Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I'm at an all time low

I've been a die hard Jags fan for a long time. I woke up this morning and was catching up on some of these threads and it occurred to me: this is the all time low point for this franchise, and it's not even close. It's downright depressing reading what all of us are saying on here. We've stuck by this disappointment for a decade now and it never gets better, just teases you along the way. This fan base has been amazing in its loyalty and resiliency, not sure there are many other cities that would do the same or desperately wants a winner so bad. The pride of a winning franchise should be a part a part this city, the way it was in the 90s, but it's not. It's sad and exhausting. WE deserve better. God bless this fan base. I'm going fishing.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I have faith in Tom that he'll do the right thing to help move this franchise forward..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(08-19-2017, 08:38 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I have faith in Tom that he'll do the right thing to help move this franchise forward..

I have tempered faith. This has been a long road to nowhere.

(08-19-2017, 08:38 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I have faith in Tom that he'll do the right thing to help move this franchise forward..

It's what I'm counting on.....last year we had an owner that kept believing in things and put up with gus and his medocrity...almost to the end of the season.

Don't think that will be the case with TC and Doug. No more waiting for "things to get better" with current lineup....starting with the QB.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Well I cant blame anyone for having jilted faith in this team. We've seen the bottom of the barrel for years. But you can't blame people for having renewed faith because of change of culture. Change is always good when it comes to this team. Can't settle for garbage players, garbage coaches and garbage seasons..

Good post OP. It's amazing how many fans have stuck with this team despite the garbage product that has been put on the field.

I've lost all faith in Caldwell. Time to move on from Bortles. Heck, I would even support them signing Kap at this point just so there would be a chance at an 8-8 season. If not, at least start Allen.

Oh, the good 'ole days of Brunell, Jimmy Smith, Keenan McCardell and Tony Boselli!

And now the players are complaining that practice is too hard.?

As bad as you feel right now, this is not an all time low. I can't tell you exactly when it was, but I firmly remember feeling worse about this franchise at some point in the past 5 years than I do at this very moment.

(08-19-2017, 09:11 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: As bad as you feel right now, this is not an all time low. I can't tell you exactly when it was, but I firmly remember feeling worse about this franchise at some point in the past 5 years than I do at this very moment.

Not as bad now as when our QB was a coward and our best offensive player was in the news for drunk driving (again).
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Do you think he did the right thing by standing still on the QB situation, trading for a ready-to-retire tackle, and leaving LG to be a competition between the teams back-ups? 

Don't get me wrong. I'm not freaking out because of one bad preseason game like so many around here, but I'm not so sure that in his first year with the reigns he's chosen the most ideal route for the roster. It doesn't inspire much confidence in him for me personally.

I grew up a fan of a team which went 41 years before winning a Super Bowl. Those were a rough 41 years and included a 1-15 season about 31 years into it so the Jaguars being only, what, 25 years in isn't too bad. (there was also the franchise-defining time when the new coach, Clive Rush, was nearly electrocuted during his introductory press conference but I digress).

I agree with the post above on the Gabbert/Blackmon years and with NYC on Coughlin (actually, if DC has autonomy as has been stated by the team, then the moves are more so on him)...there are now questions extending close to the Jags Oval Office.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

The big difference I noticed this off-season is that nobody bought the hype,even though the organization underwent major changes with free agency, staff and facilities, the majority were not fooled and were on wait-and-see mode.

(08-19-2017, 09:35 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Do you think he did the right thing by standing still on the QB situation, trading for a ready-to-retire tackle, and leaving LG to be a competition between the teams back-ups? 

Don't get me wrong. I'm not freaking out because of one bad preseason game like so many around here, but I'm not so sure that in his first year with the reigns he's chosen the most ideal route for the roster. It doesn't inspire much confidence in him for me personally.

Spot on analysis. Those are some very bad decisions, also not signing/drafting a guard.

All time low point after 2 preseason games? Have you missed the Gene Smith and Gabbert era? Bortles is not good but Gabbert is awful, Caldwell made more mistakes then you want but Gene Smith was awful.

For all we know this team can get it together under Maronne and have a solid season, last game we were without our top 3 CBs of course Winston was gonna feast, and our top pick RB and the other RBs looked like garbage, I think your overreacting
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(08-19-2017, 10:06 AM)J-Mizzal Wrote: All time low point after 2 preseason games? Have you missed the Gene Smith and Gabbert era? Bortles is not good but Gabbert is awful, Caldwell made more mistakes then you want but Gene Smith was awful.

For all we know this team can get it together under Maronne and have a solid season, last game we were without our top 3 CBs of course Winston was gonna feast, and our top pick RB and the other RBs looked like garbage, I think your overreacting

I'm not saying it's the all time worst team, I'm saying it's the all time low point. The team you sited?
Well there's been 5 more years of embarrassment since then.

It is the first year of this new front office and coach and we should all understand it will take time to right this sinking ship. You don't change the culture of team in a few months. You don't sign a QB that has not been successful with other teams that just prolongs the process. If there is a young QB with a team that may be willing to trade and you believe that QB is a franchise quarter back then you try to get that player. To bring in a free agent QB makes no sense if they are not an upgrade to Henny and I don't think any of the free agents are much better then Henny. (Believe me I am not a Henny fan) So It would be wise to give Allen a shot at the position, we need to find out if he should remain on the team or if he is just a camp body. The last game is the residual remains of the coach Bradley error when the team would fold in games and had inconsistent performances. Doug knows this is one of the problems with this team and he has made it clear that this is unacceptable and if the quarterback position can be change for poor performance then every player on this team should understand that they all will be held accountable and lose the starting jobs for inconsistent play. The message was loud and clear Strap them up and play tough football or pack your bags. The right message and still on point to rebuild this team.

Jags32250,

Lol, no offense but you haven't been a Jaguars fan very long if you think this is the worst it's ever been. Oh no...it's been far worse.

(08-19-2017, 09:35 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

When you've been driving a Yugo for the last 6-7 years and you finally trade it in and get a Nissan, you feel like you've traded up for a Rolls.. When you have squat, the only direction to go is up.

What a bunch of whiny cucks... Its the damn pre season. SMH

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2017, 12:06 PM by WingerDinger. Edit Reason: Spelling correction.. Yes I'm a spelling snob.. But I don't care about other people's spelling, just my own.. Hey, I just figured out that I can post )

I understand all the negativity. I really do.. But where has it gotten ya for the last 8 years?

Nowhere.. Take it with a grain of salt and just keep hope alive that one day we can pull ourselves out of The NFL's anus..