquired Mark Brunell from the Packers for a mid-round draft pick. It was probably the best move he ever made along with trading Rob Johnson for a 1st rounder who turned out to be Fred Taylor. I suggest that he calls Green Bay again to see if they would take a 3rd or 4th round pick for Brett Hundley. There are similarities between Brunell and Hundley. Both had very good careers in the Pac 10 and were stuck on teams lead by future Hall of Fame quarterbacks. The odds of Brunell becoming a pro-bowler who would take the Jaguars to the AFC Championship twice were not very good at the time of the trade. But it did happen and there isn't a close second as far as best quarterbacks in Jaguars history.

Brett Hundley is the best option right now. It would not cost the Jaguars a lot and they would have a year to see if he has what it takes to be their quarterback of the future. If not, next year's draft has several excellent prospects. Forget about McCarron (the price is too high ) or Kaepernick (for the obvious reasons).

Make the call, Tom, and let's see if deja vu can happen again!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-13-2017, 07:25 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Let's face it- Blake Bortles does not have what it takes to be a starting NFL quarterback. Henne looked good in the 1st pre-season game, but his inconsistency is well-documented. We do not know enough about Brandon Allen to even consider him a reasonable option at this point.

Back in 1995, Tom Coughlin acquired Mark Brunell from the Packers for a mid-round draft pick. It was probably the best move he ever made along with trading Rob Johnson for a 1st rounder who turned out to be Fred Taylor. I suggest that he calls Green Bay again to see if they would take a 3rd or 4th round pick for Brett Hundley. There are similarities between Brunell and Hundley. Both had very good careers in the Pac 10 and were stuck on teams lead by future Hall of Fame quarterbacks. The odds of Brunell becoming a pro-bowler who would take the Jaguars to the AFC Championship twice were not very good at the time of the trade. But it did happen and there isn't a close second as far as best quarterbacks in Jaguars history.

Brett Hundley is the best option right now. It would not cost the Jaguars a lot and they would have a year to see if he has what it takes to be their quarterback of the future. If not, next year's draft has several excellent prospects. Forget about McCarron (the price is too high ) or Kaepernick (for the obvious reasons).

I want to say it's a really dumb idea. But I wouldn't be opposed to bringing somebody new in to compete. Could also use a kicker.
No pain, no gain.

Ahhh, there are more of you!

lets bring tim tebow back while we're at it
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2017, 07:32 PM by NameRemoved.)

(08-13-2017, 07:25 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Let's face it- Blake Bortles does not have what it takes to be a starting NFL quarterback. Henne looked good in the 1st pre-season game, but his inconsistency is well-documented. We do not know enough about Brandon Allen to even consider him a reasonable option at this point.

Quality post dude. People need to stop holding on just like when they accepted Gus for another year. Cut the loss now. Its smart business to stop the hemorrhaging. Last time Henne started he did not have this running scheme and talent. Bortles has already shown that it wont matter the scheme or scenario. He threw two more pick sixes on his day off for God's sakes.

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2017, 07:48 PM by TealHammer.)

I wasn't a Huntley fan coming out of UCLA. No reason to think he'd be an upgrade.

(08-13-2017, 07:48 PM)TealHammer Wrote: I wasn't a Huntley fan coming out of UCLA. No reason to think he'd be an upgrade.

I'm a huge UCLA fan, but I never saw Hundley as a serious pro prospect. His game doesn't translate to the NFL.

They would probably want at least a 3rd. I would rather see what we have in Brandon Allen

(08-13-2017, 07:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 07:48 PM)TealHammer Wrote: I wasn't a Huntley fan coming out of UCLA. No reason to think he'd be an upgrade.

I'm a huge UCLA fan, but I never saw Hundley as a serious pro prospect. His game doesn't translate to the NFL.

I respect that since you have seen much more of him than I. I know there were questions about him coming out of college which caused him to drop to the 5th round. I just can't stand the thought of seeing Blake throw away games again this season. This team has plenty of talent and I really believe we'll end up having Henne as the starter prior to mid-season. Who knows, maybe he can at least be a decent game manager.

(08-13-2017, 07:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: They would probably want at least a 3rd.  I would rather see what we have in Brandon Allen

Not to mention he's a free agent next year. If you want him you can pay him next year and save the pick.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(08-13-2017, 08:41 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 07:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm a huge UCLA fan, but I never saw Hundley as a serious pro prospect. His game doesn't translate to the NFL.

I respect that since you have seen much more of him than I. I know there were questions about him coming out of college which caused him to drop to the 5th round. I just can't stand the thought of seeing Blake throw away games again this season. This team has plenty of talent and I really believe we'll end up having Henne as the starter prior to mid-season. Who knows, maybe he can at least be a decent game manager.

Do do us a favor and go root for another team because I can't stand the thought of you posting another message on here.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2017, 08:55 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(08-13-2017, 08:41 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 07:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm a huge UCLA fan, but I never saw Hundley as a serious pro prospect. His game doesn't translate to the NFL.

Henne? Have you seen this guy play over the years? He's terrible. He has more career INT's than touchdowns. He has one good preseason game, in limited action, against the other teams backups and now he should be the starter? Did I wake up in another dimension?

(08-13-2017, 08:43 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 08:41 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I respect that since you have seen much more of him than I. I know there were questions about him coming out of college which caused him to drop to the 5th round. I just can't stand the thought of seeing Blake throw away games again this season. This team has plenty of talent and I really believe we'll end up having Henne as the starter prior to mid-season. Who knows, maybe he can at least be a decent game manager.

Do do us a favor and go root for another team because I can't stand the thought of you posting another message on here.

That means a lot coming from the guy who would take Bortles over Garrard!

(08-13-2017, 07:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Totally agree with this.

Don't tell this to our fans, however, as they believe every back up player in the league would be a pro bowler.

AJ McCaron would be perfect for Jacksonville. He can play. But to stay on topic, I would not give up more than a 3rd for Hundley. I don't see him as a star. AJ has star ability.

Jaglou, fair post though I disagree with the opening line. Bortles does have what it takes to play the position, in my view. Cutting down on mistakes and becoming a proven winner are his major challenges. But it's a short leashed league and his time is running out. I still think a trade for a QB at this point in the offseason is rash and chaotic, considering there are no injuries at the position. Coaches are paid to mask flaws and highlight strengths. Let them work.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

It depends on who you're trading for. Another Brunell is all we need.

Seriously think to yourself what this team could do with a top 15 QB.

(08-13-2017, 07:30 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: lets bring tim tebow back while we're at it

yeah and Todd Bouman! Bortles is  the Jags Qb for the 2017 season. We don't need anymore threads looking to replace Bortles and bash Dante Fowler so let's move on.

If were trading for anyone (and we absolutely should be trying to) Its tyrod taylor. The bills are making it apprent they dont view a future with him and are loading up on picks to build for after him. Hes perfect for what we need and a far better QB than blake.

(08-14-2017, 02:00 AM)GlockBortles Wrote: If were trading for anyone (and we absolutely should be trying to) Its tyrod taylor. The bills are making it apprent they dont view a future with him and are loading up on picks to build for after him. Hes perfect for what we need and a far better QB than blake.
 Came here to post this. 

Tyrod would be perfect here. He's a known commodity. He doesn't turn the ball over much, he can create with his legs and turn the defense in on its self + he has a great deep ball so we can still  feed Arob and the rest of our receivers. He should be perfect here and with some more investment in the OLine we would be a playoff team with him. I don't know what the value is for him but I'd do it.