Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chad should start

Alright guys, finally off the Blake Bus, tonight was unacceptable playing. Chad is throwing darts out there

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I need a huge plate of crow. Henne gives us the best chance of winning.

Sign Kap.

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2017, 09:27 PM by BritishJag.)

Henne should start week 1.

I'm done with Bortles, he's trash.

(08-17-2017, 09:24 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I need a huge plate of crow. Henne gives us the best chance of winning.
Yeah me too. Couldn't stand Henne his first few years here, but now hes our best chance to win, Blake has lost his confidence. That interview this week was very telling. Definitely a man who is in a state of chaos, never seen him that flustered before. Granted, Blake had 0 help from his offensive line and run game tonight, but his throwing seems even worse than last year.

Bortles or Henne... not sure it matters. I think I'd rather see Henne just because it would be something different. Tired of seeing us not do much with Bortles so why keep banging our head on the table.

I can't believe everyone is surprised. I've been saying this since January that Bortles is a dumpster fire.

I wanted to give Bortles another chance but he has just been missing throws left and right. He doesn't look the part and it sucks. Oh well.

Bortles looks.... bad. Time to move on. Give Henne the ball and snaps going forward.

Where's Rico? It's just practice right bud.

Welp.... I hate to agree with this. Bortles looked really bad out there.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We should be up 14-12 If it wasn't for the 2 dropped TDs. Maybe more than that if he started the first half

We need a QB bad. 3-13 is my guess right now.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Chads two touchdown throws were nice. I've never seen such terrible O-Line play as the first few series. Just look at the time Winston had. I'd be fine if Henne does become the starter, but tonight wasn't a good opportunity for Bortles.

Guess I'll hang out in the college forum to discuss this year's crop of QBs. We'll probably be picking somewhere between 8-12 based on a Bortles/Henne combo at QB.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I think I'm done, too. I've been hanging on to Blake's garbage time MVP stats for over a year, hoping he'd come around. He's all up in his own head. I'm not sure he's salvageable, certainly not in three weeks. We should've brought in competition.

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2017, 09:53 PM by Eric1.)

(08-17-2017, 09:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We should be up 14-12 If it wasn't for the 2 dropped TDs. Maybe more than that if he started the first half

Both those dropped passes were on the same series where Henne got lucky by having the punt return give him the ball at his own 20 yard line. It would have been 1 TD if Cole caught that first TD.

Bortles started every drive back on his own side of the field. He missed some passes that should have been completed. That short armed deep ball to Robinson was awful.

You guys need to look past the QB right now and look at the bigger issue. The OL has been awful and so has the run game. OL can't pass or run block. RB being hit behind the LoS consistently.

It isn't going to matter who the QB is if this OL and running game doesn't get itself figured out.

Henne coming out with first team next

If bortles is viewed in the same light by the coaching staff as you guys who were able to watch him tonight. ..I wouldn't be surprised to see the jags try to move for someone.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Ellis can't block or catch