Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
According to Mike Silver - Jags not looking at bringing in outside QB

@mikesilver Right now the Jags' QB strategy seems to be: Hope Bortles has a good game Thursday, or pray Henne improves steeply and suddenly...

He also said Coughlin is the reason we are not bringing in Kap. 

Man, team is in disarray and we still in the preseason. It's baffling to me why no other QB was brought in during the off-season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Start Henne week 1.
Then play Allen the rest.

@mikesilver It's August 20, and the Jags have very little faith in any of the 3 QBs on their roster... and are not making a play for Kaepernick. ?

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2017, 04:33 PM by B2hibry.)

Think about what you just typed..."disarray and we still in the preseason." The preseason is used to formulate a competitive roster. Nothing has been set yet and probably won't be until after game 4. That is just how it is. Back to the QB situation, it can be brought up a thousand different ways, which you seem to have covered in almost every post, but who was available that would have been a definitive upgrade? Jumping all in on hindsight makes you look desperate for attention.

(08-20-2017, 04:31 PM)BklynJag Wrote: @mikesilver It's August 20, and the Jags have very little faith in any of the 3 QBs on their roster... and are not making a play for Kaepernick. ?

He sucks!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Vikings made a play for Bradford late in the preseason and he played really well for them.

Jags can still do something about the QB situation.

But honestly, I think it's Henne. Ball control offense and rely on the defense.

...another QB thread. Wallbash Wallbash Wallbash  and some more Wallbash Wallbash .
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(08-20-2017, 04:36 PM)Frailbones Wrote: Vikings made a play for Bradford late in the preseason and he played really well for them.

You and I have very different definitions of playing "very well."

(08-20-2017, 04:39 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-20-2017, 04:36 PM)Frailbones Wrote: Vikings made a play for Bradford late in the preseason and he played really well for them.

You and I have very different definitions of playing "very well."

Maybe you should go look his stats up. 3900 yards 20 TDS 5 INTS with 71% completion. How would you characterize that?

I love Coughlin, but if he is letting politics play in his decision to not look at Kap than he is making a mistake. Football over politics.

(08-20-2017, 04:42 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(08-20-2017, 04:39 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: You and I have very different definitions of playing "very well."

Maybe you should go look his stats up. 3900 yards 20 TDS 5 INTS with 71% completion. How would you characterize that?

Only 20 TD's after starting an entire season, an 8-8 record on a team that had one of the top defenses in the NFL and no playoff appearance. Most of the time, rookie QB's throw more than 20 TD's in a season. It's all about getting into the endzone. Nothing else matters. That was NOT a successful season, especially after what all they gave up to get him.

(08-20-2017, 04:39 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: You and I have very different definitions of playing "very well."

Essentially they traded for David Garrard circa 2007 but didn't even get to the playoffs, now they still have a mediocre QB and won't have the pick back to draft a good QB. They've entered QB purgatory.

(08-20-2017, 04:53 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(08-20-2017, 04:42 PM)Frailbones Wrote: Maybe you should go look his stats up. 3900 yards 20 TDS 5 INTS with 71% completion. How would you characterize that?

Essentially they traded for David Garrard circa 2007 but didn't even get to the playoffs, now they still have a mediocre QB and won't have the pick back to draft a good QB. They've entered QB purgatory.

Yes. At least somebody gets it.

(08-20-2017, 04:37 PM)Jagwired Wrote: ...another QB thread. Wallbash Wallbash Wallbash  and some more Wallbash Wallbash .

That is expected when you have a QB who has lost all confidence in making passes.  Bortles not only has mechanics issues, but now he is in his own head.  Terrible combination.

(08-20-2017, 04:53 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(08-20-2017, 04:42 PM)Frailbones Wrote: Maybe you should go look his stats up. 3900 yards 20 TDS 5 INTS with 71% completion. How would you characterize that?

And right now, I'll take 2007 Garrard. I think a lot of people will.

(08-20-2017, 04:55 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(08-20-2017, 04:53 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Essentially they traded for David Garrard circa 2007 but didn't even get to the playoffs, now they still have a mediocre QB and won't have the pick back to draft a good QB. They've entered QB purgatory.

I'd take Leftwich and this point as well.

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2017, 04:57 PM by jtmoney.)

(08-20-2017, 04:53 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Essentially they traded for David Garrard circa 2007 but didn't even get to the playoffs, now they still have a mediocre QB and won't have the pick back to draft a good QB. They've entered QB purgatory.

Who wouldn't take Garrard right now...? Unless you just started becoming a Jags fan, he is the last QB to give us any hope.

Really not much different than what is on the roster now. 3,905 yards, 23 TDs, 16 INTs, but Bortles actually has more rush yards, higher TD percentage, and less fumbles. Clearly if we are thinking Bortles is less than mediocre, than well, Bradford hasn't played "very well".

Too many fans are satisfied by mediocrity and that's why teams never improve.

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2017, 04:58 PM by jtmoney.)

(08-20-2017, 04:57 PM)B2hibry Wrote:

Really not much different than what is on the roster now. 3,905 yards, 23 TDs, 16 INTs, but Bortles actually has more rush yards, higher TD percentage, and less fumbles. Clearly if we are thinking Bortles is less than mediocre, than well, Bradford hasn't played "very well".

DG did it when it counted.  Bortles has an all time record of garbage time statistics.  I can't believe this is even being argued.

(08-20-2017, 04:49 PM)jtmoney Wrote: I love Coughlin, but if he is letting politics play in his decision to not look at Kap than he is making a mistake.  Football over politics.

You have to believe he is weighing the entirety of the situation.