Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QB is an open competition per Marrone

(08-17-2017, 11:56 PM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: I'm just gonna say it. Romo needs to pull a Cutler and come play for us.

I literally cannot think of a worse QB option than Bortles.. oh wait you did, thanks!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Blake's drives ended with passes on 3rd and 9, 3rd and 11, 3rd and 3, and 3rd and 17. It's going to be very difficult for any quarterback in this league to move an offense that hasn't upgraded the line that has earned the title of the league's worst rushing offense during the last 2 seasons.

(08-17-2017, 11:55 PM)Jags239 Wrote: Bortles had by far the least amount of time to throw tonight as the O-line was abysmal early on. That being said, next game I think the same thing happens where Bortles starts Henne gets some first time reps again as well. Marrone had to of seen the O-line was the number 1 problem from the first string tonight. If Henne out shines Bortles the next 2 preseasons then start him, but tonight was a terrible evaluation based on the line and run game.

Anybody who doesn't just flat out hate Bortles could easily see that the OL was a huge issue tonight. Bortles missed some ugly throws tonight no doubt. That short arm throw to Robinson was terrible. 

It still doesn't change the fact that the OL and Running game looks to still be a huge issue. They couldn't pass protect and the RBs were constantly being hit behind the LoS. It looked exactly like last year. Didn't Ivory have -2 yards at halftime, or something ridiculous like that?

(08-18-2017, 12:01 AM)TheAll22 Wrote:
(08-17-2017, 11:56 PM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: I'm just gonna say it. Romo needs to pull a Cutler and come play for us.

I literally cannot think of a worse QB option than Bortles.. oh wait you did, thanks!

You can't seriously think Romo is worse than Blake.

Can't we agree that Bortles was the worst looking qb tonight? It is what it is.

No other team is going to trade for him mostly because of his option has been picked up. Also they won't trade for him if it's clear we're going to cut him. Personally I don't think Blake was any worse than anybody else out there tonight. A-Rob dropped a touchdown pass so do we cut him? Mercedes dropped a pass from Blake that would have led to a first down, do we cut him? The O-Line and special teams were terrible, do we cut all of them? I'm just saying tonight's pitiful performance truly was a team effort.

(08-18-2017, 12:02 AM)JAXsonVIL Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 12:01 AM)TheAll22 Wrote: I literally cannot think of a worse QB option than Bortles.. oh wait you did, thanks!

You can't seriously think Romo is worse than Blake.

Romo is done. He also wouldn't survive 30 seconds behind this line. Shattered!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(08-18-2017, 12:04 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 12:02 AM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: You can't seriously think Romo is worse than Blake.

Romo is done. He also wouldn't survive 30 seconds behind this line. Shattered!

Exactly.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(08-17-2017, 11:25 PM)Tuxedo Wrote: Mike KayeVerified account @mike_e_kaye  1m1 minute ago
Doug Marrone says he is open to starting Brandon Allen. #Jaguars

It's about time!

(08-18-2017, 12:04 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 12:02 AM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: You can't seriously think Romo is worse than Blake.

Romo is done. He also wouldn't survive 30 seconds behind this line  
We will never know.

(08-18-2017, 12:01 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: Blake's drives ended with passes on 3rd and 9, 3rd and 11, 3rd and 3, and 3rd and 17.  It's going to be very difficult for any quarterback in this league to move an offense that hasn't upgraded the line that has earned the title of the league's worst rushing offense during the last 2 seasons.

It's going to be comedy watching everybody just skip over this post because of all the facts in it. 

They don't want the facts, because it's only Bortles' fault and that's just the way it is.

(08-17-2017, 11:25 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Bring in Kap. Trade for Smith or Tyrod Taylor.

Good God, please stop!

Also personally I think that Blake is still the starter, and this is Doug just trying to coach him hard, but we'll see.

Is Marrone smart enough to actually rope-a-dope Houston and all of this is being done on purpose?

Someone lie to me at least.

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2017, 12:10 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(08-17-2017, 11:36 PM)archer56 Wrote: So all the qbs get sprinkles now?

Real talk, can't wait to see them split first team reps between 3 qbs while.trying to gain timing and cohesion as an offensive unit. What could go wrong? If they are going to do this they might as well trade for Alex smith or jimmy G since they are all going to be at essentially the same page

If we trade a high draft pick for a QB, I'll be done with this team. There's nobody worth that kind of deal, especially when the QB's in the next draft class appear to be the best batch in years.

(08-17-2017, 11:37 PM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: Yeldon for Kessler.

I doubt Cleveland would go for that, but I'd be o.k. with it.

(08-18-2017, 12:09 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-17-2017, 11:36 PM)archer56 Wrote: So all the qbs get sprinkles now?

Real talk, can't wait to see them split first team reps between 3 qbs while.trying to gain timing and cohesion as an offensive unit. What could go wrong? If they are going to do this they might as well trade for Alex smith or jimmy G since they are all going to be at essentially the same page

If we trade a high draft pick for a QB, I'll be done with this team. There's nobody worth that kind of deal, especially when the QB's in the next draft class appear to be the best batch in years.

(08-17-2017, 11:37 PM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: Yeldon for Kessler.

I don't see an issue trading a high pick for a proven commodity. Caldwell's high picks are hit or miss anyway.

Bortles should be demoted to 3rd strings.  He cannot even make the basic nfl throws!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

On the real, it doesn't take a football mind to see Bortles lacks confidence. Just his overall demeanor is terrible. I say we sit him, and keep him healthy, RG3 style, then take out the trash.

(08-18-2017, 12:12 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 12:09 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If we trade a high draft pick for a QB, I'll be done with this team. There's nobody worth that kind of deal, especially when the QB's in the next draft class appear to be the best batch in years.

I don't see an issue trading a high pick for a proven commodity. Caldwell's high picks are hit or miss anyway.

What proven commodity? Alex Smith? He's a game manager who has been surrounded by offensive and defensive talent and hasn't been able to take the Chiefs to the Superbowl. He'd have a lot less talent here, so what would that accomplish? Jimmy G? He hasn't been on the field enough in meaningful games to even get an evaluation. Not to mention that the Pats want a king's ransom for him.

Lets bring back Gabbert.