Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thoughts and prayers appreciated

I'm heading down to Jacksonville tomorrow. My dad is in the ICU on a ventilator. He was found unresponsive by my brother and taken to the ER yesterday. They put him in ICU this morning. He's not in good health with a medical condition and logically I know at any time he can end up in the hospital or die at home, but we don't FEEL logically. We feel emotionally, of course. Praying for a safe trip on the road and the strength to be helpful to my stepmom who is pretty stressed out to say the least. They've been married 20 years. I'm normally a very level headed person when it comes to intense situations, am able to make decisions and keep emotion out of it all until later. I'm the Get Shot Done person. I am now at that 'later' point after being on the phone half the day and am understanding the situation as a daughter and not someone who needs to get [BLEEP] done. I'm hoping this is just a thing and he can be stabilized and whatnot. 

I am tired.

Sad

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sorry to hear that. I'll keep your dad and the rest of your family in my prayers for good news.

Do what you need to do, but most importantly, get some rest.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(((Hugs)))
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Thoughts and prayers.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Thoughts are with you. Be strong for everyone.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

My thoughts are with you, Americus. Get rest. Stress is only compounded by fatigue. Shut your eyes when you can. Wake up shooting and get shot done.

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

T&P
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

I hope everything works out for you and your family. Smile
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Thank you all. Made it to Jville this afternoon in on piece.

Sending good vibes to you and yours Americus.. Hang tough, kiddo..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2017, 06:21 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Sending my prayers.  Hoping they can get him stabilized as the 1st step on his way to recovery.

Whatever comes out of this Americus, you'll be fine.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  If there is anything you need or anything that I can do, feel free to reach out to me via PM.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Thank you all. Today he was downgraded to a regular room but still on the same floor as ICU and there's still a lot to be concerned about. We're not sure how long he was in the condition my brother found him in. He had high levels of CO2 in his blood and that can cause brain damage depending on how long he was like that. He has COPD and one of the issues with that comes CO2 retention and it can be a nasty thing as we are finding out. He's improved but he's not better by a long shot. His medical condition doesn't make it easy to know how much cognition he may have lost. He is having more tests done this week.