Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poz back at MLB - why?

Marrone is now saying Poz will remain at MLB, with Jack at strong side LB.

So what went wrong with the plan? Jack was almost certainly drafted to be our MLB of the future, but can't seem to win that position.

Is it because he's not a leader? Is he failing to pick up the game plan? Or is it because the experiment of moving Poz to strong side hasn't worked ?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Nail on head. Poz struggled at SLB and Jack wasn't better at MLB than Poz, at least at the moment. Putting players in the best position to succeed was a foreign concept with Gus Bradley but it seems to not be lost with Marrone. Poz will be a 2 down LB with Jack taking over MLB duties in nickel packages. Something that should've been done last year.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

This is probably ideal, the main thing that matters is Jack playing on nickel.

I keep seeing this "Poz struggling at Sam" but no actual reports or evidence to back those claims.
Can you provide me with some?
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

The poor tackling and the missed gap fits Jack displayed against TB would be my guess.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Truthfully Poz hasn't looked good at any position this preseason. Both games he hasn't done nothing out there, but it doesn't really matter because we have no qb.

(08-20-2017, 09:13 AM)Jagwired Wrote: The poor tackling and the missed gap fits Jack displayed against TB would be my guess.

The latter of those two were there as well for the Patriots game.

I find it a little funny that 3/4 of this board was calling for this arrangement in Jack's rookie year, but now it's somehow a bad thing.

(08-20-2017, 09:38 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I find it a little funny that 3/4 of this board was calling for this arrangement in Jack's rookie year, but now it's somehow a bad thing.

I don't think it's a bad thing. I believe one day he will be a vicious, smart MLB. Just not yet. Poz is better at this time in base.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(08-20-2017, 09:38 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I find it a little funny that 3/4 of this board was calling for this arrangement in Jack's rookie year, but now it's somehow a bad thing.

Jack played Ok in the middle but also looked lost at times...Marrone is looking to see what works better and Poz in the middle is what seems to work better in base defense...Marrone is playing people where they play the best right now...Eventually Jack will be back in the middle full time but right now he feels the best combination is Poz in the middle

I'm fine with it.

Remember, Nickel is pretty much the new base D across the league based on the percentages of how often it's on the field. This move is putting guys where they perform their best and quite frankly shouldn't be anything to get upset about. Telvin and Myles should get more snaps over the course of the season as the Nickel LBs. Although opponents like Houston might dictate more 4-3 on the field.

I'm surprised this is still a question. I posted an entire thread about Jack totally and utterly whiffing on at least three tackles in that Bucs game. Marrone obviously agrees with me that it's no good having a starting MLB with questionable tackling ability. It's not that he's not a good leader because he's keeping the helmet that gets communications from the sideline, and he's still going to be the guy to QB the defense.
'02

Well, looks like the defense will look like last year, big holes for opposing receivers to run through

(08-20-2017, 09:30 AM)P. Haze Wrote: Truthfully Poz hasn't looked good at any position this preseason. Both games he hasn't done nothing out there, but it doesn't really matter because we have no qb.

I liked what I saw from Poz in the Bucs game. I didn't notice him vs the Patriots, but I don't know how you can say he did nothing against the Bucs. He looked like himself out there as far as being a consistent, reliable tackler.
'02

Its only on 1st and 2nd down, he's still better in the middle then Jack, Jack is still gonna be on the field in passing situation where Poz struggles
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

From the reporting I've seen, this is only in the 4-3. Jack is still playing MLB in the nickel which is the most common formation anyway. It really is no big deal.

(08-20-2017, 08:27 AM)MightyRx Wrote: I keep seeing this "Poz struggling at Sam" but no actual reports or evidence to back those claims.

Straight from the horses mouth:

Quote: As for Posluszny’s training camp at strong-side linebacker he said: “At times, I was solid and at times, I struggled. I still have a long way to go to play at a high level at [the strong-side spot]. … There’s no doubt I can play it come Week 1.”

http://jacksonville.com/sports/jaguars/2...l-it-stick
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2017, 03:10 PM by JagFanatic24.)

(08-20-2017, 09:30 AM)P. Haze Wrote: Truthfully Poz hasn't looked good at any position this preseason. Both games he hasn't done nothing out there, but it doesn't really matter because we have no qb.

This is the truth. Until we get a QB, nothing else really matters. It really doesn't. 

Yeah we could do win a few games here and there with a good running game and sound defense. Or a lucky bounce on special teams in a game or 2.  Or if one of our receivers takes a 8 yard slant and busts off a 70 yard run after the catch.

But until we fix our QB position, the other positions really don't matter.

(08-20-2017, 08:27 AM)HMightyRx Wrote: I keep seeing this "Poz struggling at Sam" but no actual reports or evidence to back those claims.

He said himself that he was struggling with the transition.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]