Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QB is an open competition per Marrone

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2017, 12:41 AM by Tuxedo.)

J.P. ShadrickVerified account @jpshadrick  2m2 minutes ago
Marrone on QB situation: "Looking for someone who's going to lead this offense... I've got to figure out best person to lead this offense."

Where were you when Blake officially lost the starting job?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Henne given Sunday

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Mike KayeVerified account @mike_e_kaye  1m1 minute ago
Doug Marrone says he is open to starting Brandon Allen. #Jaguars

Bring in Kap. Trade for Smith or Tyrod Taylor.

Mike KayeVerified account @mike_e_kaye  4m4 minutes ago
Marrone met with both QBs after game. Said he wants the best guy to lead the offense. #Jaguars

Doug saw Henne and BB5 watching Allen like toddlers in awe lol. At least the other 2 QBs see the future
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(08-17-2017, 11:25 PM)Tuxedo Wrote: Mike KayeVerified account @mike_e_kaye  1m1 minute ago

Yessssssss

It drives me nuts the way he answers questions: He does not need to give the media any information. He completely lost his composure in this interview. He needs to get in control of this team because it can't slip in the 2nd pre-season game.

Photo 

(08-17-2017, 11:25 PM)Tuxedo Wrote: Mike KayeVerified account @mike_e_kaye  1m1 minute ago

[Image: giphy.gif]

Doug Marrone has pretty much sealed the deal for Bortles in his post game presser.  He spoke to both QBs after the game, and when he came out to meet the press, he laid it out. It's an open competition.  That means Bortles is done.  After watching him tonight, I can't say that I disagreee.  The guy continues to regress.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

ive never seen a HC come out and admit that both qbs are being evaluated after the 2nd preseason game. This after Bortles was the bomafide starter of the team. No matter what any of us say about the qb situation. Marrone emphatically just stated the job is absolutely open. What does every one think?
Go Jags!

Bad hire. Should have went outside the inept coaching staff.

The team isn't ruling out grabbing another QB. Look for Tom to be burning up the phones tomorrow looking at his options.

With the failure of the Bortles selection, I would expect Dave Caldwell to be dismissed at some point so that Coughlin can assume that role as well.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Told ya. To be honest, the answer is not on this roster. Going to be a long season.

So all the qbs get sprinkles now?

Real talk, can't wait to see them split first team reps between 3 qbs while.trying to gain timing and cohesion as an offensive unit. What could go wrong? If they are going to do this they might as well trade for Alex smith or jimmy G since they are all going to be at essentially the same page

Yeldon for Kessler.

Right now would bortles trade return be more than pick we got for gabbert?

I think its a bit soon for caldwel to be fired. It sucks that bis first rounds havent planned out, but hes done well in almost every other round. I would rather him draft people.who play like a 1st rounder in later rounds and miss on his first than have someone like gene smith again. My only knock on dave is that the joekel pick seemed to scar him for life on an offensive like an high in the draft.

(08-17-2017, 11:38 PM)rolljagsroll Wrote: Right now would bortles trade return be more than pick we got for gabbert?

I really doubt it.