Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Best option if not Bortles?
Kapernick
Henne
Trade
Allen
None of the above
[Show Results]

What is the best option if not Bortles?

I say we convince Byron Leftwich to come back.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Byron is too busy coaching the guy drafted ahead of him.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Unfortunately the best option is probably Henne or Allen until they draft the next one.

Not sure why we need another of these threads. We'll know SO much more about our QB situation in just a few weeks.

All of this overreaction to Blake throwing picks in practice has become pretty ridiculous.
You guys are taking the sheeple thing to a new low.

(08-17-2017, 04:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Unfortunately the best option is probably Henne or Allen until they draft the next one.

Not sure why we need another of these threads. We'll know SO much more about  our QB situation in just a few weeks.

All of this overreaction to Blake throwing picks in practice has become pretty ridiculous.
You guys are taking the sheeple thing to a new low.

Oh, let them grind.  It's what they know best.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2017, 05:54 PM by wrong_box.)

(08-17-2017, 02:49 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Trade a 2nd rounder rounder to the chiefs for Alex Smith

and then draft a better QB next year? no thanks

(08-17-2017, 04:27 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I say we convince Byron Leftwich to come back.

How about bringing Garrard back?

(08-17-2017, 01:47 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Just to answer this question:

The truthful answer would be Keapernick. That may be the least popular answer but he is the only guy that is available that has taken a team to the Super Bowl and has shown he can be successful when surrounded with good talent. He is not a guy who can take a bad roster and win but with the talent we have I can see him playing a safe game and relying on his athletic ability to win 10 games this year easy.  

None of this really matters because it's to late to pull the trigger on something like that. So it's Bortles or die. Realistically, I would say Allen. He can hand the ball off and looks accurate and smart enough to only make the throw in front of him and the team be successful with it. He's mobile and is hungry to show his ability.

If he was any good, someone would have picked him up by now...There are some QB needy teams out there and not a single one of them are interested in him which tells me he's not starting caliber

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2017, 06:04 PM by jrvegeeta.)

(08-17-2017, 12:06 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(08-17-2017, 11:59 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Are you speaking more in immediate terms or future? I'd vote none of the above if it were an option.

I'm speaking now.  The Jags have been building toward the future for nearly a decade.  The talent is here to win now.  I'm talking about for the 2017 season!

Dude, this isn't Madden. You can't just plug a new QB in at this juncture and expect great results. In fact, the result WILL be worse because that QB needs time to learn the system, the language that goes with that system, his teammates (specifically his WRs, TEs, and OL), and his coaches. Teams don't hold OTAs, mini-camps, and training camps just for $***s and giggles. It's done to get players acclimated to upcoming season and the new additions to the team.

The only way Plug-in-play has even a small chance to work is if the QB is already used to the style of play the offense runs and the language is somewhat similar. If not....that QBs gonna have a bad time.

As for Henne and Allen, they are backups for a reason - they aren't proven to be as good as the starter. Out of all of this, Allen is the only QB that we don't know enough of. He's likely to be just another guy...but there's also a small possibility that he's the next Tom Brady. If Bortles has to be benched, it's best that we let Allen have a go at it to see if that really is the case. This way if that small possibility becomes reality, we can spend our first round pick elsewhere to an area that we need to improve (like TE – that unit doesn't look promising at all).

(08-17-2017, 03:52 PM)DragonFury Wrote: This season: Henne.
After this season: New draft pick.

I've seen enough of Henne over the years, that it would put me off of watching football altogether, if we started him. He consistently cannot get passed the 50 yard line in games that matter. He's Mr. "3 and out".

(08-17-2017, 03:36 PM)Rico Wrote:
(08-17-2017, 03:29 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The thing is, football is a team sport.  One player does not win or lose a game.

There are a few.  Nobody that we'd be able to get.

No there isn't a few, or even one player who is going to win or lose you games all by himself. Football is the ultimate team sport for a reason. One player alone is not going to win you games at the NFL level. Great Coaches and a good all around team is far more important than just one player.

(08-17-2017, 06:23 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-17-2017, 03:36 PM)Rico Wrote:

There are a few.  Nobody that we'd be able to get.

No there isn't a few, or even one player who is going to win or lose you games all by himself. Football is the ultimate team sport for a reason. One player alone is not going to win you games at the NFL level. Great Coaches and a good all around team is far more important than just one player.

Whatever...that's your opinion.  Manning could.  Brady, most definitely.  Possibly Rogers.  They are few and far between.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-17-2017, 06:28 PM)Rico Wrote:
(08-17-2017, 06:23 PM)Eric1 Wrote: No there isn't a few, or even one player who is going to win or lose you games all by himself. Football is the ultimate team sport for a reason. One player alone is not going to win you games at the NFL level. Great Coaches and a good all around team is far more important than just one player.

Whatever...that's your opinion.  Manning could.  Brady, most definitely.  Possibly Rogers.  They are few and far between.

The year Brady got hurt, his team still went 11-5 with Matt freaking Cassel as the QB...

I vote no more threads about Bortles and deal with it. Take up knitting.

(08-17-2017, 06:37 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-17-2017, 06:28 PM)Rico Wrote: Whatever...that's your opinion.  Manning could.  Brady, most definitely.  Possibly Rogers.  They are few and far between.

The year Brady got hurt, his team still went 11-5 with Matt freaking Cassel as the QB...

And?  

The statement was a player can win a game or games himself.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-17-2017, 07:35 PM)Rico Wrote:
(08-17-2017, 06:37 PM)Eric1 Wrote: The year Brady got hurt, his team still went 11-5 with Matt freaking Cassel as the QB...

And?  

The statement was a player can win a game or games himself.

And my statement was that it's far more important to have Great coaches and a good all around team, which is proved by exactly what I said.

Brady has had the benefit of having arguably the greatest Coach of all time and having a good team around him. Manning had a very good coach and some great players around him.

Brady goes down and the team still wins 11 games.. That just shows that he isn't winning games all by himself, like you claim or want to believe. This isn't Basketball where one player can completely take over a game. Never has been and never will be.

I will stop being a Jags fan if they bring in kap.

Trade for Smith or sign Kap.

With the way we draft, I'd trade for Alex Smith.

(08-17-2017, 05:48 PM)Owrong_box Wrote:
(08-17-2017, 02:49 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Trade a 2nd rounder rounder to the chiefs for Alex Smith

and then draft a better QB next year? no thanks

(08-17-2017, 04:27 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I say we convince Byron Leftwich to come back.

How about bringing Garrard back?

(08-17-2017, 01:47 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Just to answer this question:

The truthful answer would be Keapernick. That may be the least popular answer but he is the only guy that is available that has taken a team to the Super Bowl and has shown he can be successful when surrounded with good talent. He is not a guy who can take a bad roster and win but with the talent we have I can see him playing a safe game and relying on his athletic ability to win 10 games this year easy.  

None of this really matters because it's to late to pull the trigger on something like that. So it's Bortles or die. Realistically, I would say Allen. He can hand the ball off and looks accurate and smart enough to only make the throw in front of him and the team be successful with it. He's mobile and is hungry to show his ability.

If he was any good, someone would have picked him up by now...There are some QB needy teams out there and not a single one of them are interested in him which tells me he's not starting caliber

Of all the guys available he proly the best left. I'm just stating the facts. I'm leaving the political stuff out of it for a second. He's the only qb left that even seen the Super Bowl. He has shown he is capable of taking a team to the playoffs. 

But need I digress. This is all fantasy at this point in the season. Bortles will be the starter week 1

David Caldwell CANNOT be involved in our next draft.

I'd see what we have in Allen. If he's good we may have future trade bait. If he sucks we'll be in position to grab Darnold and fire Caldwell.

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2017, 10:25 PM by David4499.)

I should charge you all admission to get on my "Bortles is Terrible" band wagon...
I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana