Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QB is an open competition per Marrone

(08-18-2017, 08:35 AM)mvannostran Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 08:19 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: Maybe it's just me but the way Marrone was talking I didn't get the feeling Allen is really considered in the "competition".

It's either Bortles or Henne and at this point I can't see them putting Bortles back on the field again.

Marrone appeared to be furious last night in the 5 minutes clip on jaguars.com, he spoke calmly but you could feel how angry he was about the performance of the entire team.
Bortles won't be the only guy losing his place/roster spot.

Yeah I agree. It's always "the two QBs"

I think they should give Allen some reps with the ones during practice this week, but doesn't sound like Marrone is too high on him winning that job

Yes, that "the 2 QB's" was telling. Also the face he made when he was asked if Allen was in the competion was quite telling too. He then went on to say "well yes he's there too" but seems more diplomacy than him believing in that option.

I agree, Allen deserve some reps with the starters. It was reported pretty much everyday that he had a very good day during practices (ok, against weaker competition), maybe he won't be the saviour but what do we have to lose at this point? Give the kid some reps and see how he does, we know Bortles and Henne well enough.

Messages In This Thread
QB is an open competition per Marrone - by Tuxedo - 08-17-2017, 11:23 PM
RE: QB is an open competition per Marrone - by irontrooper83 - 08-18-2017, 08:40 AM
Doug Marrones presser - by Ksimms - 08-17-2017, 11:32 PM
RE: Doug Marrones presser - by americus 2.0 - 08-18-2017, 01:12 AM