Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hurns on the Trade Block?

(08-23-2017, 04:51 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 03:55 PM)knarnn Wrote: The only WR who has a realistic chance of being traded is Greene, considering he's squarely on the roster bubble. Given the fact that Arob is an impending free agent next year and the injury history with Lee, we would be fools to trade Hurns, outside of a starting caliber QB.

Greene is about to get waived and carries zero trade value. The only WR on the roster with a chance of being traded would be Hurns allowing the Jaguars to get out from under their new contract with him not to mention a possible third or fourth round pick. The idea starts making sense when you consider the emergence of Keelan Cole and Dede Westbrook. The Jaguars could wipe Hurns contract off the books while fielding ARob, Lee, Benn, Westbrook and Cole at WR.  I've been considering this possibiilty well before O'Halloran ventured a guess.

Hurns would not bring enough value to get us a starter in return.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-23-2017, 05:05 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 04:51 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
Greene is about to get waived and carries zero trade value. The only WR on the roster with a chance of being traded would be Hurns allowing the Jaguars to get out from under their new contract with him not to mention a possible third or fourth round pick. The idea starts making sense when you consider the emergence of Keelan Cole and Dede Westbrook. The Jaguars could wipe Hurns contract off the books while fielding ARob, Lee, Benn, Westbrook and Cole at WR.  I've been considering this possibiilty well before O'Halloran ventured a guess.

Hurns would not bring enough value to get us a starter in return.

That has nothing to do with anything.

Hurns has enough value to get us a third or fourth round pick while taking his salary off our hands and opening up a valuable roster spot. 

'02

I'd trade Lee for a 3rd as well

(08-23-2017, 05:27 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 05:05 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Hurns would not bring enough value to get us a starter in return.

Hurns has enough value to get us a third or fourth round pick while taking his salary off our hands and opening up a valuable roster spot. 

That contract extension he signed is a major deterrent to any team that might consider making a trade.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

If I'm Cough-well - I'm not trading anybody unless it lands me an upgrade at guard immediately.

I'm not trading away a 1k receiver. I'd trade Lee in a minute though.

(08-23-2017, 06:28 PM)FBT Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 05:27 PM)Jags02 Wrote: That has nothing to do with anything.

That contract extension he signed is a major deterrent to any team that might consider making a trade.

Not sure about that.   His contract isn't bad if he is healthy.  I think a team trading for a guy that will be a free agent at season end would be more of a deterrent to a team not knowing if he will stick around.  With Hurns you know you will have him for at least 3 more years.

(08-23-2017, 03:28 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: BCC is going to run with this as "real news".

From the "article".

Quote:Jaguars beat writer Ryan O’Hallaran guessing that’s what the team wants to do.

More nonsense.

BOOM!!!!

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2017/8/23/...guars-2017
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

It's crazy to me that people would want to trade Lee over Hurns. There's clearly a huge difference in terms of talent inbetween the two. Hurns makes the most sense considering his contract as we'll likely try to lock up one of the other two if not both.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2017, 08:47 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(08-23-2017, 05:27 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 05:05 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Hurns would not bring enough value to get us a starter in return.

I don't see Hurns getting us anything more than a 5th round pick.

(08-23-2017, 08:41 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: It's crazy to me that people would want to trade Lee over Hurns. There's clearly a huge difference in terms of talent inbetween the two. Hurns makes the most sense considering his contract as we'll likely try to lock up one of the other two if not both.

I just don't consider Lee to be a game breaker and I don't see him as a possession receiver either. He's just kinda average.

Lee is so average. I don't know why some think he's so awesome. He's had 3 TDs with 851 yards. I agree with Theo-linematters. He's kinda average. On the other hand Hurns went for 1000 yards and 10 TDs in 2015.

There's no way I'd trade that away. Lee is the dime-a-dozen type guy.

(08-23-2017, 09:16 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Lee is so average. I don't know why some think he's so awesome. He's had 3 TDs with 851 yards. I agree with Theo-linematters. He's kinda average. On the other hand Hurns went for 1000 yards and 10 TDs in 2015.

Lee did that with Bortles playing like crap, Hurns did it when Bortles was playing decent as far as making plays.

Lee is a much better WR then Hurns has way more talent
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Last fine i checked hurns has finished more seasons healthy than lee and lee just broke himself in practice for the third time in four preseasons. Lee might be the better receiver maybe, but if he can't stay in the field (he hasn't) then what good is he. Additionally we need a possession receiver and hurns is the only one we really have.
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2017, 10:39 PM by J-Mizzal.)

(08-23-2017, 09:43 PM)archer56 Wrote: Last fine i checked hurns has finished more seasons healthy than lee and lee just broke himself in practice for the third time in four preseasons.  Lee might be the better receiver maybe, but if he can't stay in the field (he hasn't) then what good is he.  Additionally we need a possession receiver and hurns is the only one we really have.

Lee has played 39 games Hurns has played 42, Hurns has been hurt just as much as Lee, Lee has been hurt a lot in camp and preseason the past few years, but as far as games go Hurns isnt so far over him
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2017, 08:10 AM by Caldrac.)

There may actually be something to this. Lageman said earlier this week on the Jaguars Today show that he doesn't think Hurns is a lock to make this team. And he doesn't believe he's worth that $7M - $10M cap hit right now. They may want to either move him away or at least rework his contract that benefits the team and cap more than it does his pockets.

Which I agree with. He had a good rookie year. A solid 2015 campaign (mostly due to garbage time, same as Robinson in 2015) and then he was dinged up a lot in 2016. But, if the front office feels they can get away with Robinson, Lee and now Westbrook and potentially Cole. You really don't need to keep Hurns around at that price tag.

And, if you can flip his contract along with the fact that he was undrafted and you can get a solid player of equal or better value at a position of need in addition to a draft pick. I say go for it.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(08-24-2017, 08:08 AM)Caldrac Wrote: There may actually be something to this. Lageman said earlier this week on the Jaguars Today show that he doesn't think Hurns is a lock to make this team. And he doesn't believe he's worth that $7M - $10M cap hit right now. They may want to either move him away or at least rework his contract that benefits the team and cap more than it does his pockets.

Which I agree with. He had a good rookie year. A solid 2015 campaign (mostly due to garbage time, same as Robinson in 2015) and then he was dinged up a lot in 2016. But, if the front office feels they can get away with Robinson, Lee and now Westbrook and potentially Cole. You really don't need to keep Hurns around at that price tag.

And, if you can flip his contract along with the fact that he was undrafted and you can get a solid player of equal or better value at a position of need in addition to a draft pick. I say go for it.

Where's the possession receiver in that mix? I don't see one.

They are not going to trade Hurns.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(08-24-2017, 08:08 AM)Caldrac Wrote: There may actually be something to this. Lageman said earlier this week on the Jaguars Today show that he doesn't think Hurns is a lock to make this team. And he doesn't believe he's worth that $7M - $10M cap hit right now. They may want to either move him away or at least rework his contract that benefits the team and cap more than it does his pockets.

Not a lock to make this team? Lol, he is guaranteed his whole salary this year 7 mil.  He will def. make the team. Hurns is our most clutch player on the team.  At least Hurns has to get his head taken off before he misses a game or gets burnt.  Not so much for Lee.  Not to mention Lee will probably try to get about 10mil a year alsi

(08-23-2017, 09:43 PM)archer56 Wrote: Last fine i checked hurns has finished more seasons healthy than lee and lee just broke himself in practice for the third time in four preseasons.  Lee might be the better receiver maybe, but if he can't stay in the field (he hasn't) then what good is he.  Additionally we need a possession receiver and hurns is the only one we really have.

So, how exactly does Lee bring greater trade value?  If he's not on the field due to injuries, you think teams would be lining up to throw picks at the Jags to get him?

Neither guy has much trade value.  Hurns and that contract make him unappealing to any team unless they're offering up a 6th or 7th rounder for him.  That's not worth the phone call.

Somewhere, O'Halloran is sitting in a corner having a good laugh at how a throw away tweet has gone viral to the point where it's being discussed on ESPN.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(08-23-2017, 09:16 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Lee is so average. I don't know why some think he's so awesome. He's had 3 TDs with 851 yards. I agree with Theo-linematters. He's kinda average. On the other hand Hurns went for 1000 yards and 10 TDs in 2015.

Lee is just a much better athlete and receiver than Hurns. 

He is a superior football player.  It's painfully obvious to me. He's much faster, has better hands, and makes better adjustments to an off-target football. 

You have to actually watch them play. The stats will not tell you much in this case. 

I find it strange how many folks don't see this.