Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poz back at MLB - why?

Jack was struggling at MLB. So far, Jack looking a little overrated.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

because it was a stupid move to begin with.

Play Poz at MLB, Jack can play wherever else he earns the right to play.

If he's not good enough to replace Poz, then sit his butt on the bench. Simple enough
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Myles Jack has been and continues to be a liability. He's physical and athletic but runs around the field lost like most of our team.
No pain, no gain.

(08-20-2017, 09:53 AM)wrong_box Wrote:
(08-20-2017, 09:38 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I find it a little funny that 3/4 of this board was calling for this arrangement in Jack's rookie year, but now it's somehow a bad thing.

Jack played Ok in the middle but also looked lost at times...Marrone is looking to see what works better and Poz in the middle is what seems to work better in base defense...Marrone is playing people where they play the best right now...Eventually Jack will be back in the middle full time but right now he feels the best combination is Poz in the middle

Yes. I'm aware of all of that.  

I was trying to point out the "flip-flop" nature of so many posters.  Many of them wanted to see Poz in the middle on base and Jack in the middle on nickel LAST year. 

Some of those same folks are now acting as if this arrangement is bad when it's exactly what they asked for.

Jack will be fine. He's been very frantic pre snap having to set up the defense and getting everyone in the right spot and thats impacting how he's played. It takes awhile for that to become second nature and in some players it just doesn't click with them. Poz does it effortlessly because he's so experienced at it.

There's also the argument that his best spot is at the WILL. He'd probably excel at being a pure hit and run guy but is more valuable if can be competent in the middle.

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2017, 03:03 PM by JagFanatic24.)

(08-20-2017, 07:03 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Jack was struggling at MLB. So far, Jack looking a little overrated.

I said this last year and got murdered. To me, he's a talented player who is not very good. I would have never consider him a top 5 pick, even at full health. 

He is probably a better RB than a LB. And that ain't saying much.

(08-21-2017, 02:22 PM)JackCity Wrote: Jack will be fine. He's been very frantic pre snap having to set up the defense and getting everyone in the right spot and thats impacting how he's played. It takes awhile for that to become second nature and in some players it just doesn't click with them. Poz does it effortlessly because he's so experienced at it.    

There's also the argument that his best spot is at the WILL. He'd probably excel at being a pure hit and run guy but is more valuable if can be competent in the middle.

* run and hit guy. But I knew what you meant.

(08-21-2017, 03:02 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(08-20-2017, 07:03 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Jack was struggling at MLB. So far, Jack looking a little overrated.

I said this last year and got murdered. To me, he's a talented player who is not very good. I would have never consider him a top 5 pick, even at full health. 

(08-21-2017, 02:22 PM)JackCity Wrote: Jack will be fine. He's been very frantic pre snap having to set up the defense and getting everyone in the right spot and thats impacting how he's played. It takes awhile for that to become second nature and in some players it just doesn't click with them. Poz does it effortlessly because he's so experienced at it.    

As a huge UCLA fan, I can tell you Jack was a better RB than he was a LB. In fact, I would consider him a better RB than Leonard Fournette or Ezekiel Elliott. Check out some of his UCLA highlights as a RB. He was fantastic. He ran with power, had excellent speed and was pretty shifty as well. He was the best Bruins RB I'd ever seen. Unfortunately, he didn't want to play the position. He wanted to be a LB.

(08-21-2017, 04:05 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-21-2017, 03:02 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I said this last year and got murdered. To me, he's a talented player who is not very good. I would have never consider him a top 5 pick, even at full health. 

As a huge UCLA fan, I can tell you Jack was a better RB than he was a LB. In fact, I would consider him a better RB than Leonard Fournette or Ezekiel Elliott. Check out some of his UCLA highlights as a RB. He was fantastic. He ran with power, had excellent speed and was pretty shifty as well. He was the best Bruins RB I'd ever seen. Unfortunately, he didn't want to play the position. He wanted to be a LB.

Better than MJD?
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

(08-21-2017, 04:09 PM)realtorpat Wrote:
(08-21-2017, 04:05 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: As a huge UCLA fan, I can tell you Jack was a better RB than he was a LB. In fact, I would consider him a better RB than Leonard Fournette or Ezekiel Elliott. Check out some of his UCLA highlights as a RB. He was fantastic. He ran with power, had excellent speed and was pretty shifty as well. He was the best Bruins RB I'd ever seen. Unfortunately, he didn't want to play the position. He wanted to be a LB.

Better than MJD?

IMO yes. Granted, Jack had a much smaller body of work at the position, but to me, I saw a complete RB. He was also a fantastic receiver as well and liked to block. I wish he would've stuck with the RB spot. They sky was the limit for this kid.