Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Should Still Be Starter

This. Keeping Bortles the starter is in direct contradiction to the "win now" motto. And I think they really do want to win now. Cauldwell's team that he has built has not gotten better with time, and he was given severaal years grace to develop a winning team. No more talk, just win, and win now. A few weeks ago, I was a Henne hater. If plays like he has the past few weeks, I think we can win games with that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-19-2017, 03:56 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: This. Keeping Bortles the starter is in direct contradiction to the "win now" motto. And I think they really do want to win now. Cauldwell's team that he has built has not gotten better with time, and he was given severaal years grace to develop a winning team. No more talk, just win, and win now. A few weeks ago, I was a Henne hater. If plays like he has the past few weeks, I think we can win games with that.

I agree with all of this. Henne will never be great, but he is a big upgrade from the Bortles we saw last season and this pre-season. Anyone who watched the game on Thursday has to have seen this. Henne should have been 9 for 10 with 2 touchdowns. Just as importantly, he has the ability to go to his 2nd and third options if necessary. His teammates have much more confidence in him. If the defense and Fournette stay healthy, this team is capable of winning 8 games. If they keep Bortles, I believe the cap is 6 and the fans will rebel. The $19 million they can save by cutting him can then be used to extend the contract of Telvin Smith or Robinson.

(08-19-2017, 04:37 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(08-19-2017, 03:56 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: This. Keeping Bortles the starter is in direct contradiction to the "win now" motto. And I think they really do want to win now. Cauldwell's team that he has built has not gotten better with time, and he was given severaal years grace to develop a winning team. No more talk, just win, and win now. A few weeks ago, I was a Henne hater. If plays like he has the past few weeks, I think we can win games with that.

I agree with all of this. Henne will never be great, but he is a big upgrade from the Bortles we saw last season and this pre-season. Anyone who watched the game on Thursday has to have seen this. Henne should have been 9 for 10 with 2 touchdowns. Just as importantly, he has the ability to go to his 2nd and third options if necessary. His teammates have much more confidence in him. If the defense and Fournette stay healthy, this team is capable of winning 8 games. If they keep Bortles, I believe the cap is 6 and the fans will rebel. The $19 million they can save by cutting him can then be used to extend the contract of Telvin Smith or Robinson.

You put way too much stock into a couple meaningless pre season throws for Henne. Which came against 3rd stringers vs the Patriots and great field position via a punt return vs the Bucs.

What good does possibly winning 8 games do with Henne? That's not going to happen with Henne as the QB anyways, but if it magically did, what good would that do? No playoffs and we're picking too low in the draft to nab a good QB. Are you then trying to hold out hope and throw a record breaking contract at Cousins in FA?

Not proposing to start Henne, but I'll tell you what winning 8 games does. It energizes the fan base and sells tickets. It's been a LOOOOONG time since we've been .500 and I, for one, would love to get excited about Sundays again.

I don't know what the coaches are seeing in practice but I have to believe they are going to play whomever is doing the best job regardless of contract.

In the end, the game is entertainment. I'll be forever grateful to be entertained again.

Regards.................the Chiefjag

If Blake should be anything, he should be unemployed.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I mean, season hasn't started. We could still go 500 with bortles. I hope chad still doesn't beat him out and we go 9-7. I would die laughing
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

(08-19-2017, 06:58 PM)archer56 Wrote: I mean, season hasn't started. We could still go 500 with bortles.  I hope chad still doesn't beat him out and we go 9-7. I would die laughing

What has he shown that it's possible?

Brandon Allen will give our family base a boost bc of the unknown. Henne will give us a boost bc he can throw the ball and manage the game.

Blake is just done.

Maybe Blake is like one of those Greyhound dogs.. He just needs to take a big dump on the sideline before the game.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2017, 09:21 PM by wg171.)

I don't see any way the team pays Blake nearly 20 million next season.

My current guess about Kirk is that he gets paid by Washington or goes to San Fran.

The two guys from the west coast should be off the board so Mason Rudolph is looking pretty good right now.

(08-19-2017, 07:34 PM)uthill Wrote:
(08-19-2017, 06:58 PM)archer56 Wrote: I mean, season hasn't started. We could still go 500 with bortles.  I hope chad still doesn't beat him out and we go 9-7. I would die laughing

What has he shown that it's possible?
What did the Carolina panthers show the world that they could go 15-1? 

they sucked for three years up to that season.
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

(08-19-2017, 06:27 PM)the Chiefjag Wrote: Not proposing to start Henne, but I'll tell you what winning 8 games does. It energizes the fan base and sells tickets. It's been a LOOOOONG time since we've been .500 and I, for one, would love to get excited about Sundays again.

I don't know what the coaches are seeing in practice but I have to believe they are going to play whomever is doing the best job regardless of contract.

In the end, the game is entertainment. I'll be forever grateful to be entertained again.

Regards.................the Chiefjag

It will also mean that we'd likely have to trade up, costing us valuable future draft picks in order to get our QB of the future. The Chiefs gave up (2) first round picks and a 3rd to move up with the Bills to get their QB of the future and the Bears gave up (3) third round picks and a fourth just to move up one selection spot to get Trubisky. If teams know you are targeting a QB, the price tag to trade up is huge. Personally, I'd rather suffer through another bad season, where hopefully Caldwell and the coaching staff are finally replaced and hopefully we can finally draft a true franchise QB without giving up a ton of future picks.

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2017, 09:42 PM by J-Mizzal.)

(08-19-2017, 04:37 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:

Big upgrade lol? Henne best season as a starter is worst then Bortles season last year, what are you talking about, Henne sucks he was benched for Bortles cuz he sucks he was ran out of Miami cuz he sucks, they both suck
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(08-19-2017, 09:39 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote:
(08-19-2017, 04:37 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I agree with all of this. Henne will never be great, but he is a big upgrade from the Bortles we saw last season and this pre-season. Anyone who watched the game on Thursday has to have seen this. Henne should have been 9 for 10 with 2 touchdowns. Just as importantly, he has the ability to go to his 2nd and third options if necessary. His teammates have much more confidence in him. If the defense and Fournette stay healthy, this team is capable of winning 8 games. If they keep Bortles, I believe the cap is 6 and the fans will rebel. The $19 million they can save by cutting him can then be used to extend the contract of Telvin Smith or Robinson.

Big upgrade lol? Henne best season as a starter is worst then Bortles season last year, what are you talking about, Henne sucks he was benched for Bortles cuz he sucks he was ran out of Miami cuz he sucks, they both suck

"Worst" how?  Going by QBR or completion percentage Henne has certainly had better years than Bortles' worst year.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2017, 11:06 PM by Jest101.)

Blake will not lead an NFL team deep in the playoffs...time to move on. Henne is not the answer either. The Jags are playing for 2018 (which is pathetic since 2017 hasn't even begun). I'd let Allen play this season for experience then draft a QB in 2018. Bortles needs to be cut before we get stuck with a $19M bill for his 2018 season.

Bortles is not taking this team 8-8.

(08-19-2017, 10:56 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(08-19-2017, 09:39 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: Big upgrade lol? Henne best season as a starter is worst then Bortles season last year, what are you talking about, Henne sucks he was benched for Bortles cuz he sucks he was ran out of Miami cuz he sucks, they both suck

"Worst" how?  Going by QBR or completion percentage Henne has certainly had better years than Bortles' worst year.

QBR is a made up stat that nobody knows the formula of how espn gets it. It's an awful stat at best.

Completion % can be skewed by being a captain check down.

Henne has never thrown for more then 15 TDs in a season.. He has never thrown for more TDs than INTs in a season... Just think about those two stats for a minute...

People rip Bortles for throwing INTs, but Henne throws even more INTs then he throws TD passes. That's flat out pathetic.

I cannot understand how anyone who has seen Bortles this pre-season and last season can say he should start anymore for this
(or any) team. The guy has more career pick 6's than wins. He looks totally lost on the field. The team's energy level immediately picked up when Henne came on the field. Again, this says more about Bortles than Henne. Brandon Allen's body of work is too limited to determine what his future will be. His stats on Thursday came against 3rd stringers.

The comments about basically tanking it this year to get a higher draft pick are absurd. It's hard for me to believe any of these people are season ticket holders or loyal fans. Despite failing to find a good quarterback since Brunell, the current roster has the most talent, especially on defense, in a long time. It is too late to find another starting q.b. for this year. The only possible exception would be Alex Smith, but not for a 1st rounder. He has proven to be a winner when having a solid team around him and maybe the Chiefs would settle for a 2nd rounder and either Hurns or Lee. If this doesn't happen, Henne is the best option right now. Winning 8 games is not at all unreasonable when you look at the weak schedule they play. They can still draft a q.b. next year if they pick in the middle of the 1st round. Aaron Rodgers and Derek Carr prove that you can find a very good q.b. when not picking in the top 10. Bortles and Gabbert prove picking in the top 5 does not guarantee you getting a good quarterback.

Blake is going to start, I dont feed into the hype of him being cut, or benched, although it would not shock me given the history of our moves at QB. I want to see Allen for the same reason most do, put him in with the 1s and see what hes got.

We haven't finished pre season yet and why do posters
keep starting BB5 threads

You cant win a Super Bowl with Chad Henne, throw Blake out there and hope he can get it together.