Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kapernick the perfect fit for this team

I do believe there's less risk to starting Kaepernick than there is to starting Bortles at least. Substantially less risk.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-22-2017, 09:24 AM)The Holy Teal Wrote:
(08-22-2017, 08:44 AM)Jagwired Wrote: There are not a lot of things this team could do that would make us not attend games. Signing Kap would definitely be one of them.

Us?? I would still attend games.

I meant my family and group of friends.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(08-22-2017, 12:55 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(08-22-2017, 09:24 AM)The Holy Teal Wrote: Us?? I would still attend games.

I meant my family and group of friends.

I was talking to a season ticket holder since day 1 over the weekend and he said if we were to sign Kaepernick he wouldn't go to a game as long as he was on the roster.  I'm guessing there may be quite a few people in that crowd.

(08-22-2017, 09:49 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(08-22-2017, 03:12 AM)JackCity Wrote: So you think Gabbert actually beat him out in camp?

Not "think", he was in fact benched for Gabbert. Did you see Kaep play before benching? It was embarrassingly bad. He was beat out, then had several surgeries that kept him from seeing the field again. The 49ers tried to release him but couldn't because of the NFL rule that states those recovering from injury can't be released before April 1. Kaep requested a trade shortly after. Guess what, no takers. And here we are once again...Kaep has no takers. Many football sites to include PFF had Kaep ranked at the bottom of QB rankings. Face it; the dude is just not good or remotely consistent QB. To have just a bit of success, the system must be built around him, and frankly, it doesn't take long to burst that bubble.
That's not in camp though. He wasn't allowed play due to the injury clause, once that was taken out he played. Yes he was benched for a game, he was also far better than Gabbert and played with almost nobody on offense to help him.  

We out here using PFF as a standard for QB rankings now? Kap isn't s too 10 QB or anything , the point is that he's good enough and better than what we have in the roster.  As for the systems stuff that's way overblown. The passing offense he's played in was a pretty standard WCO with checks and reads just like we have. Difference being that with Kap you run more RPOs due to his legs and he's elite when throwing on the move, doesn't turn the ball and can still take the big shots downfield. That's better than what we have.

Kap is definitely the perfect fit for this team. A dumpster fire QB for a dumpster fire team.. Beautiful fit..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(08-23-2017, 03:21 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-22-2017, 09:49 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Not "think", he was in fact benched for Gabbert. Did you see Kaep play before benching? It was embarrassingly bad. He was beat out, then had several surgeries that kept him from seeing the field again. The 49ers tried to release him but couldn't because of the NFL rule that states those recovering from injury can't be released before April 1. Kaep requested a trade shortly after. Guess what, no takers. And here we are once again...Kaep has no takers. Many football sites to include PFF had Kaep ranked at the bottom of QB rankings. Face it; the dude is just not good or remotely consistent QB. To have just a bit of success, the system must be built around him, and frankly, it doesn't take long to burst that bubble.
That's not in camp though. He wasn't allowed play due to the injury clause, once that was taken out he played. Yes he was benched for a game, he was also far better than Gabbert and played with almost nobody on offense to help him.  

We out here using PFF as a standard for QB rankings now? Kap isn't s too 10 QB or anything , the point is that he's good enough and better than what we have in the roster.  As for the systems stuff that's way overblown. The passing offense he's played in was a pretty standard WCO with checks and reads just like we have. Difference being that with Kap you run more RPOs due to his legs and he's elite when throwing on the move, doesn't turn the ball and can still take the big shots downfield. That's better than what we have.
Kaep's agent? You're delusional. No matter what site you prefer, he was ranked lower half of league with exception to his one "good" year. The fact you're justifying what you see in preseason as the scheme perfect for this guy is laughable. If preseason is gold standard, then we should bring league leading passer Gabbert back. Yuck. Also, the legs thing is overrated unless you have trouble reading defenses or o-line sucks, then it's all you got. Sound familiar. The idea is to upgrade the roster and Kaep is not an upgrade, just another Blake.

FYI...you should really look into Kaeps contract details and injury situation before continuing to claim he wasn't benched.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(08-23-2017, 10:52 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 03:21 AM)JackCity Wrote: That's not in camp though. He wasn't allowed play due to the injury clause, once that was taken out he played. Yes he was benched for a game, he was also far better than Gabbert and played with almost nobody on offense to help him.  

Kaep's agent? You're delusional. No matter what site you prefer, he was ranked lower half of league with exception to his one "good" year. The fact you're justifying what you see in preseason as the scheme perfect for this guy is laughable. If preseason is gold standard, then we should bring league leading passer Gabbert back. Yuck. Also, the legs thing is overrated unless you have trouble reading defenses or o-line sucks, then it's all you got. Sound familiar. The idea is to upgrade the roster and Kaep is not an upgrade, just another Blake.

FYI...you should really look into Kaeps contract details and injury situation before continuing to claim he wasn't benched.
1) Not sure where I mentioned anything about preseason play. Might want to have another read through.

2) Having a mobile QB can help alleviate a bad Oline and can help turn the defense on itself. It's a nice trait to have to keep a defense chugging along. 

3) Read what I wrote bubba. "That's not in camp though. He wasn't allowed play due to the injury clause, once that was taken out he played. Yes he was benched for a game"   

He was benched yes. I'm telling you Gabbert started the year ahead of Kap due to the injury clause. Look it up. Once the injury clause was removed, Kap started back at QB.

Kaepernick's mobility isn't a significant advantage. In San Francisco one of his biggest problems was holding the ball and taking sacks. He didn't throw a lot of INTs, instead he took a lot of sacks.

If Coughlin brought him in I wouldn't question the move, but I don't think the move gets made because I don't think kaepernick is actually a significant upgrade to the point where having him makes a big difference.

As a waterboy maybe....

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2017, 12:58 PM by I am Yoda. Edit Reason: added a link )

All you guys drooling over Kap. In the ESPN ranking, as an example, he is ranked as the 28th best qb. Ranked #29 is Blake Bortles ranked just 0.1 below him. It would be change without the change football-wise.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/...on-rodgers
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(08-23-2017, 12:06 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 10:52 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Kaep's agent? You're delusional. No matter what site you prefer, he was ranked lower half of league with exception to his one "good" year. The fact you're justifying what you see in preseason as the scheme perfect for this guy is laughable. If preseason is gold standard, then we should bring league leading passer Gabbert back. Yuck. Also, the legs thing is overrated unless you have trouble reading defenses or o-line sucks, then it's all you got. Sound familiar. The idea is to upgrade the roster and Kaep is not an upgrade, just another Blake.

1) Not sure where I mentioned anything about preseason play. Might want to have another read through.

2) Having a mobile QB can help alleviate a bad Oline and can help turn the defense on itself. It's a nice trait to have to keep a defense chugging along. 

3) Read what I wrote bubba. "That's not in camp though. He wasn't allowed play due to the injury clause, once that was taken out he played. Yes he was benched for a game"   

He was benched yes. I'm telling you Gabbert started the year ahead of Kap due to the injury clause. Look it up. Once the injury clause was removed, Kap started back at QB.
Go with whatever narrative makes you feel better. Bottom line he is not an upgrade.

(08-23-2017, 01:34 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 12:06 PM)JackCity Wrote: 1) Not sure where I mentioned anything about preseason play. Might want to have another read through.

Go with whatever narrative makes you feel better. Bottom line he is not an upgrade.
Brilliant retort sir. Really addressed the points made.  

He's pretty clearly better than Bortles, Henne and Allen even if you don't think think he's a good QB overall.

Bortles QB rating : 79 
Kaps QB rating : 88  

Blake's INT % : 3.0
Kap's INT % : 1.8  

Blake's AY/A : 6.3
Kap's AY/A: 7.3

(08-23-2017, 04:08 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 01:34 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Go with whatever narrative makes you feel better. Bottom line he is not an upgrade.
Brilliant retort sir. Really addressed the points made.  

He's pretty clearly better than Bortles, Henne and Allen even if you don't think think he's a good QB overall.

Still sticking with it huh? Kaep has 6 league years to Blake's 3 and yet still not a big difference in career stats. And if we choose one of the only two years he played all 16 games, Kaep had the advantage of playing on a team that just so happen to have had a Pro-Bowl 1K+ RB and Pro Bowl TE. In fact, the 49ers were tied for the most Pro Bowl selection for that year. That year tends to place Kaep just ahead of Blake statistically, but nearly insignificant. If you eliminate a large Pro Bowl supporting cast and put him on a mediocre team equal to what the Jags have had, you can plainly see just how similar they are. Difficult to compare recent playing histories because Kaep hasn't completed a season since 2014. Once again, not an upgrade!

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...rtBl00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...epCo00.htm

(08-23-2017, 05:11 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 04:08 PM)JackCity Wrote: Brilliant retort sir. Really addressed the points made.  

Still sticking with it huh? Kaep has 6 league years to Blake's 3 and yet still not a big difference in career stats. And if we choose one of the only two years he played all 16 games, Kaep had the advantage of playing on a team that just so happen to have had a Pro-Bowl 1K+ RB and Pro Bowl TE. In fact, the 49ers were tied for the most Pro Bowl selection for that year. That year tends to place Kaep just ahead of Blake statistically, but nearly insignificant. If you eliminate a large Pro Bowl supporting cast and put him on a mediocre team equal to what the Jags have had, you can plainly see just how similar they are. Difficult to compare recent playing histories because Kaep hasn't completed a season since 2014. Once again, not an upgrade!

Uh well yeah. Bortles has thrown 1,706 passes, Kap has thrown 1,692. Of course their career stats would be similar. Bortles has thrown 51 picks, Kap has only thrown 30. You aren't helping your argument here.  

You can what if until the cows come home and create fictional situations if you want. I prefer to look at reality. The reality that Kap is a better QB than Bortles. Its not that hard to see. I'm surprised we still have people stanning for Blake. 

Do you think Henne is better than Kap? Because he's beating Bortles out right now.

(08-23-2017, 06:18 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 05:11 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Still sticking with it huh? Kaep has 6 league years to Blake's 3 and yet still not a big difference in career stats. And if we choose one of the only two years he played all 16 games, Kaep had the advantage of playing on a team that just so happen to have had a Pro-Bowl 1K+ RB and Pro Bowl TE. In fact, the 49ers were tied for the most Pro Bowl selection for that year. That year tends to place Kaep just ahead of Blake statistically, but nearly insignificant. If you eliminate a large Pro Bowl supporting cast and put him on a mediocre team equal to what the Jags have had, you can plainly see just how similar they are. Difficult to compare recent playing histories because Kaep hasn't completed a season since 2014. Once again, not an upgrade!

Uh well yeah. Bortles has thrown 1,706 passes, Kap has thrown 1,692. Of course their career stats would be similar. Bortles has thrown 51 picks, Kap has only thrown 30. You aren't helping your argument here.  

You can what if until the cows come home and create fictional situations if you want. I prefer to look at reality. The reality that Kap is a better QB than Bortles. Its not that hard to see. I'm surprised we still have people stanning for Blake. 

Do you think Henne is better than Kap? Because he's beating Bortles out right now.

What I think is if Kap is as good as some on this board attest, someone would have signed him...If GMs thought he was an upgrade to what they have on their rosters, he would have been signed quickly even with his distractions...

(08-23-2017, 07:45 PM)wrong_box Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 06:18 PM)JackCity Wrote: Uh well yeah. Bortles has thrown 1,706 passes, Kap has thrown 1,692. Of course their career stats would be similar. Bortles has thrown 51 picks, Kap has only thrown 30. You aren't helping your argument here.  

What I think is if Kap is as good as some on this board attest, someone would have signed him...If GMs thought he was an upgrade to what they have on their rosters, he would have been signed quickly even with his distractions...
At least two teams have tried but were blocked by their owner.

You're delusional if you think Kaepernick isn't a clear upgrade over what we have at the QB position.

(08-23-2017, 08:19 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote: You're delusional if you think Kaepernick isn't a clear upgrade over what we have at the QB position.
Like Kaep's agent in the other post, what makes you think Kaep is a clear upgrade over what we have? Because you say so? Kaep is a Bortles clone.

(08-23-2017, 09:00 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 08:19 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote: You're delusional if you think Kaepernick isn't a clear upgrade over what we have at the QB position.
Like Kaep's agent in the other post, what makes you think Kaep is a clear upgrade over what we have? Because you say so? Kaep is a Bortles clone.
Do you think Henne is better than Kap?

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2017, 09:26 PM by B2hibry.)

(08-23-2017, 06:18 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 05:11 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Still sticking with it huh? Kaep has 6 league years to Blake's 3 and yet still not a big difference in career stats. And if we choose one of the only two years he played all 16 games, Kaep had the advantage of playing on a team that just so happen to have had a Pro-Bowl 1K+ RB and Pro Bowl TE. In fact, the 49ers were tied for the most Pro Bowl selection for that year. That year tends to place Kaep just ahead of Blake statistically, but nearly insignificant. If you eliminate a large Pro Bowl supporting cast and put him on a mediocre team equal to what the Jags have had, you can plainly see just how similar they are. Difficult to compare recent playing histories because Kaep hasn't completed a season since 2014. Once again, not an upgrade!

Wallbash Says something when folks would rather stick with the mediocre QBs on the roster. Your alternate reality of Kaep being the savior does not jive with real world. Eventually I'll get you to look at all the stats, maybe some games to see the similarities and big picture. 

What makes you think I appreciate Bortle's play and that he is the answer? Fact of the matter is, We don't have a franchise QB on this roster. FYI, Kaep isn't the one. He might be a worthwhile upgrade over Allen, but doesn't offer much over the others in the stable of mediocrity. 

Maybe your GOAT will catch on elsewhere for a few games so you can marvel at his other worldly abilities.

(08-23-2017, 09:02 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 09:00 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Like Kaep's agent in the other post, what makes you think Kaep is a clear upgrade over what we have? Because you say so? Kaep is a Bortles clone.
Do you think Henne is better than Kap?
Kaep is more athletic than Henne for sure but at this point I don't think Kaep would beat him out in this system.