Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kapernick the perfect fit for this team

(08-20-2017, 10:01 AM)wrong_box Wrote: If Kap was even good enough to be a backup, someone would have picked him up but not one of 32 teams are interested...The same thing happened with Tebow...Many people thought he was a good QB, but just a few short years in the NFL and he was unemployed and not a single team was interested in him...When not a single team in the league wants a player he must not be so good...Kap had a few workouts during the off season and STILL didn't get picked up, Tebow is playing baseball, both are done in the NFL

LOLOLOL Kaepernick is light years better than Tebow. He's easily good enough to be a backup in the league. Problem is that teams aren't going to sign someone with all the media attention to be their backup .

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-20-2017, 03:29 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-19-2017, 05:54 PM)Ksimms Wrote: How about add something to your take instead of just "false".

Thanks for your service brother. Don't worry it's not going to happen. Kaepernick is a terrible qb. He was harbaughs creation and after the Super Bowl run he could not hold off Gabbert. Forget about the other non sense.

Kap didn't get beat out by Gabbert. He had an injury clause in his contract so they couldn't play him, once they removed the clause he started ahead of Gabbert.  

Yes he can read defenses by the way. You can see him in multiple games IDing blitzs , hitting the hot read and checking out of plays based on what he sees. You can also see him going through progressions when needed to, although it's not a strong part of his game.

False.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2017, 12:54 AM by wrong_box.)

(08-20-2017, 11:15 AM)Tuxedo Wrote:
(08-20-2017, 10:01 AM)wrong_box Wrote: If Kap was even good enough to be a backup, someone would have picked him up but not one of 32 teams are interested...The same thing happened with Tebow...Many people thought he was a good QB, but just a few short years in the NFL and he was unemployed and not a single team was interested in him...When not a single team in the league wants a player he must not be so good...Kap had a few workouts during the off season and STILL didn't get picked up, Tebow is playing baseball, both are done in the NFL

LOLOLOL Kaepernick is light years better than Tebow. He's easily good enough to be a backup in the league. Problem is that teams aren't going to sign someone with all the media attention to be their backup .

Mike Vick got picked up, if he got picked up after being in prison for dog fighting, someone would have picked up Kap if he was any good...Kap supposedly was expressing a political view, Vick had more people against him than Kap, but the difference is, Vick was decent, Kap is junk

The comparison between Tebow and Kap is that while FANS are STILL calling for both of them to be NFL quarterbacks. 32 teams think they are not starting caliber and both are out of the league because neither one of them are good enough

He has regressed harder than Bortles. If you lose your job, or struggle to keep it, to a guy like Gabbert... Stay far far faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from that QB. Pass. If anyone has earned a shot to get a few real starts its Allen. Kid has done well each of the chances he has gotten this year, and flashes a little bit even in his rookie PS campaign.

(08-20-2017, 11:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-20-2017, 03:29 AM)JackCity Wrote: Kap didn't get beat out by Gabbert. He had an injury clause in his contract so they couldn't play him, once they removed the clause he started ahead of Gabbert.  

Yes he can read defenses by the way. You can see him in multiple games IDing blitzs , hitting the hot read and checking out of plays based on what he sees. You can also see him going through progressions when needed to, although it's not a strong part of his game.

False.

I only speak the truth...which part?

(08-21-2017, 01:54 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-20-2017, 11:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: False.

I only speak the truth...which part?

All of it.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

There's also an instagram post from a verified account that says we've signed Kaepernick. Apparently it's someone who is close with players since Dez Bryant follows them.

uh? who?
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

(08-22-2017, 12:39 AM)archer56 Wrote: uh? who?

@esgworld on Instagram. Looks like he's a rapper, but he's verified and followed by Dez.

I'm gunna just assume this is a rumor. While i'm meh on the point, as you can find posts where I said even NFL analyst during the season said he wasn't able to read a defense, you might as well bring him in.
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

(08-22-2017, 12:44 AM)archer56 Wrote: I'm gunna just assume this is a rumor.  While i'm meh on the point, as you can find posts where I said even NFL analyst during the season said he wasn't able to read a defense, you might as well bring him in.

Yeah. There's nothing from anyone major, but people are discussing it on social media. Figured this rumor would at least be threadworthy.

Let's say it is true. How many QBs would they keep? Who gets the axe? They are not going to Garrard Bortles, I'd imagine. They liked Henne enough to put him in starter battle. Allen is the young buck in the wings. Why sign Kaep to clutter an already underwhelming stable of signal callers? As a backup or improbable starter? What would be the pecking order? I don't see the rationale...
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(08-22-2017, 01:26 AM)BritJag Wrote: Let's say it is true. How many QBs would they keep? Who gets the axe? They are not going to Garrard Bortles, I'd imagine. They liked Henne enough to put him in starter battle. Allen is the young buck in the wings. Why sign Kaep to clutter an already underwhelming stable of signal callers? As a backup or improbable starter? What would be the pecking order? I don't see the rationale...

I would be beyond shocked if the Jags signed Kaepernick.  This isn't the market for him, but if they did sign him or someone else to come in and start, why would you keep Bortles on the roster?  If you know Bortles isn't the guy, why chance an injury and $19 million guaranteed next year?  

If he's not the starter going into the season it's quite possible, probable even, that the team just cuts bait and moves on without him.

(08-21-2017, 06:58 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(08-21-2017, 01:54 PM)JackCity Wrote: I only speak the truth...which part?

All of it.

So you think Gabbert actually beat him out in camp?

Makes you wonder why they even picked up the 5th year option in the first place. A curious off season it has been.

So Meister, to you, the days of Bortles in Jacksonville are really really numbered? You are in essence saying that if he doesn't win the job on Thursday he could be on his way out by final cuts?  A telling but sad thought.

Too many uncertainties. We can all agree that we didn't secure the coveted off season championship trophy this year. A sign of big things for 2017. We are going to surprise the league. Watch.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(08-22-2017, 01:47 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(08-22-2017, 01:26 AM)BritJag Wrote: Let's say it is true. How many QBs would they keep? Who gets the axe? They are not going to Garrard Bortles, I'd imagine. They liked Henne enough to put him in starter battle. Allen is the young buck in the wings. Why sign Kaep to clutter an already underwhelming stable of signal callers? As a backup or improbable starter? What would be the pecking order? I don't see the rationale...

I would be beyond shocked if the Jags signed Kaepernick.  This isn't the market for him, but if they did sign him or someone else to come in and start, why would you keep Bortles on the roster?  If you know Bortles isn't the guy, why chance an injury and $19 million guaranteed next year?  

If he's not the starter going into the season it's quite possible, probable even, that the team just cuts bait and moves on without him.

Because you might not have given up on him entirely, but think he needs to sit for a year if he has any chance of recovering confidence and having one last shot. If you bring someone else in as the eventual starter, Henne and Bortles are basically the same guy as backup (you don't want them starting, but they'd do for a game or two). If Kaepernick starts, one of those two is gone. If the team really believes Bortles still has a chance, it should be Bortles. If they're both lost causes, then Henne is at least cheaper. Either way you'd be wanting to bring in a high pick QB in the next draft.

Intereseting rumour but I don't believe it at all. (not that I would be against it, I just think Kaep has zero chance to sign here).
We'll see.

Fake news.

Benjamin Allbright @AllbrightNFL
#Jaguars source on Kaepernick signing rumor: "If we have [signed him], it's news to me."
12:44 AM · Aug 22, 2017
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We have 2 crappy QBs we don't need another that got benched for Blaine Gabbert

(08-22-2017, 04:31 AM)iapetus Wrote:
(08-22-2017, 01:47 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I would be beyond shocked if the Jags signed Kaepernick.  This isn't the market for him, but if they did sign him or someone else to come in and start, why would you keep Bortles on the roster?  If you know Bortles isn't the guy, why chance an injury and $19 million guaranteed next year?  

Because you might not have given up on him entirely, but think he needs to sit for a year if he has any chance of recovering confidence and having one last shot. If you bring someone else in as the eventual starter, Henne and Bortles are basically the same guy as backup (you don't want them starting, but they'd do for a game or two). If Kaepernick starts, one of those two is gone. If the team really believes Bortles still has a chance, it should be Bortles. If they're both lost causes, then Henne is at least cheaper. Either way you'd be wanting to bring in a high pick QB in the next draft.

If Jags plan is to sit Blake this whole year for the purpose of "recovering his confidence" and then letting him come in next year at $19,000,000 for a fifth year of this...I quit. 

This would be the worst move in NFL history.