Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Total Solar Eclipse Coming On August 21, 2017***

(08-19-2017, 10:48 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-19-2017, 10:40 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: How was SC, the lake marion area, looking like?

Don't remember specifics because I was a driving zombie slightly tired, but major exits were stupid busy. On ramps backed up in some spots, while other areas were busier than usual. I've driven 95 between Jacksonville and Fayetteville, NC more times than I can count and I've never seen it like this on a "do nothing" Saturday.

Damn, I guess Ill be 100% staying at Jax.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-19-2017, 10:50 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(08-19-2017, 10:48 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Don't remember specifics because I was a driving zombie slightly tired, but major exits were stupid busy. On ramps backed up in some spots, while other areas were busier than usual. I've driven 95 between Jacksonville and Fayetteville, NC more times than I can count and I've never seen it like this on a "do nothing" Saturday.

Damn, I guess Ill be 100% staying at Jax.

I would. I only came down because my dad is in the ICU, otherwise I had no plans to be on the road this weekend. NB going into SC from GA is always bad and today traffic was very slow to almost stopped.

(08-19-2017, 10:56 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-19-2017, 10:50 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Damn, I guess Ill be 100% staying at Jax.

I would. I only came down because my dad is in the ICU, otherwise I had no plans to be on the road this weekend. NB going into SC from GA is always bad and today traffic was very slow to almost stopped.

This only confirms that my decision to go north and west into Tennessee was far, far better than my option to go east and north into SC.

And if the forecast holds, I'll be even happier I shifted up this way.

I must be the only one who doesn't really care..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(08-20-2017, 08:20 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I must be the only one who doesn't really care..

I am interested but have more serious things to worry about.

In my location of 90% it is projected to be cloudy all daySad well maybe next time haha
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(08-20-2017, 08:20 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I must be the only one who doesn't really care..

About what?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I don't have any eclipse glasses so I made a projector. I'm going to look so cool standing in my work parking lot gazing into a Cinnamon Toast Crunch box.

(08-21-2017, 10:48 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I don't have any eclipse glasses so I made a projector. I'm going to look so cool standing in my work parking lot gazing into a Cinnamon Toast Crunch box.

Yuck.. try using a Captin Crunch box..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Its going to start soon here in Oregon. I'm not in the path of totality but we are going to get about 99% so I've got my glasses (hopefully official ones) ready!

It's been raining here in Jacksonville/OP and there is a cloud cover that will affect actually seeing the eclipse if it doesn't go away. I have no plans to look at it so I'll just enjoy the creepiness of it being almost dark so early in the day.

depending on the % totality you get it will just get dim like the late afternoon. It is pretty cool how cold it feels outside with no cloud cover and most of the sun's radiation blocked.

Enjoy!

This cloud cover needs to go away!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2017, 01:41 PM by americus 2.0.)

Watching the coverage on CBS and it's happening in Jackson Hole, WY and that's pretty neat.

It was like watching the sun set and rise all within a few minutes.

(08-21-2017, 01:35 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: This cloud cover needs to go away!!

I agree. They have clear skies in Jackson Hole and I have to admit that was neat to watch. They have the camera pointed to the mountain range and it's just beautiful.

The eclipsen is turning out to be a bust like bortles because of the clouds and light rain.

Bust in St. Augustine. Eclipse was like Bortles here, too.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

That was disappointing. Couldn't decipher between the darkness from the storm clouds and the eclipse.

I saw about a half a minute of it inbetween clouds. Whoop de do.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

For supposedly being 91% covered it didn't get very dark at all. The storm clouds that rolled through earlier right before the rain came down made it darker than the eclipse.

(08-21-2017, 03:14 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: For supposedly being 91% covered it didn't get very dark at all. The storm clouds that rolled through earlier right before the rain came down made it darker than the eclipse.

I know. I was at 97 or 98 percent in Vancouver, WA, but it just barely dimmed for a few minutes. Those who were actually in it are saying how amazing it was, but just outside it wasn't much at all.
'02