Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sam Darnold - How long till he's the Jags QB?

(08-24-2017, 02:43 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 09:06 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: My honest opinion is that Lamar Jackson is easily the best quarterback.  The issue with Jackson is that his footwork is terrible leading to a lot of inaccurate passes.  When he drops back into timing throws, he is extremely good in the short to intermediate passes.  His issue comes when he's moved off his spot in the pocket, he has issues resetting his feet and delivering an accurate pass.  That will be a tough issue to overcome, because part of his strength is his quick and elusive feet in the pocket to threaten as a runner.  Can he adjust and learn to reset his feet without taking away a major part of his game?  That's the $30 million dollar question.

I think Josh Rosen will rise to the top of the heap for next year's draft.  I don't think he will be a very good quarterback - he has extremely slow footwork and doesn't feel pressure well.  However, he will likely be the best looking quarterback in shorts.  He throws a pretty ball and very accurate when he's allowed to be a statue and knows where he is throwing it.

What about the issue that Jackson is largely a running QB with a rail thin frame? That doesn't concern you? I find that to be a major worry. Small framed, running QB's don't last long in the NFL. They're always injured.

Sure, its concerning. Can't really evaluate someone that they might one day get injured though.

He is very much like Vick in a lot of ways. They both have arms with rocket launchers and with just the flick of a wrist. I actually think Jackson is more slippery than Vick in a small area as well.

I think his low complerion percentage is the result of a couple of things. One, like someone mentioned, he ran a lot instead of dumping balls off. He really is a run first type of guy if a play breaks down. And two, although he throws a great short to intermediate pass, he doesn't throw the best deep ball. And he threw a lot of them.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I looked at some highlights on youtube, I don't see the windup on Darnold as bad as Bortles, his throwing motion looks more like Philip Rivers,but he went through progressions,which is good for pros, arm strength looked ok. Josh Rosen looked like a longer windup, didnt see anything that wowed me. Josh Allen great arm strength, but all the throws seemed to be first read,concerns me a bit with him. But what I am sick of seeing is all these QBs working exclusively out of shotgun, and then they get thrown to the fire in the pros having to adjust to under center. If we draft a QB next year, and I'm sure we will, and he ran this type of offense, LET HIM SIT, learn for a year & adjust.

Darnold isn't looking so good tonight. That's why it's too early to project these guys. Wasn't sold on him at all.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Opposing DB coaches have figured out watching tape this offseason, darnold slight pause, dip in his throwing motion.

I think Darnold just needs to clean up his play a bit. He looked a bit sloppy out there. Still had nice timing and placement on the ball. Despite his 2 picks, he completed around 70% of his passes. Still looks better than the rest of the group.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-03-2017, 06:58 PM)tealfootball Wrote: I think Darnold just needs to clean up his play a bit.  He looked a bit sloppy out there.  Still had nice timing and placement on the ball.  Despite his 2 picks, he completed around 70% of his passes.  Still looks better than the rest of the group.

I do not agree that he looked better than the rest of the group.

Darnold is 4th or 5th best QB right now... he's young. Needs to stay in school.
I think Rosen should stay as well. Yeah nice comeback and all, but couple TDs were fluky, shoulda woulda coulda been INTs....

But.... these guys have like 11+ more games to show some more stuff... so we'll see.

Rudolph, Mayfield, and Falk are my top 3 guys (in no order).... personally.

(09-03-2017, 06:58 PM)tealfootball Wrote: I think Darnold just needs to clean up his play a bit.  He looked a bit sloppy out there.  Still had nice timing and placement on the ball.  Despite his 2 picks, he completed around 70% of his passes.  Still looks better than the rest of the group.

Thats the positive thing I like about Darnold is his accuracy, he was having a bad game with the 2 early picks and still was accurate with the ball and didnt panic, I think he will be fine, he has Stanford this week a team with a good defense.
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>