Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade Allen Robinson

Epic comeback, but he might complain because the party isn't all about him
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

For the entertainment, I will pay The Amazing Blakedini to do a magic show. Of course he will be pulling ducks out of his hat to the befuddlement of the crowd.

What if Robinson doesn't want to stay with the Jags after this season??

I don't see that happening anytime soon. He's been productive since he was a rookie. And he's going to be 24 entering the regular season. What a lot of people have to understand is that he's produced with essentially one of the worst QB's in the NFL when it comes to virtually everything. Especially accuracy. He's the closest thing we've had to a legitimate franchise receiver since Jimmy Smith.

You don't just trade that away like that. You build around that until you find the right man to lead the team. I don't see him as a diva. He's a good kid off the field. He's not doing anything antics wise like a true diva would do on the field. Have you seen him pull a sharpie out of his sock? Have you seen him pretend to moon an entire section of an end zone after scoring? No. Have you see him push and shove his Quarterback in the huddle? No.

He just vents quickly and openly when he's frustrated because he wants to WIN. I love that about him. I am glad he [BLEEP] and moans when something doesn't go right. Bortles body language and how he carries himself is disheartening as a fan. He's got that "Oh gee golly, I missed another wide open receiver, boo boo bee boo". I want a Quarterback like Jim Kelly, Dan Marino, Phil Sims or Tom Brady. Guys that will get in your grill and tell you to get that job done.

You run the wrong route? You'll hear about it from me directly and then the coach. You drop a gift basket of a pass? You're going to catch hell from me about it. You blow a blocking assignment? I don't care if you've got 5 inches and 100 pounds on me. I'll grab your face guard and you'll catch hell for it. This team needs a LEADER in the huddle. Not a ho hum guy.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(08-19-2017, 02:53 AM)wg171 Wrote: What if Robinson doesn't want to stay with the Jags after this season??

Doesn't make any difference to me.

I think that he's a very good receiver whether he's a "true number 1" or not. He has a skill set that is very beneficial to a QB that's able to give him a solid amount of catchable targets.  

Unless you're one of these "tanking" thinkers, then you play Robinson this year regardless of your QB situation and decide whether to offer him a big contract or not later.  If he wants to walk - so be it. 
I don't think "hurry up and trade him before he leaves" is a sustainable strategy in this league. 

If they really want to "win now" like they keep saying  -- it's unlikely they try to trade away a guy that's likely to give them 800-1000 yards receiving this season. 

I like all of the new depth and I'm confident Lee and Hurns will contribute meaningfully as well, but I don't really see any desperate need to trade the guy that's the most proven and consistent receiver on the roster.

(08-19-2017, 02:53 AM)wg171 Wrote: What if Robinson doesn't want to stay with the Jags after this season??

If he has another sub par season, let him go. We have a lot of talent at WR. I don't wanna overpay for an inconsistent guy who doesn't want to be here.

Considering our terrible fanbase, I wouldn't blame him for wanting a change of scenery.

(08-19-2017, 08:00 PM)nate Wrote: Considering our terrible fanbase, I wouldn't blame him for wanting a change of scenery.

I'm thinking our terrible front office, coaching staff, QB, and team would play more of a factor than the fanbase. Maybe he just wants to win.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

(08-19-2017, 08:34 PM)Jerrad Wrote:
(08-19-2017, 08:00 PM)nate Wrote: Considering our terrible fanbase, I wouldn't blame him for wanting a change of scenery.

I'm thinking our terrible front office, coaching staff, QB, and team would play more of a factor than the fanbase. Maybe he just wants to win.

I am sure that both will come into play.  

I'm sure our terrible fanbase will make it an easier decision to take less somewhere.

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2017, 11:13 PM by Jest101.)

(08-18-2017, 01:29 PM)TheAll22 Wrote: Robinson is so far from a Diva. Do you guys not remember life without competent receivers??

The QB is the problem and so you want to get rid of our most talented offensive player??? and you'd do it for a mediocre QB like Smith? Hurns and Lee are not the deep threat/home run hitters that Robinson is, I can put up with a little bit of cocky behavior in exchange for acrobatic highlight reel plays and excitement

If I'm getting rid of Robinson, I better be getting a great deal in return. If Cooks went for a late 1st, I want nothing less than that

He drops the ball too much in crunch time.

How's our fan-base terrible?

Would/should the team consider franchise tagging Robinson or Smith??

Neither is top 5, so no.

(08-20-2017, 12:36 AM)wg171 Wrote: Would/should the team consider franchise tagging Robinson or Smith??

I certainly hope not. I believe we can afford to lose one or both, but overpaying for either would really handcuff our cap position in the future. We have a lot of depth at WR, but if we lose Telvin we'd certainly have to address LB via the draft or in free agency though. Hopefully Blair Brown could step into one of the starting linebacker positions, but we'd still be thin on depth.

(08-20-2017, 01:45 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-20-2017, 12:36 AM)wg171 Wrote: Would/should the team consider franchise tagging Robinson or Smith??

I certainly hope not. I believe we can afford to lose one or both, but overpaying for either would really handcuff our cap position in the future. We have a lot of depth at WR, but if we lose Telvin we'd certainly have to address LB via the draft or in free agency though. Hopefully Blair Brown could step into one of the starting linebacker positions, but we'd still be thin on depth.

I agree.

We have the depth behind Allen Robinson to do alright, assuming we still have Lee and Hurns. A number one receiver would be a future priority.

Myles Jack is a natural WLB and has played very well there. He could slide over easily, but SLB or MLB (or both) would have to be addressed ASAP.

Robinson is staying put as our best WR. If we're going to trade one, then trade Hurns to get out from under his new contract knowing we have Keelan Cole now... but not ARob.
'02

(08-19-2017, 11:12 PM)Jest101 Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 01:29 PM)TheAll22 Wrote: Robinson is so far from a Diva. Do you guys not remember life without competent receivers??

The QB is the problem and so you want to get rid of our most talented offensive player??? and you'd do it for a mediocre QB like Smith? Hurns and Lee are not the deep threat/home run hitters that Robinson is, I can put up with a little bit of cocky behavior in exchange for acrobatic highlight reel plays and excitement

If I'm getting rid of Robinson, I better be getting a great deal in return. If Cooks went for a late 1st, I want nothing less than that

He drops the ball too much in crunch time.

How's our fan-base terrible?

We cannot wait to run just about anyone out of town, to include the best players on the franchise.

We'd rather boo a player who has produced after he's had a drop or two and root for some scrub like Cortez Hankton, or maybe Quinn Grey.  Perhaps Stephen Morris.  

It's who we are as a fanbase.