Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bowanko to start at LG tonight!

On the Jaguars homepage it has a list of projected starters for tonights Preseason Game #3 against Carolina.

Lost in all the Henne starting over Bortles drama is the return of Luke Bowanko to the starting lineup!! 

Honestly, I thought he looked great at C his rookie year. I didn't understand why they brought in Wisniewski the next year (aside from the Olson connection from Oakland) and in that vein why they never gave him a legitimate shot at another spot on the OLine. Since Linder kicked further inside he's been solidly the backup C from what I've seen, and they tried to convert him to LT; which I never understood considering the revolving door of Trash that's been our Guard Position on both sides.

I'm excited to see what he can do, it's maddening to see good players on the OLine sit because they're not technically a Guard and have them trot out Cann, Omameh, Joeckel etc. because they fit the description on the roster listing of "Guard" only for them to get mauled. 

Hopefully this pays dividends and can solidify that half of the Line!!
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Nice

Luke is a mean man.
If healthy he will help us gain respect

Also noteworthy, is that Keelan Cole is listed as the starting WR opposit ARob. I know Lee is out, but I thought that Hurns was back healthy? are they not risking injury bc there's a trade in the works? is he not fully recovered? or has Cole just earned the starting nod with his stellar play thus far thru camp/preseason?
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Didn't Bo suffer a series of injuries along the way?

Nice to see him back.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(08-24-2017, 12:01 PM)Firesky Wrote: Also noteworthy, is that Keelan Cole is listed as the starting WR opposit ARob. I know Lee is out, but I thought that Hurns was back healthy? are they not risking injury bc there's a trade in the works? is he not fully recovered? or has Cole just earned the starting nod with his stellar play thus far thru camp/preseason?

They may just intend to play Hurns in the slot - where he's played the vast majority of his snaps the past two seasons. Slot receivers don't make the "starters" list.

(08-24-2017, 12:02 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Didn't Bo suffer a series of injuries along the way?

Nice to see him back.

Yes. He's had two injuries that kept him out for extended periods of time.

Sweet, always like Bo

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2017, 12:36 PM by knarnn.)

(08-24-2017, 12:01 PM)Firesky Wrote: Also noteworthy, is that Keelan Cole is listed as the starting WR opposit ARob. I know Lee is out, but I thought that Hurns was back healthy? are they not risking injury bc there's a trade in the works? is he not fully recovered? or has Cole just earned the starting nod with his stellar play thus far thru camp/preseason?

[font=-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, 'Segoe UI', Roboto, Ubuntu, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif]Brent Martineau @BrentASJax

[/font]

Should see Hurns in action tonight. Still not completely sure why he sat last week but he will play some vs Carolina. #ASJax  #Jaguars
12:26 PM · Aug 24, 2017

(08-24-2017, 12:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

They may just intend to play Hurns in the slot - where he's played the vast majority of his snaps the past two seasons. Slot receivers don't make the "starters" list.

Not only that but the team seems to prefer teaching their young WRs to learn the outside first before moving into the slot. Both Cole and Westbrook have worked almost exclusively from the outside during camp.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I have my doubts about his ability to hold up against a big, powerful DT/NT...but I've been wrong before.

We shall see.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2017, 01:15 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(08-24-2017, 12:36 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I have my doubts about his ability to hold up against a big, powerful DT/NT...but I've been wrong before.

We shall see.

I always th out he was a good run blocker and opponents power and strength wasn't a problem for him.  But the good pass rushers is my question. I think our run blocking will be better with him and he can get to the next level as well

(08-24-2017, 12:32 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(08-24-2017, 12:01 PM)Firesky Wrote: Also noteworthy, is that Keelan Cole is listed as the starting WR opposit ARob. ...

(08-24-2017, 12:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: They may just intend to play Hurns in the slot - where he's played the vast majority of his snaps the past two seasons. Slot receivers don't make the "starters" list.

Not only that but the team seems to prefer teaching their young WRs to learn the outside first before moving into the slot. Both Cole and Westbrook have worked almost exclusively from the outside during camp.

Yes. I mentioned this earlier in the Hurns thread. Hurns is the only really proven slot receiver on the roster right now. It's why I think they aren't trading him personally. I know Hackett will move his top three guys around some, and Greene is an option in the slot, but Westbrook isn't ready to play there (based on Marrone's system of development)  and neither is Cole.

Good to hear! Huge Bow fan and think his style of play translates well to the guard position. He has been able to handle some big dudes hovering over him at center, so he should be able to smack some DTs around at the guard position. We'll see how his technique holds up.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Not a good showing

I want to pull my eyeballs out watch this trash OL.

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2017, 10:57 PM by knarnn.)

We suck upfront as a whole and Bowanko did nothing to help himself win the LG position.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Unfortunately, neither guard position was very good. RG is a real issue.

But but but, they need time to Gel according to FBT.

That gelling crap is overated. The weakest and most penalized side of this O-line is the side that played all last year together. They need to get in that playbook and weight room is what I see.

This is why you don't ignore your most glaring positional need from the year before. OG should've been addressed in the offseason, but instead we're stuck rotating the same old duds we had last season.

(08-25-2017, 02:31 AM)GTheO-LineMatters Wrote: This is why you don't ignore your most glaring positional need from the year before. OG should've been addressed in the offseason, but instead we're stuck rotating the same old duds we had last season.

Hard to argue with that.