Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump pulling out of Afghanistan

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2017, 08:56 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

After numerous tweets complaining how stupid our leaders were with regard to staying in Afghanistan, Trump finally gets to take the initiative he's been desiring for years and pull out of Afghanistan.   Good to see things coming along as he planned.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/stat...83286.html

"Do not allow our very stupid leaders to sign a deal that keeps us in Afghanistan through 2024-with all costs by U.S.A.  MAKE AMERICA GREAT!"

5:12 AM - 21 Nov 2013

********************************************************************************************

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/stat...83286.html

"Let’s get out of Afghanistan. Our troops are being killed by the Afghanis we train and we waste billions there. Nonsense! Rebuild the USA."

2:55 PM - Jan 11, 2013

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

shortly after we move out, Isis will move in and so will the taliban...The UN needs to keep a strong military presence there or they will be back stronger than they were before

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2017, 09:15 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(08-21-2017, 09:00 AM)wrong_box Wrote: shortly after we move out, Isis will move in and so will the taliban...The UN needs to keep a strong military presence there or they will be back stronger than they were before

Agree, so pull out (like Trump said) while letting the other countries of the UN like France, England, Belgium, Germany and others take the lead and figure it out.  After all, they are the ones that are the most exposed.  

Gotta admit, I agree with Trump on this one.

Yank the Troops and put that $$ into US infrastructure !!!

Did Trump already address the nation at 9PM tonight? Can I borrow Doc Brown's time machine when you are done with it?

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2017, 09:23 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(08-21-2017, 09:16 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Did Trump already address the nation at 9PM tonight? Can I borrow Doc Brown's time machine when you are done with it?

He's been planning for this moment for years ......

(08-21-2017, 09:23 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-21-2017, 09:16 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Did Trump already address the nation at 9PM tonight? Can I borrow Doc Brown's time machine when you are done with it?

He's been planning for this moment for years ......

So, your entire post is based on assumption and not that someone can change their mind when they are in a position of power and have more facts?

Who will control the world heroin supply if we leave?

and there is this...."Trump Settles on Afghan Strategy Expected to Raise Troop Levels"

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/20/world...ml?mcubz=1

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2017, 09:51 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(08-21-2017, 09:26 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-21-2017, 09:23 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: He's been planning for this moment for years ......

So, your entire post is based on assumption and not that someone can change their mind when they are in a position of power and have more facts?

You're implying Obama was right all along by leaving some troops in Afghanistan while Trump was spatting out uneducated nonsense in his tweets.

(08-21-2017, 09:46 AM)wrong_box Wrote: and there is this...."Trump Settles on Afghan Strategy Expected to Raise Troop Levels"

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/20/world...ml?mcubz=1

Say it isn't so !!!

Trump doing the exact opposite than what he stated during the Obama era !!!   

NO FREAKING WAY ..... THAT CAN'T BE TRUE.

.... oh well, at least we're placing a stranglehold on imports from China  !!!

(08-21-2017, 09:00 AM)wrong_box Wrote: shortly after we move out, Isis will move in and so will the taliban...The UN needs to keep a strong military presence there or they will be back stronger than they were before

From what I've read, Trump is going to start pulling US troops out.  They're going to be back filled with private contractors who will continue to work with the Afghani military.  Many of these contractors are former special forces members. I think that increase will be contractors and not necessarily US troops.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(08-21-2017, 02:01 PM)FBT Wrote:

From what I've read, Trump is going to start pulling US troops out.  They're going to be back filled with private contractors who will continue to work with the Afghani military.  Many of these contractors are former special forces members.  I think that increase will be contractors and not necessarily US troops.

US Forces?  US Dollars ??

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2017, 09:33 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Trump proved not to be the hot head some make him out to be. Admitted mistake of thinking we could pull out of Afghanistan. Clearly does not intend to make the same mistake Barack Obama made and let another ISIS spring up.

Kuddos Mr. President.

(08-21-2017, 09:33 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Trump proved not to be the hot head some make him out to be. Admitted mistake of thinking we could pull out of Afghanistan. Clearly does not intend to make the same mistake Barack Obama made and let another ISIS spring up.

Kuddos Mr. President.

lol ... at least you get to cut and paste every response. Saves time I'm sure.

So, no real change in policy. I'm sure he'll get an attaboy from Obama.

Good thing he was only kidding on the campaign trail. Talk about only telling people what they want to hear.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

You think he will get an attaboy from the guy who is responsible for ISIS? I doubt it.

(08-21-2017, 09:58 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You think he will get an attaboy from the guy who is responsible for ISIS? I doubt it.

Responsible for ISIS? hahahahaha ... you really need to lay off the Sean Hannity.

What would Obama find objectionable to Trump's "policy"?

Who controls the opium?

[Image: MVxFYa]

(08-22-2017, 08:17 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Who controls the opium?

[Image: MVxFYa]

Worried you won't be able to obtain some any longer?

I'm sure Alex Jones sells it in some form or another.

(08-21-2017, 10:05 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(08-21-2017, 09:58 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You think he will get an attaboy from the guy who is responsible for ISIS? I doubt it.

Responsible for ISIS? hahahahaha ... you really need to lay off the Sean Hannity.

What is your version of how ISIS came to be?

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2017, 10:56 AM by realtorpat.)

with all those kids you wouldn't think Trump knows how to do such a thing

(08-21-2017, 10:05 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:

Watch the PBS documentary "Losing Iraq"  Has nothing to do with Hannity and is a really good video to explain the poopshow that is iraq.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

We are going to tell Afghanistan and the 39 countries in NATO how many troops we have deployed there, but we will not tell the American people. That makes a whole lot of sense. I guess it will add fuel to the "too many leaks" fire.
Only a chump boos the home team!