Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I'm at an all time low

Everyone, say it with me. Life is pain.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I realized this morning, it was just another day

The low point for me was the day I realized Blackmon was never coming back. 
'02

This isn't the low point to me because there is some legitimate talent on the roster, just not enough of it in the right spots. To me the low point was looking back over the moves heading into 2013 and seeing what kind of a wasteland the Jaguars were in from a talent standpoint. Right now I think the team is lacking three things, and one of them might be resolved with maturity.

A consistent QB, Henne definitely won't be that, so going to him won't fix anything.

A consistent kicker, someone that can be counted on to hit extra points and miss hardly anything inside of 40 yards.

A bankable pass rusher, someone that gets that sack-strip-game over play at the end of games for us. Ngakoue might be that guy.

With two of those three things the Jaguars are consistently around .500, with all of them is playoffs most years.

(08-19-2017, 10:43 AM)dennisp3 Wrote: It is the first year of this new front office and coach and we should all understand it will take time to right this sinking ship.  You don't change the culture of team in a few months.  You don't sign a QB that has not been successful with other teams that just prolongs the process.  If there is a young QB with a team that may be willing to trade and you believe that QB is a franchise quarter back then you try to get that player.  To bring in a free agent QB makes no sense if they are not an upgrade to Henny and I don't think any of the free agents are much better then Henny. (Believe me I am not a Henny fan) So It would be wise to give Allen a shot at the position, we need to find out if he should remain on the team or if he is just a camp body.  The last game is the  residual remains of the coach Bradley error when the team would fold in games and had inconsistent performances. Doug knows this is one of the problems with this team and he has made it clear that this is unacceptable and if the quarterback position can be change for poor performance then every player on this team should understand that they all will be held accountable and lose the starting jobs for inconsistent play.  The message was loud and clear Strap them up and play tough football or pack your bags.  The right message and still on point to rebuild this team.

And we can dream that we might find a nugget or two for the O-line when cutdowns come.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

The sad part about this franchise is there are so many "all time lows", people have a different opinion on what their own all time low is.

Yea it's really bad. We are usually let down by week 4 or 5 of regular season, but to have it done to us week 2 of the preseason is crazy.

All-time low has already come and gone here for me a long time ago. Long before 2017. We've seen worse roster wise. There's still wrinkles of hope on this football team for sure. I just think it needs a shot in the arm from the QB position. We've been looking for a solid QB since the 2005 - 2007 years we had with Garrard.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Get low, get low, get low get low!
To the window, to the wall!

Not the low for me. I thought the low was right after Gene Smith left. I honesty felt like a college team could beat a those jags. Those rosters were terrrrrrrrrible. Right now it's so close but sadly it's been like the same 3 things for a long long time that just never change. QB, o line, and pass rush. When the season ended I think 99.999% of people knew the o line needed to be the #1 priority and Dave was never bothered by it. Instead he has been on the record saying he would be happy with his o line if they had to line up right now, repeatedly during the off season. No clue what he sees there but overall this team is soooo much more talented than when the Smith era ended.

Maybe not the worst team the Jags have fielded but yeah I'm at a new low as far as a fan. So many bad draft choices, and no competition at Qb. Last in the league in rushing, and almost no attention given to OL. Total joke of a team STILL

(08-19-2017, 11:23 AM)BadMojoDaddy Wrote: What a bunch of whiny cucks... Its the damn pre season. SMH

This 100%.

I don't think I've ever seen such knee jerk overreactions from a 2nd PRESEASON game as I have these past couple days.

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2017, 04:41 PM by jtmoney.)

I think the all time low has more to do with a culmination of complete suckage for so long and Tom Coughlins arrival gave renewed hope.  Then last Thursday we looked like the same garbage as last year completely losing at every aspect of the game.  I get it.

(08-19-2017, 03:51 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-19-2017, 11:23 AM)BadMojoDaddy Wrote: What a bunch of whiny cucks... Its the damn pre season. SMH

This 100%.

I don't think I've ever seen such knee jerk overreactions from a 2nd PRESEASON game as I have these past couple days.

Hardly knee jerk.  We are going on 10 years of this. Don't get me wrong, I respect anyone who is sticking through this and puts a positive spin on it, but 10 years as the worst franchise in football is about as bad as any fan base has had it.

Its so low that I'm actually warming up to the idea of Kap Sick

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2017, 06:36 PM by Jerrad.)

To me, the Gene Smith and Gabbert era was our low from a talent standpoint, but I feel like the longer this losing drags on, the worse it gets. My personal low point was the San Diego game last year.

This 100%.

You probably said the same [BLEEP] after the Bengals game last year. We are gonna be trash again this year. You do realize this, right?
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

This 100%.

I think you are directing that at Marrone right? He is the one that yanked Bortles from being the automatic starter.

When. Chad Henne leads us to 7-9 and we draft that QB from Oklahoma in round 1, you'll feel much better.

(08-19-2017, 05:43 PM)Jerrad Wrote: To me, the Gene Smith and Gabbert era was our low from a talent standpoint, but I feel like the longer this losing drags on, the worse it gets. My personal low point was the San Diego game last year.

(08-19-2017, 03:51 PM)Eric1 Wrote: This 100%.

You probably said the same [BLEEP] after the Bengals game last year. We are gonna be trash again this year. You do realize this, right?

Maybe we will and maybe we wont. I won't be real upset either way honestly. Either we'll be good and that's great for everybody. Or we could be garbage, only win 3 or 4 games and be in prime position to draft a top QB in what should be a very good QB draft.

What I don't want is for this team to be a middle of the pack, run of the mill team. Stuck with awful QB play due not being able to draft one high, or possibly not being able to sign one in FA. In hopes of signing one through FA, we're going to have to grossly overpay and hope we still aren't over paying for a QB who isn't going to preform up to the contract given.

What I'm not going to do is whine about how the world is crashing down after a preseason game or two.

(08-19-2017, 07:42 PM)uthill Wrote:
(08-19-2017, 03:51 PM)Eric1 Wrote: This 100%.

I think you are directing that at Marrone right? He is the one that yanked Bortles from being the automatic starter.

Yup, part of it is absolutely directed towards Marrone as well.

I still think him doing this is one last attempt to try and light a fire under Bortles. It very well could be too late, but maybe publicly saying that he isn't guaranteed the starting spot will make him push just a little bit harder these next two weeks.

Trying to pinpoint "an all time low" coming off four years of Gus and then Gene and Gabbert before that is like getting hit by a barrel full of buckshot and rating the shrapnel, I don't know how you could possibly say.

It's been a long seven years for us Jaguars fans.