Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chad should start

People are crazy to say Bortles is better than Henne. Chad does not have a horrendous throwing motion and he has a quick/tight release. Chad also doesn't have such embarrassing accuracy.

It looks like at this point Bortles has lost the locker room, the fans and the media is piling on. Even Tony B said he doesn't expect Blake to start in Houston! How can you at this point SO EARLY.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

ESPN update buddy boys. Banana Ninja Ninja Ninja  Love

Aaron Wilson‏ @AaronWilson_NFL 10m10 minutes ago
More
Bill O'Brien on Tom Savage 'Tom is our starter. He's had a good camp' Emphasized he's No. 1 and Deshaun Watson No. 2
1 reply 12 retweets 10 likes

(08-22-2017, 12:01 PM)Jstewie15 Wrote: Aaron Wilson‏ @AaronWilson_NFL  10m10 minutes ago
More
Bill O'Brien on Tom Savage 'Tom is our starter. He's had a good camp' Emphasized he's No. 1 and Deshaun Watson No. 2

You post once a month and this was the thread you chose. I am so happy.

All he said is 'It might be his to lose". So he's not reporting that he is the starter. Moving to 'Chad Should be starter" thread.

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2017, 12:30 PM by Jstewie15.)

(08-22-2017, 12:05 PM)jags_r_bake Wrote:
(08-22-2017, 12:01 PM)Jstewie15 Wrote: Aaron Wilson‏ @AaronWilson_NFL  10m10 minutes ago
More

You post once a month and this was the thread you chose. I am so happy.

Once a Month? I post just about daily . It's looking like Henne vs Savage week 1 starting quarterbacks

(08-22-2017, 12:29 PM)Jstewie15 Wrote:
(08-22-2017, 12:05 PM)jags_r_bake Wrote: You post once a month and this was the thread you chose. I am so happy.

Once a Month? I post just about daily . It's looking like Henne vs Savage week 1 starting quarterbacks

Threads: 1

(08-20-2017, 04:46 PM)jagherd Wrote:
(08-20-2017, 04:28 PM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: Is Henne our Rich Gannon? Doubtful...

LOL!!  Good one!

No, Henne is not gonna be our Rich Gannon, lol. 

However, we've seen Bortles bumble and stumble. If he continues struggling,, what? Do we keep watching the same struggling guy over and over and over and over? 

If Bortles blows,, pull him and play Henne 2 or 3 games. If Henne blows, put Allen in. Etc.,,,,,

I hope Bortles looks good and this team starts pushing out some wins. If it doesn't happen though,, I don't want to keep watching the same old bunk happen over and over.
I obviously made that post as a joke. Hence why I said "doubtful".

^^ Yup, I understood. Hence the "Good one!" in it.

I laughed (with you) when I read it.

(08-22-2017, 12:29 PM)Jstewie15 Wrote:
(08-22-2017, 12:05 PM)jags_r_bake Wrote: You post once a month and this was the thread you chose. I am so happy.

I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL moves this QB matchup to Prime Time.

(08-22-2017, 02:53 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-22-2017, 12:29 PM)Jstewie15 Wrote: Once a Month? I post just about daily . It's looking like Henne vs Savage week 1 starting quarterbacks

I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL moves this QB matchup to Prime Time.
Heck, we should kick off the season instead of the Pats for TBD.  Ratings gold with a lot of passing and rushing yards..  QBR of 100 or better for C7.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

My guess is it will be halftime of week 1 and Bortles will have been cut before the season starts. Henne is our starter and he is not doing very well. Then it will sink in to everyone here that the real people everyone should be upset with are the front office.

There is not enough annoyance being placed on Coughlin/Caldwell. They are mentioned occasionally, but to not bring anyone in is really just lack of foresight. There were quarterbacks out there that could have been helpful. Giving Bortles the $18mm was another big mistake. We all knew he wasn't going to make that big of a jump this year.

Seems like one front office blunder after another when it comes to the qb position.

Henne will throw an absolutely beautiful 40 yard int.
Bortles will throw an atrocious 2 yard pick 6.

Or sink or swim with your 3rd string QB.

These choices. Love being a Jaguars fan.

I think Chad should start. Bottles is done in Jax.

If the defense is as good as what it should be, (which I haven't seen yet, but still only preseason) can Henne be a good enough game manager to get them to 8-8 or 9-7?

I don't get the hate for Henne so much from the fans on this board. Was he horrible when he was the starter 2012 - 2014? Sure. But look at the roster then vs. now.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-20-2017, 05:37 PM)haveaseat Wrote: People are crazy to say Bortles is better than Henne. Chad does not have a horrendous throwing motion and he has a quick/tight release. Chad also doesn't have such embarrassing accuracy.

It looks like at this point Bortles has lost the locker room, the fans and the media is piling on. Even Tony B said he doesn't expect Blake to start in Houston! How can you at this point SO EARLY.

Yeah that 59% career completion percentage is leaps and bounds over Bortles 58.8 career completion percentage. Henne is Bortles without the potential for 20 plus TDs and the weird throwing motion. 

If Henne starts its solely because the team doesn't want Bortles to get hurt and have to pay him 19 mil. Your fooling yourself if you think can't get us past the 50 yard line Henne gives us a better chance to win then Bortles.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(08-22-2017, 05:31 PM)Jags Wrote: I think Chad should start.  Bottles is done in Jax.  

If the defense is as good as what it should be, (which I haven't seen yet, but still only preseason) can Henne be a good enough game manager to get them to 8-8 or 9-7?

The most TDs Henne has ever thrown in a single season is 15... 15 TD passes in 15 games.. The kicker is, he threw 19 INTs that season as well. He had Brandon Marshall in the middle of his prime at that time also. Marshall had one of the worst seasons he's ever had that year with Henne as his QB..

You really believe that this team could go 8-8 or 9-7 with Henne? lol.. This Defense will have to be one of the greatest Defenses in the history of the NFL for that to happen. Because this Offense isn't going to score much of any points with Henne as the QB.

(08-22-2017, 06:44 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-22-2017, 05:31 PM)Jags Wrote: I think Chad should start.  Bottles is done in Jax.  

The most TDs Henne has ever thrown in a single season is 15... 15 TD passes in 15 games.. The kicker is, he threw 19 INTs that season as well. He had Brandon Marshall in the middle of his prime at that time also. Marshall had one of the worst seasons he's ever had that year with Henne as his QB..

You really believe that this team could go 8-8 or 9-7 with Henne? lol.. This Defense will have to be one of the greatest Defenses in the history of the NFL for that to happen. Because this Offense isn't going to score much of any points with Henne as the QB.

You can't go on stats alone.  Henne was on probably the worst teams that the Jaguars ever fielded when he was the starter.  With a better defense and potentially a good run game, he can perhaps make it happen.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Might as well get behind Henne as am sure will be the starter week 1 unless he sucks then if that is case ALLEN up (I wish)

(08-22-2017, 06:57 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-22-2017, 06:44 PM)Eric1 Wrote: The most TDs Henne has ever thrown in a single season is 15... 15 TD passes in 15 games.. The kicker is, he threw 19 INTs that season as well. He had Brandon Marshall in the middle of his prime at that time also. Marshall had one of the worst seasons he's ever had that year with Henne as his QB..

You can't go on stats alone.  Henne was on probably the worst teams that the Jaguars ever fielded when he was the starter.  With a better defense and potentially a good run game, he can perhaps make it happen.

And I'm talking about when he was with Miami and had solid talent around him. He was still beyond terrible even though he had one of the best WRs in the league at the time. 

Those teams were also built around playing good Defense and running the football with Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams.

He was awful.