Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Allen Should be the starter

Pretty simple to me.

Bortles and Henne have already proven they aren't quality NFL QBs. Brandon Allen likely isn't either given the opportunity, but lets at least let him prove it with an opportunity. The team is going to suck regardless.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't get how the idea of Allen getting some reps with the 1s is some sort of "we know better than the coaches mentality"
If the coaches haven't put him with the 1s how do they know...

They assume because he's doing well against "scrubs" he won't do well against 1s?

SMH... silly...

I understand the idea that maybe Henne can manage this team to a winning season if all else goes well.
I just don't believe it...
And if we're just throwin stuff on the wall to see if something sticks (lighting a fire under Bortles with late "competition", starting Henne to game manage....) why not Allen?

No one is anointing him anything... just sayin lets give him a look, even a couple series...
that's not gonna hurt Henne or Bortles chemistry will it?

I wholeheartedly agree.

As soon as Henne falters, what else is there to accomplish but sort out what we have in Allen?
And I'm not buying the whole "Coaches and Staff see what we don't" nonsense after living through the whole Leftwich/Garrard mess. Anyone who ever attended a practice in that era could see Garrard was several notches better while the team tried to sell us otherwise.
While I'm rooting for Henne to pull it off, I can't help but think the theme of this season will end up as "Put Allen In" before it's all over.

it has nothing to do with him playing againest another teams 3rd string. the problom is nither Bortles nor heene could get a td againesgt bucs 3rd string when our first string was in. its a pre-season game,why not see what allen has.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Honestly tonight is kind of a win-win (if you can think of it that way) in regards to the QB position and Brandon Allen. If Henne plays well then that's great. If Henne sucks then it's one step closer to Allen getting a real chance

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What does it take?