Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chad should start

(08-22-2017, 06:57 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-22-2017, 06:44 PM)Eric1 Wrote: The most TDs Henne has ever thrown in a single season is 15... 15 TD passes in 15 games.. The kicker is, he threw 19 INTs that season as well. He had Brandon Marshall in the middle of his prime at that time also. Marshall had one of the worst seasons he's ever had that year with Henne as his QB..

You really believe that this team could go 8-8 or 9-7 with Henne? lol.. This Defense will have to be one of the greatest Defenses in the history of the NFL for that to happen. Because this Offense isn't going to score much of any points with Henne as the QB.

You can't go on stats alone.  Henne was on probably the worst teams that the Jaguars ever fielded when he was the starter.  With a better defense and potentially a good run game, he can perhaps make it happen.

He had a pretty good team in Miami in 2010 and had the worst season of his career. By week 3 people will be calling for change.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-22-2017, 07:15 PM)Protozoa Wrote:
(08-22-2017, 06:57 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: You can't go on stats alone.  Henne was on probably the worst teams that the Jaguars ever fielded when he was the starter.  With a better defense and potentially a good run game, he can perhaps make it happen.

He had a pretty good team in Miami in 2010 and had the worst season of his career. By week 3 people will be calling for change.

Exactly.

And by that time, you simply can't go back to Bortles since you already benched him. Bouncing back and forth between QBs is nothing but a disaster.

You'll be forced to throw Allen out there and chances are that wont end very well. You'll be expecting a very inexperienced player to jump into the flow of things with zero practice time and zero chemistry with the guys he'll be playing with. It simply will not be pretty. And that's saying a lot considering how ugly things currently are at the moment.

If you search "Chad Henne highlights" there's a game against the Jets in 2009. He looks night and day compared to what he looks like now actually. His footwork and awareness have gotten significantly better over the years.

I'm not a Henne fan, but 2009 Henne looks like a completely different guy.

Even watching "highlights" of him as an early Jag, he just looks better now. But hey it could be worse... We could have the Broncos QB situation
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-22-2017, 07:25 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-22-2017, 07:15 PM)Protozoa Wrote: He had a pretty good team in Miami in 2010 and had the worst season of his career. By week 3 people will be calling for change.

Exactly.

And by that time, you simply can't go back to Bortles since you already benched him. Bouncing back and forth between QBs is nothing but a disaster.

I disagree.  Playing Chad Henne the entire season is likely the biggest disaster.  Especially for the fan base. 

Some people want to believe Henne is better now, but that's a WAY bigger leap of faith than believing Bortles has gotten better.   How much Henne do people need to see?  The fanbase has been trying to get rid of him for years?

My position is they should play Chad Henne to avoid getting stuck with him.  In other words, he plays, gets benched (likely scenario) and Bortles comes in.   Then at least the Chad Henne narrative is done.   

Like Vic always said, "Help is not on the way".   I know what you mean about bouncing back and forth, but if you believe in neither quarterbacks, how much does it matter?  And I don't care at all about Bortles' salary or the whole "what if he gets hurt?" narrative.   They can't possibly cut Bortles, go into the season without a Chad Henne replacement, and sell the "win now" thing.

I don't want to come off as anti-Henne either, but I've noticed local media has changed their narrative on the matter after a single pre-season game.  All of a sudden, Henne is CLEARY the better quarterback this offseason... (Though they never said this before that game.)

I don't know if my soul can take another season of Chad [BLEEP] Henne at QB. Looks like 2017 is a wash.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

(08-22-2017, 11:24 PM)VisitingCobra Wrote:
(08-22-2017, 07:25 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Exactly.

I disagree.  Playing Chad Henne the entire season is likely the biggest disaster.  Especially for the fan base. 

Some people want to believe Henne is better now, but that's a WAY bigger leap of faith than believing Bortles has gotten better.   How much Henne do people need to see?  The fanbase has been trying to get rid of him for years?

My position is they should play Chad Henne to avoid getting stuck with him.  In other words, he plays, gets benched (likely scenario) and Bortles comes in.   Then at least the Chad Henne narrative is done.   

Like Vic always said, "Help is not on the way".   I know what you mean about bouncing back and forth, but if you believe in neither quarterbacks, how much does it matter?  And I don't care at all about Bortles' salary or the whole "what if he gets hurt?" narrative.   They can't possibly cut Bortles, go into the season without a Chad Henne replacement, and sell the "win now" thing.

I don't want to come off as anti-Henne either, but I've noticed local media has changed their narrative on the matter after a single pre-season game.  All of a sudden, Henne is CLEARY the better quarterback this offseason... (Though they never said this before that game.)

I don't want Henne as the starter period. Not because I dislike Henne or anything like that. He just isn't any good. 

Whether you like Bortles or not, it's not hard to see that even on his worst day, he's a better option than Henne will ever be. Even if he might be a bad option as well.

I know what you're saying about just letting them see Henne play though. It wouldn't take more then 3 weeks for everybody who wanted him, to remember why he hasn't been playing.

TLDR; Chad Henne deserves no sympathy and he is worse than you think.

Funny how we went from why is Chad still on the roster, to he should start. Role with Bortles and just deal with, there's no fairytale ending here.

(08-23-2017, 01:54 AM)DuvalJag Wrote: Funny how we went from why is Chad still on the roster, to he should start. Role with Bortles and just deal with, there's no fairytale ending here.

Agreed. On a sidenote i find it hilarious that Chad is now the Vegas odds on favorite to start week 1. lol. How low can it go lol? Manziel and Tebow chatter next?

(08-23-2017, 12:03 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-22-2017, 11:24 PM)VisitingCobra Wrote: I disagree.  Playing Chad Henne the entire season is likely the biggest disaster.  Especially for the fan base. 

I don't want Henne as the starter period. Not because I dislike Henne or anything like that. He just isn't any good. 

Whether you like Bortles or not, it's not hard to see that even on his worst day, he's a better option than Henne will ever be.

I don't care for Chad either son. But you are as wrong as wrong can be on the above. On his worst day, Blake Bortles will literally kill your squad with mistakes. He is the definition of enigmatic. You absolutely never know what he's going to bring. His mistakes are crippling, devastating, losing.

I want Blake to start and hold the reigns till he proves otherwise. But (my Columbia professor will cringe at but to start a sentence) he is a tumultuous study. They called David Garrard Jekyll and Hyde (didn't know what that meant till Yankee land), Bortles is simply the most untrustworthy urn you can find. So for that alone, I hereby say, if it's between him and Chad, considering how 'good' Chad has looked this off season, and knowing his RELATIVE stableness, I say go with the Hen. I 'prefer' the Bort's upside, but fear his jitters, if that makes any sense. But (ah, Prof) I digress. I am really, truly down with whatever. We are going to win, a lot (more than in recent past) either way, though more precariously with BB. Most disjoint post ever. Those who know will know.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Can't wait to see Henne lead his Jaguars while BB5INT watches from the bench where he belongs.
I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

(08-23-2017, 09:18 AM)David4499 Wrote: Can't wait to see Henne lead his Jaguars while BB5INT watches from the bench where he belongs.

I can't wait for you to say the same thing about Henne week 3.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(08-17-2017, 11:09 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Henne is the best QB on our team. Bortles stinks.

That is not saying much but it is true.  I wonder if BB got injured in practiced like what happened in Miami, what the Jags would of done or who they would of brought in?

(08-23-2017, 12:03 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-22-2017, 11:24 PM)VisitingCobra Wrote: I disagree.  Playing Chad Henne the entire season is likely the biggest disaster.  Especially for the fan base. 

Whether you like Bortles or not, it's not hard to see that even on his worst day, he's a better option than Henne will ever be. Even if he might be a bad option as well.

I know what you're saying about just letting them see Henne play though. It wouldn't take more then 3 weeks for everybody who wanted him, to remember why he hasn't been playing.
Is this real? You clearly haven't been watching the Jags for the past 3 years if you think Bortles on his worst day is better than Henne.

Bortles is a bad decision maker with bad accuracy..... I don't love or even like Henne but he's not going to throw 2 pick 6's in a game or throw into triple coverage or be so off target it hits the back of the foot of a WR which leads to an interception.

Chenne Had throws a pretty spiral.

I find it crazy that Henne has started only 8 more games than Blake. If people were expecting Blake to get better at this point, then it's not crazy to think Henne might have gotten better after 3 years of practice.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-23-2017, 01:27 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 12:03 AM)Eric1 Wrote: I don't want Henne as the starter period. Not because I dislike Henne or anything like that. He just isn't any good. 

Is this real? You clearly haven't been watching the Jags for the past 3 years if you think Bortles on his worst day is better than Henne.

Bortles is a bad decision maker with bad accuracy..... I don't love or even like Henne but he's not going to throw 2 pick 6's in a game or throw into triple coverage or be so off target it hits the back of the foot of a WR which leads to an interception.

It's obvious you've never watched Henne play QB..

Henne has a .5% better completion % than Bortles does.. All while Henne is nothing but a check down captain. But boy o boy he's so damn accurate huh? Man that .5% is HUGE... The guy literally never misses a pass..

Henne has thrown more INTs in a single season than Bortles has.. The most INTs Bortles has thrown in a single season is 18. Henne has thrown 19 INTs in a season before. Except Bortles had 35 TDs that year compared to only 15 TDs for Henne. Yet Bortles is such an awful decision maker and Henne literally never makes a mistake huh. Well I'd rather somebody who makes a mistake or two, over somebody who can't score points.

Henne wont take a risk and throw it into double coverage. He wont take a chance to try and let his receiver make a play, because all he does is check it down. He's not going to take chances and he's not going to score any points. He also isn't going to evade any sacks, so he's just going to make the OL look even worse than it already is.

For 5 years it has been nothing but bad mouthing Henne and wanting him gone. All you seen was "why is he still here, he's terrible". Now he's all of a sudden the best option and best QB on this team after 10 preseason throws? LOL! This fan base is always so knee jerk and flip floppy, it's honestly sad.

You guys see Henne throw 10 passes in the 1st and 2nd preseason game and you instantly forget about 53 starts of awful QB play by Henne. At this point I kind of hope he starts just so I can laugh at all of you when you're all crying by week 3 about why Henne is playing. It's going to be comedy watching all of you try and spin it.

(08-23-2017, 07:21 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 01:27 PM)Frailbones Wrote: Is this real? You clearly haven't been watching the Jags for the past 3 years if you think Bortles on his worst day is better than Henne.

It's obvious you've never watched Henne play QB..

Henne has a .5% better completion % than Bortles does.. All while Henne is nothing but a check down captain. But boy o boy he's so damn accurate huh? Man that .5% is HUGE... The guy literally never misses a pass..

Henne has thrown more INTs in a single season than Bortles has.. The most INTs Bortles has thrown in a single season is 18. Henne has thrown 19 INTs in a season before. Except Bortles had 35 TDs that year compared to only 15 TDs for Henne. Yet Bortles is such an awful decision maker and Henne literally never makes a mistake huh. Well I'd rather somebody who makes a mistake or two, over somebody who can't score points.

Henne wont take a risk and throw it into double coverage. He wont take a chance to try and let his receiver make a play, because all he does is check it down. He's not going to take chances and he's not going to score any points. He also isn't going to evade any sacks, so he's just going to make the OL look even worse than it already is.

For 5 years it has been nothing but bad mouthing Henne and wanting him gone. All you seen was "why is he still here, he's terrible". Now he's all of a sudden the best option and best QB on this team after 10 preseason throws? LOL! This fan base is always so knee jerk and flip floppy, it's honestly sad.

You guys see Henne throw 10 passes in the 1st and 2nd preseason game and you instantly forget about 53 starts of awful QB play by Henne. At this point I kind of hope he starts just so I can laugh at all of you when you're all crying by week 3 about why Henne is playing. It's going to be comedy watching all of you try and spin it.
And... like I said earlier.... Bortles on his worst day is not better than Henne. That was the point.

No one on here likes Henne. Bortles has lost confidence in himself and with his teammates.

(08-23-2017, 07:56 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 07:21 PM)Eric1 Wrote: It's obvious you've never watched Henne play QB..

And... like I said earlier.... Bortles on his worst day is not better than Henne. That was the point.

No one on here likes Henne. Bortles has lost confidence in himself and with his teammates.

He's definitely better than Henne, even on his worst day. On his worst day, at least he'll still provide a chance to score points and move the football.

This Defense is going to have to be an all time great to counteract Henne.

We're sort of in South Park land debating which is better- a Giant Douche or a Turd Sandwich, aren't we?
Bottom line is that neither option is likely to end well. Nobody believes Bortles is the 2015 version waiting to be unlocked and nobody is biting on Henne being reincarnated as a solid starter who will lead us to a 2017 Home Playoff Game.

Maybe the best thing that can come out of this whole mess is that it will be sorted once and for all that neither are worth keeping and we get to see if Brandon Allen is "the one not like the others".