Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
According to Mike Silver - Jags not looking at bringing in outside QB

I don't care which QB they roll with, honestly.. Lets just see some [BLEEP] improvement already..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-20-2017, 06:20 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote:
(08-20-2017, 04:50 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Only 20 TD's after starting an entire season, an 8-8 record on a team that had one of the top defenses in the NFL and no playoff appearance. Most of the time, rookie QB's throw more than 20 TD's in a season. It's all about getting into the endzone. Nothing else matters. That was NOT a successful season, especially after what all they gave up to get him.

Better season than we have had in YEARS!! I would take those wins and those stats right now firmly on entertainment purposes.
Kaepernick is no Bradford.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(08-20-2017, 05:09 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: I also dont care about "but but our draft position". None of that bs has worked out for us in the last decade. Win games, pick where you pick.

I like this
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(08-20-2017, 06:14 PM)FBT Wrote:
(08-20-2017, 04:22 PM)BklynJag Wrote: @mikesilver Right now the Jags' QB strategy seems to be: Hope Bortles has a good game Thursday, or pray Henne improves steeply and suddenly...

He also said Coughlin is the reason we are not bringing in Kap. 

Man, team is in disarray and we still in the preseason. It's baffling to me why no other QB was brought in during the off-season.

I'm confused.  In another thread you started, the Jaguars were reportedly one of the teams interested in McCarron.  You stressed that this reporter is a "top guy" and extremely credible.  So either Silver is completely wrong on this and the team has indeed explored their options outside of the current roster, or they haven't and your "top guy" was wrong.  

Which way should we play this?

As far as Coughlin being the reason Kaepernick is not an option here, I say thank God for Tom Coughlin.This notion that Kaepernick is head and shoulders better than what we have on the roster already is ludicrous.  He's pedestrian. He flashed for one year with Harbaugh, and that was it.   And even in that season, his stats were barely Garrardesque. 

I have no doubt every possible option to bring in either via trade or off the street has been evaluated, and the front office is more than likely not seeing anyone that's going to be brought in at this point to be the savior.  Either one of the guys on the roster is going to step up, or this team will be in the market for a high draft pick.  Simple as that.

None of these "reporters" have a clue what's happening behind the scenes.  All their tweets are pure speculation.  This front office isn't sharing anything with anyone outside of the organization.

Yes, they explored AJ McCarron during the offseason  but looks like they are staying put. It wasn't recent that the jags inquired about AJ.

(08-20-2017, 06:22 PM)FBT Wrote:
(08-20-2017, 06:20 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: Better season than we have had in YEARS!! I would take those wins and those stats right now firmly on entertainment purposes.
Kaepernick is no Bradford.

Your right, but Kap can at least run. I never agreed on Kaps stance at all, but to me would be an upgrade to what we have. At this point all I really want is at least a .500 season.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Coughlin isn't going to bring in a mediocre QB from outside the organization only to draft a new one next year especially if he has to give up a draft pick to do it

Your "top guy" never indicated when they reached out to Cincy.

Neither he nor Silver are operating out of the front office to know what the team is up to.

More often than not, what your "top guys" tweet out is purely their opinion and nothing more. Silver saying Coughlin is the reason for no Kaepernick signing is about as pointless as it gets in sports reporting. Coughlin is also the reason the team hasn't traded for Tom Brady, or signed every top free agent at every position this off season. That's his job to oversee all of this. If the team hasn't signed Kaepernick, it's about more than the politics of it. No other team has stepped up to sign him. Football has to factor into that.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(08-20-2017, 06:28 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote:
(08-20-2017, 06:22 PM)FBT Wrote: Kaepernick is no Bradford.

Your right, but Kap can at least run. I never agreed on Kaps stance at all, but to me would be an upgrade to what we have. At this point all I really want is at least a .500 season.

Bortles can run.  If that's the criteria we are reduced to at QB, we've already got that guy on the roster.

Bringing in mediocre talent just because he's not on the roster already, hoping for a .500 record doesn't make the team better long term. It hampers it.   

The team is better off going with what they have right now if the goal is to improve.  Either one of the guys on the roster steps up, or the team is in the mix for a top draft pick.

Henne? Tyrion Lannister can be out there and he will bat one of Henne's passes down

Anyone wanna join a fantasy league drafting at 8pm?

(08-20-2017, 06:42 PM)FBT Wrote:
(08-20-2017, 06:28 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: Your right, but Kap can at least run. I never agreed on Kaps stance at all, but to me would be an upgrade to what we have. At this point all I really want is at least a .500 season.

Bortles can run.  If that's the criteria we are reduced to at QB, we've already got that guy on the roster.

Bringing in mediocre talent just because he's not on the roster already, hoping for a .500 record doesn't make the team better long term. It hampers it.   

The team is better off going with what they have right now if the goal is to improve.  Either one of the guys on the roster steps up, or the team is in the mix for a top draft pick.

Disagree here.  There is no loss in bringing Kap here except hurt "feelings".  He had a 16/4 ratio I believe on TD/INT in 2016 and for a team that is now emphasizing no turnovers that gives our defense a chance to win.  You can still draft a QB next year.  Again, we aren't trading for him.  No risk, but hurt "feelings".

(08-20-2017, 04:50 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-20-2017, 04:42 PM)Frailbones Wrote: Maybe you should go look his stats up. 3900 yards 20 TDS 5 INTS with 71% completion. How would you characterize that?

Only 20 TD's after starting an entire season, an 8-8 record on a team that had one of the top defenses in the NFL and no playoff appearance. Most of the time, rookie QB's throw more than 20 TD's in a season. It's all about getting into the endzone. Nothing else matters. That was NOT a successful season, especially after what all they gave up to get him.
i dont know how much you actually follow the vikings, but last year their line was one of the worst offensive lines in football and their run game was nonexistent after AP went down. Teams loaded the box and he still scored 20 TDs and a 71% completion percentage when everyone and their dog knew they could only tthrow the ball, and he normally had under 3 sexonds to throw.  If thats not what we needed here i dont know [BLEEP] you want as a QB. But people.are going to gripe no matter what.
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

I told you that I thought that this was just an attempt by Marrone to coach Blake hard, while hoping the whole time that he retains his job. Personally I think that it'd be stupid to do anything else this year than start Blake week 1 for reasons I already explained. Also I don't know why we're freaking about an 8-13 for 65 yard game in Preseason game #2 where everyone around him was awful. Honestly I think that our local media gave this quarterback change story way more legs than it ever actually had because they can't get any real confirmed news from inside the building do to Doug/Toms agressive media restrictions. I'd imagine we will have some kind of an idea after Monday's practice when Doug talks to the media.

(08-20-2017, 05:43 PM)haveaseat Wrote:
(08-20-2017, 05:28 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: That's how you see it. Bringing in a guy to be your starter at this point when you'd have to redesign the offense around him doesn't seem like a winning move to me, but if you want Coughlin to desperately flail around going change for changes sake I think you're going to be disappointed.

This makes me actually laugh. Have you actually seen the stats for both QBs we do have since they've been in the league. You act like this playbook is designed by Bill Bellichick. This offense is run heavy. We just need a guy who can actually hit a receiver and throw a decent deep ball in play action.

If that's all you need, then Chad will do for this season.  And then we draft one.   I'd like to see a trade for a  guy that could give us a chance now, even if it cost a high draft pick.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(08-20-2017, 07:23 PM)archer56 Wrote:
(08-20-2017, 04:50 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Only 20 TD's after starting an entire season, an 8-8 record on a team that had one of the top defenses in the NFL and no playoff appearance. Most of the time, rookie QB's throw more than 20 TD's in a season. It's all about getting into the endzone. Nothing else matters. That was NOT a successful season, especially after what all they gave up to get him.
i dont know how much you actually follow the vikings, but last year their line was one of the worst offensive lines in football and their run game was nonexistent after AP went down. Teams loaded the box and he still scored 20 TDs and a 71% completion percentage when everyone and their dog knew they could only tthrow the ball, and he normally had under 3 sexonds to throw.  If thats not what we needed here i dont know [BLEEP] you want as a QB. But people.are going to gripe no matter what.

The only problem is that there is no Sam Bradford available for trade this year. The only thing close is Alex Smith but the chiefs don't have any interest in trading him as he currently gives them the best chance to win.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(08-20-2017, 07:38 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(08-20-2017, 07:23 PM)archer56 Wrote: i dont know how much you actually follow the vikings, but last year their line was one of the worst offensive lines in football and their run game was nonexistent after AP went down. Teams loaded the box and he still scored 20 TDs and a 71% completion percentage when everyone and their dog knew they could only tthrow the ball, and he normally had under 3 sexonds to throw.  If thats not what we needed here i dont know [BLEEP] you want as a QB. But people.are going to gripe no matter what.

The only problem is that there is no Sam Bradford available for trade this year. The only thing close is Alex Smith but the chiefs don't have any interest in trading him as he currently gives them the best chance to win.
I don't think the Eagles initially planned to trade Sam last year but they really liked Wentz.

Mahomes has apparently looked very good and Reid loves him. I don't think the team makes a trade for Smith but I honestly wouldn't rule it out. Chiefs may be ready for the Mahomes era.

(08-20-2017, 07:48 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(08-20-2017, 07:38 PM)knarnn Wrote: The only problem is that there is no Sam Bradford available for trade this year. The only thing close is Alex Smith but the chiefs don't have any interest in trading him as he currently gives them the best chance to win.
I don't think the Eagles initially planned to trade Sam last year but they really liked Wentz.

Mahomes has apparently looked very good and Reid loves him. I don't think the team makes a trade for Smith but I honestly wouldn't rule it out. Chiefs may be ready for the Mahomes era.

The chiefs are a playoff team WITH Smith. The Eagles weren't even with Bradford. That's the main difference.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

The eagles also didn't have anywhere near as good of a team as the chiefs

(08-20-2017, 07:23 PM)archer56 Wrote:

The same could be said for the Jaguars and Bortles managed 23 TD's through the air. Three more than Bradford. Look where that got us.

Bradford had 5 picks and a receiver and a half for the year and a 71% completion rate. Blake almost threw more pick sixs than bradford threw picks last year. If he played exactly the same we probably could have been tied 9-7 with the rest of the division