Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QB is an open competition per Marrone

(08-18-2017, 11:45 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: This whole thing is a joke.

Did Henne outplay Bortles yesterday?  I guess.  It was a small sample size and Henne's "success" was 2 dropped passes when they were setup 3 yards outside the redzone by a return.  Bortles threw one underthrown ball and we have all of this now.  It even looked more intentionally underthrown.  It appeared to me at least that he didn't think Robinson was going to break free like that and he was throwing the ball for Robinson to high point it.

When Bortles first got here, I remember Gus talking about not coaching the aggressiveness out of him and neutering him.  He threw too many interceptions and now he's been neutered and ostracized as a result.  

All Bortles has done is everything asked of him, just not at the rate some people want.

Throw less interceptions?  His interception rate has gone down every year that he has been in the league.  He threw just one interception in the last 4 games of last season.

Be more efficient and a game manager?  This preseason he is up over 61% completion percentage and has zero turnovers.

Here is what nobody is paying attention to.  We were 2-4 last year in games where Blake didn't throw an interception.  That's bad - really bad.  The offense is bad with or without Blake.  It's not just eliminating turnovers, its establishing a running game, its not dropping balls, and its giving up on routes, its certainly not tipping balls to the defense.
Bortles can't be thinking his receiver won't get open so throw it short, and I don't think it was intentional. His job on a called deep route is to deliver a catchable ball. He didn't. He fluttered a duck out there.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-18-2017, 11:53 AM)FBT Wrote:

Did Henne outplay Bortles yesterday?  I guess.  It was a small sample size and Henne's "success" was 2 dropped passes when they were setup 3 yards outside the redzone by a return.  Bortles threw one underthrown ball and we have all of this now.  It even looked more intentionally underthrown.  It appeared to me at least that he didn't think Robinson was going to break free like that and he was throwing the ball for Robinson to high point it.

When Bortles first got here, I remember Gus talking about not coaching the aggressiveness out of him and neutering him.  He threw too many interceptions and now he's been neutered and ostracized as a result.  

All Bortles has done is everything asked of him, just not at the rate some people want.

Throw less interceptions?  His interception rate has gone down every year that he has been in the league.  He threw just one interception in the last 4 games of last season.

Be more efficient and a game manager?  This preseason he is up over 61% completion percentage and has zero turnovers.

Here is what nobody is paying attention to.  We were 2-4 last year in games where Blake didn't throw an interception.  That's bad - really bad.  The offense is bad with or without Blake.  It's not just eliminating turnovers, its establishing a running game, its not dropping balls, and its giving up on routes, its certainly not tipping balls to the defense.
Bortles can't be thinking his receiver won't get open so throw it short, and I don't think it was intentional. His job on a called deep route is to deliver a catchable ball. He didn't. He fluttered a duck out there.

Maybe not, but it appeared that way to me. I think having ARob as a receiver is very difficult because you are constantly having to adjust to either cutting off the route for backshoulder and jump balls or for the route to continue. Regardless and either way, it was just one bad pass. They happen multiple times every game by every quarterback in the league.

It could have been Robinson having to adjust to Bortles poor passes this whole time. Even the year he had 14/1400 he had to make the play on poorly thrown passes from Blake and made him look better than he really is. The issue is now Blake can't even get the ball close to the guy to even make a play so Robinson is constantly having to guess if the pass if gonna be an over throw or a short arm like we saw last night. Blake is not accurate and that is extremely evident now.

Somewhere in Minnesota, Todd Bouman steps down from his tractor and says, "No thanks guys.. I've seen how this ends."
Only a chump boos the home team!

(08-18-2017, 11:53 AM)TFBT Wrote:

Bortles isn't good at throwing a football

(08-18-2017, 12:10 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 11:53 AM)TFBT Wrote: Bortles can't be thinking his receiver won't get open so throw it short, and I don't think it was intentional. His job on a called deep route is to deliver a catchable ball. He didn't. He fluttered a duck out there.
Bortles isn't good at throwing a football

No, he's not. Neither was Peyton Manning.

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2017, 12:19 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Please stop with the Manning comparisons lol. It is over. Bortles will not be the starter much longer. He will not miraculously turn it on and be a top 3 qb. The reality is we missed on yet another top 12 qb and top 5 pick again. We are the new age Detroit lions.

(08-18-2017, 12:16 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 12:10 PM)Frailbones Wrote: Bortles isn't good at throwing a football

No, he's not.  Neither was Peyton Manning.

Maybe not in the top tier of NFL pure passers, but Peyton Manning completes both of those last night.  Did you ever see him whiff like that, wobbly passes or not?

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2017, 12:44 PM by FreeAgent01.)

I'm sure Bortles is done for in Jacksonville, but I'll put any kind of wager down that he'll go on to success in this league if the next team he is on is any good. And I will put any kind of wager down that any quarterback that plays in Jacksonville within the next two seasons will have terrible seasons.

I'll also put any kind of wager down that Fournette will have an uninspiring season.

This offensive line is too piss poor to move any offense even against backups. We have two players that even deserve to be in the league and two more that deserve to be buried deep on a depth chart - the rest should be working other jobs.

(08-18-2017, 12:41 PM)keeper88 Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 12:16 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: No, he's not.  Neither was Peyton Manning.

Maybe not in the top tier of NFL pure passers, but Peyton Manning completes both of those last night.  Did you ever see him whiff like that, wobbly passes or not?

Here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsCw0CRmSC0

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2017, 01:15 PM by keeper88.)

(08-18-2017, 12:42 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: I'm sure Bortles is done for in Jacksonville, but I'll put any kind of wager down that he'll go on to success in this league if the next team he is on is any good.  And I will put any kind of wager down that any quarterback that plays in Jacksonville within the next two seasons will have terrible seasons.

I'll also put any kind of wager down that Fournette will have an uninspiring season.

This offensive line is too piss poor to move any offense even against backups.  We have two players that even deserve to be in the league and two more that deserve to be buried deep on a depth chart - the rest should be working other jobs.

Wow, that's quite bold on the BB going on to NFL success anywhere...  The dude CAN'T throw a football at an acceptable NFL level, and never could, and worse yet he knows it.  I feel bad for the guy, I really do.  Thanks DC....  As for the rest on what remains with the Jags, hard to argue with you, we still suck and have key pieces from the debacle of the past 5 years in place, BB aside...

Allen hurns+ 2nd rounder for Jimmy G?
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(08-18-2017, 12:57 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Allen hurns+ 2nd rounder for Jimmy G?

Why in the world would they take that?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

If Henne is starting, I probably wont even bother watching the team this season.

(08-18-2017, 12:57 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Allen hurns+ 2nd rounder for Jimmy G?

The pats have 3 receivers better than hurns lmao

(08-18-2017, 12:00 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 11:53 AM)FBT Wrote: Bortles can't be thinking his receiver won't get open so throw it short, and I don't think it was intentional. His job on a called deep route is to deliver a catchable ball. He didn't. He fluttered a duck out there.

Maybe not, but it appeared that way to me.  I think having ARob as a receiver is very difficult because you are constantly having to adjust to either cutting off the route for backshoulder and jump balls or for the route to continue.  Regardless and either way, it was just one bad pass.  They happen multiple times every game by every quarterback in the league.

That's not an ARob problem.  That's a synchronization problem between the QB and the receiver.  It should be instinctive for both.  

That was a bad pass on a play where your receiver had a step on the coverage and a clear path to the end zone if Blake hits his spot.  He didn't.  They practice that play over and over again.  It should be almost automatic.  Throw to a spot and let your receiver go get it.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2017, 01:45 PM by FreeAgent01.)

(08-18-2017, 01:35 PM)FBT Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 12:00 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: Maybe not, but it appeared that way to me.  I think having ARob as a receiver is very difficult because you are constantly having to adjust to either cutting off the route for backshoulder and jump balls or for the route to continue.  Regardless and either way, it was just one bad pass.  They happen multiple times every game by every quarterback in the league.

That's not an ARob problem.  That's a synchronization problem between the QB and the receiver.  It should be instinctive for both.  

That was a bad pass on a play where your receiver had a step on the coverage and a clear path to the end zone if Blake hits his spot.  He didn't.  They practice that play over and over again.  It should be almost automatic.  Throw to a spot and let your receiver go get it.

Yes, it was a bad pass. I'm just giving some context. It appeared that way to me because of the trajectory that Blake threw the ball. High arc on a 20 yard pass.

That is absolutely an ARob problem. It is both of their problems. The high percentage of backshoulder/jump ball throws that ARob gets makes it incredibly difficult to get on a rhythm. It's not like, "Oh, the corner is doing this presnap, let's hot to this." These are mostly, or at least appear to be, option routes. And when you are throwing more than half your passes as option passes you are going to have rhythm issues.

Gotta love the Jags.

Pass on taking a QB in the draft or otherwise only to bail on Bortles two preseason games in.

"We're that close to giving up on Bortles, but we don't take any fliers." #causejags

I know it's only the preseason, but my God, can we ever get to a point where we don't have many issues to worry about. I feel like we're stuck in the gutter and shack and Gene are standing on top laughing.... And Dave is down the street walking over.,..
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2017, 03:57 PM by J-Mizzal.)

(08-18-2017, 12:42 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: I'm sure Bortles is done for in Jacksonville, but I'll put any kind of wager down that he'll go on to success in this league if the next team he is on is any good.  And I will put any kind of wager down that any quarterback that plays in Jacksonville within the next two seasons will have terrible seasons.

This offensive line is too piss poor to move any offense even against backups.  We have two players that even deserve to be in the league and two more that deserve to be buried deep on a depth chart - the rest should be working other jobs.

Plz name me a QB that has left Jacksonville and become a successful QB and way better then he was in Jacksonville?

Garrard - Nope never played again
Leftwitch - nope career backup
Gabbert - nope still sucked
Rob Johnson - nope got benched

So where does your theory have any legs?

If we draft or sign a good QB he's gonna be good, your acting like its some Jacksonville curse.

I never wanted Gabbert, didnt like the Bortles pick when it happened, I gave them chances but they suck, would have never picked either of them
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2017, 04:02 PM by jaguarmvp.)

Henne may not be good but seems to be better than Bortles. Atleast he is able to get the ball to his receivers. Those two throws for TD's that the receivers dropped from Henne would never be made by Bortles.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]