Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Best option if not Bortles?
Kapernick
Henne
Trade
Allen
None of the above
[Show Results]

What is the best option if not Bortles?

Lightbulb 

If Bortles cannot get it together, what is the best plan B?
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Are you speaking more in immediate terms or future? I'd vote none of the above if it were an option.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Henne

(08-17-2017, 11:59 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Are you speaking more in immediate terms or future? I'd vote none of the above if it were an option.

I'm speaking now.  The Jags have been building toward the future for nearly a decade.  The talent is here to win now.  I'm talking about for the 2017 season!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I think I'll just wait and see..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Well we have some moronic fan on facebook comment section on ESPN who said he would rather have Blaine Gabbert over Bortles, lol Gabbert the guy who in his final year with the Jags throw 1 td and 7 ints, 48% completion a 4.4 QBR and 36 passer rating, crazy thing is somebody liked his post.

Do people really dont remember how awful Gabbert was, people cry about Blake but he is miles better then what we had before.
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2017, 12:20 PM by imtheblkranger.)

This year? Nothing. We aren't winning much with any of those options if Blake fails. Which, for the record, I don't think he will.

Now next year, there's a ton of options.

(08-17-2017, 12:17 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: Well we have some moronic fan on facebook comment section on ESPN who said he would rather have Blaine Gabbert over Bortles, lol Gabbert the guy who in his final year with the Jags throw 1 td and 7 ints, 48% completion a 4.4 QBR and 36 passer rating, crazy thing is somebody liked his post.

Do people really dont remember how awful Gabbert was, people cry about Blake but he is miles better then what we had before.

I wouldn't mind putting Gab's arm on Blake though.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-17-2017, 12:19 PM)mvannostran Wrote: This year? Nothing. We aren't winning much with any of those options if Blake fails. Which, for the record, I don't think he will.

Now next year, there's a ton of options.

(08-17-2017, 12:17 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: Well we have some moronic fan on facebook comment section on ESPN who said he would rather have Blaine Gabbert over Bortles, lol Gabbert the guy who in his final year with the Jags throw 1 td and 7 ints, 48% completion a 4.4 QBR and 36 passer rating, crazy thing is somebody liked his post.

I wouldn't mind putting Gab's arm on Blake though.

We still need a better head, which is where both guys seemingly failed a lot...
Gabs with his awful pocket presence and Bortles with his awful decision making

There is no quick fix for right "now"... "Right Now" we are at the place called " You gotta do the best ya can with what ya got"...

Just to answer this question:

The truthful answer would be Keapernick. That may be the least popular answer but he is the only guy that is available that has taken a team to the Super Bowl and has shown he can be successful when surrounded with good talent. He is not a guy who can take a bad roster and win but with the talent we have I can see him playing a safe game and relying on his athletic ability to win 10 games this year easy.

None of this really matters because it's to late to pull the trigger on something like that. So it's Bortles or die. Realistically, I would say Allen. He can hand the ball off and looks accurate and smart enough to only make the throw in front of him and the team be successful with it. He's mobile and is hungry to show his ability.

Trade a 2nd rounder rounder to the chiefs for Alex Smith

Just ride it out this year and draft a QB of the future in 2018.

Riding it out this year is the reality of what's going to happen. Thinking this team is going to make any sort of move to bring in another QB at this point is pure fantasy.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

See what Bortles does.

-If he wins fewer than 7 games: Draft a QB in the first or second round
-If he wins 7+ games: Draft a QB in the 2nd-4th rounds to replace Henne
-If he wins a playoff game: Consider getting a Free Agent QB to replace Henne
-if he wins the Super Bowl: Turn off Madden. Pinch yourself. Then if he still has won the super bowl, then GIVE HIM ALL THE MONEY

(08-17-2017, 03:12 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: See what Bortles does.  

-if he wins the Super Bowl: Turn off Madden.  Pinch yourself.  Then if he still has won the super bowl, then GIVE HIM ALL THE MONEY

The thing is, football is a team sport.  One player does not win or lose a game.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2017, 03:37 PM by RicoTx.)

(08-17-2017, 02:49 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Trade a 2nd rounder rounder to the chiefs for Alex Smith

Yeah, let's waste a second rounder on a game manager.

They're not going to trade high draft choices and it this point in preseason it would be really dumb to bring anyone in...at least anyone that is available out there.

(08-17-2017, 03:29 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-17-2017, 03:12 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: See what Bortles does.  

-if he wins the Super Bowl: Turn off Madden.  Pinch yourself.  Then if he still has won the super bowl, then GIVE HIM ALL THE MONEY

The thing is, football is a team sport.  One player does not win or lose a game.

There are a few.  Nobody that we'd be able to get.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

No Tebow option ??? That's a shame.

Bortles is still better than Henne. So Bortles

This season: Henne.
After this season: New draft pick.

I just watched some highlights of Allen in college. His release looks good, but his footwork looks really sloppy. I'll watch him tonight, does he look better?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-17-2017, 12:06 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(08-17-2017, 11:59 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Are you speaking more in immediate terms or future? I'd vote none of the above if it were an option.

I'm speaking now.  The Jags have been building toward the future for nearly a decade.  The talent is here to win now.  I'm talking about for the 2017 season!

Then we ride it out. None of those options makes a difference.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]