Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kapernick the perfect fit for this team

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2017, 01:28 PM by jaguarmvp.)

I do not agree with his political stance but the game is seperate from that.

Look at his career stats:  https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24823/

Kapernick has never thrown more int's than tds and had a 90 rating last year.   Infact he threw a 16td to 4int ration last year.

If it understand this offense correctly, it's run heavy with the QB just making enough plays to move the chains.. Kapernick has wheels and short accuracy. I think it could be a perfect fit.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wallbash Wallbash Wallbash
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I think we definitely needed another thread for this. [/sarcasm]

Our offense is tailor made for a quarterback like Kaepernick, but unfortunately there's no chance we sign him.

(08-19-2017, 01:26 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I do not agree with his political stance but the game is seperate from that.

Look at his career stats:  https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24823/

Kapernick has never thrown more int's than tds and had a 90 rating last year.   Infact he threw a 16td to 4int ration last year.

If it understand this offense correctly, it's run heavy with the QB just making enough plays to move the chains..  Kapernick has wheels and short accuracy.  I think it could be a perfect fit.

He hates America tho.
Go Jags!

He would be an ideal fit. Most football fans know this deep down but they'll say he's a terrible QB and deny that it has nothing to do with their ultra conservative views though. Or, they'll actually tell you that's exactly why they don't want him. Or, it's a combination of both.

But, as it's been cited. We're officially harboring two of the worst QB's to ever yield two of the worst QBR's in recent memory or during the modern era. This team can't afford to be picky and choosy after subjecting this city and it's fan base to an abysmal 42 - 102 record since 2007. Six straight years in a row now of double-digit losing seasons.

....But, Merica! Flags! Democracy! Oil! Dey took er' Jobs!!!
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I don't mind giving him a chance.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

I'd rather crash and burn and get good QB for next year, than to have him on the Jags. It has nothing to do with his political stance (which was IMO just a distraction for his horrible play). This kid was benched for Gabbert. Gabbert!

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2017, 04:12 PM by imtheblkranger.)

I couldn't care less what he does outside of his play, I just don't like his play, that being said, if we signed him I'd get behind him and want him to succeed

The problem with Kaep's play style is he's not good at the deep ball. This offense is going supposed to be primed to take the deep shot off PA. Which is also a reason why Alex Smith wouldn't be that great for us either, but I like him a lot more. Smith wins a ton of games.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

LOL no thanks! This guy is an idiot. Hes worse than Bortles. Gabbert beat him in San Fran. He doesnt know how to read defenses either. And He HATES AMERICA!
Go Jags!

(08-19-2017, 04:26 PM)Ksimms Wrote:  And He HATES AMERICA!

Save that nonsense for the Political section
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-19-2017, 04:26 PM)Ksimms Wrote: LOL no thanks! This guy is an idiot. Hes worse than Bortles. Gabbert beat him in San Fran. He doesnt know how to read defenses either. And He HATES AMERICA!

Kaepernick was recovering from an injury when Gabbert "beat him out". As soon as he was better, he became the starter.

Is Kap a good qb? No I dont think so. But the real question is - Is he better than Blake Bortles? He throws less vs Bortles, but he does protect the ball better. Much better int rate. When he was at his best in SF, he had a stout defense and a strong running game. Those seem to be the strongest points of the Jags currently.

So should Jacksonville sign him? I dont think he is much of an upgrade and the baggage he carries is problematic, to say the very least. Imo he is better than Bortles and only tom coughlin can answer the question is he worth the extra baggage. Given the no non-sensedemeanor of that guy, it is highly unlikely the guy is brought into Jacksonville.
New England Patriot Fan

(08-19-2017, 04:42 PM)mvannostran Wrote:
(08-19-2017, 04:26 PM)Ksimms Wrote:  And He HATES AMERICA!

Save that nonsense for the Political section

I'm not talking politics, but thanks for your concern.
Go Jags!

(08-19-2017, 05:02 PM)Ksimms Wrote:
(08-19-2017, 04:42 PM)mvannostran Wrote: Save that nonsense for the Political section

I'm not talking politics, but thanks for your concern.

Ok, the "I'm a moron" section
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-19-2017, 05:06 PM)mvannostran Wrote:
(08-19-2017, 05:02 PM)Ksimms Wrote: I'm not talking politics, but thanks for your concern.

Ok, the "I'm a moron" section

No need to name call.
Go Jags!

It doesn't take an "ultra-conservative" to be offended by Kaepernick's behavior.   I am offended by it and am definitely not a Trump supporter.   I am a retired combat Vet and served with people of all political beliefs,  but by and large,  all of us love our country and stood ready to give the ultimate sacrifice.   When you disrespect the Country,  you disrespect those who fight for it.  Jacksonville should be the last place that would want Kaepernick as the Face of the Franchise.

(08-19-2017, 04:26 PM)Ksimms Wrote: LOL no thanks! This guy is an idiot. Hes worse than Bortles. Gabbert beat him in San Fran. He doesnt know how to read defenses either. And He HATES AMERICA!

False.

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2017, 06:21 PM by Ksimms.)

(08-19-2017, 05:48 PM)JackCity Wrote:

False.

How about add something to your take instead of just "false".

(08-19-2017, 05:46 PM)SDS Kentucky Wrote: It doesn't take an "ultra-conservative" to be offended by Kaepernick's behavior.   I am offended by it and am definitely not a Trump supporter.   I am a retired combat Vet and served with people of all political beliefs,  but by and large,  all of us love our country and stood ready to give the ultimate sacrifice.   When you disrespect the Country,  you disrespect those who fight for it.  Jacksonville should be the last place that would want Kaepernick as the Face of the Franchise.

Thanks for your service brother. Don't worry it's not going to happen. Kaepernick is a terrible qb. He was harbaughs creation and after the Super Bowl run he could not hold off Gabbert. Forget about the other non sense.
Go Jags!

(08-19-2017, 05:54 PM)Ksimms Wrote:
(08-19-2017, 05:48 PM)JackCity Wrote: False.

How about add something to your take instead of just "false".

(08-19-2017, 05:46 PM)SDS Kentucky Wrote: It doesn't take an "ultra-conservative" to be offended by Kaepernick's behavior.   I am offended by it and am definitely not a Trump supporter.   I am a retired combat Vet and served with people of all political beliefs,  but by and large,  all of us love our country and stood ready to give the ultimate sacrifice.   When you disrespect the Country,  you disrespect those who fight for it.  Jacksonville should be the last place that would want Kaepernick as the Face of the Franchise.

Thanks for your service brother. Don't worry it's not going to happen. Kaepernick is a terrible qb. He was harbaughs creation and after the Super Bowl run he could not hold off Gabbert. Forget about the other non sense.

Kap didn't get beat out by Gabbert. He had an injury clause in his contract so they couldn't play him, once they removed the clause he started ahead of Gabbert.  

Yes he can read defenses by the way. You can see him in multiple games IDing blitzs , hitting the hot read and checking out of plays based on what he sees. You can also see him going through progressions when needed to, although it's not a strong part of his game.

If Kap was even good enough to be a backup, someone would have picked him up but not one of 32 teams are interested...The same thing happened with Tebow...Many people thought he was a good QB, but just a few short years in the NFL and he was unemployed and not a single team was interested in him...When not a single team in the league wants a player he must not be so good...Kap had a few workouts during the off season and STILL didn't get picked up, Tebow is playing baseball, both are done in the NFL