Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post Game QB discussion

Henne is the best chance of winning.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Henne gives you the best chance to lose a close game or go an entire half without a first down.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

(08-24-2017, 11:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-24-2017, 11:02 PM)wg171 Wrote: Can't the Jags just cut Blake before having to pay the 19+ million?

Cut the best qb on the roster? Absurd.

Can they cut him after the season w/o the 19+ hit?

Quote:Can they cut him after the season w/o the 19+ hit?
Yes.

(08-24-2017, 11:09 PM)realtorpat Wrote: Henne gives you the best chance to lose a close game or go an entire half without a first down.

Bortles gives the other team the best chance to win the game.

I feel that the difference between them is almost non existent.

Henne just moves the ball less consistently.

(08-24-2017, 11:11 PM)TearExtractor Wrote:
(08-24-2017, 11:09 PM)realtorpat Wrote: Henne gives you the best chance to lose a close game or go an entire half without a first down.

Bortles gives the other team the best chance to win the game.

Tear is upset. Says Henne is the best Qb on the roster even after an entire half of play and he amasses what, 73 total passing yards? Please. Blake may not be worlds better than Henne, but he is noticeably better, even when he was thrown in as a rookie it was noticeable. Blake gives us the best chance to win, and Allen would suffice as a backup. Henne should be the clear cut guy gone by the end of preseason. Dude hasn't done anything notable in his career, and hasn't developed into anything. Its time to let the young QB in Allen get the backup role.

(08-24-2017, 11:16 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(08-24-2017, 11:11 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: Bortles gives the other team the best chance to win the game.

Tear is upset. Says Henne is the best Qb on the roster even after an entire half of play and he amasses what, 73 total passing yards? Please. Blake may not be worlds better than Henne, but he is noticeably better, even when he was thrown in as a rookie it was noticeable. Blake gives us the best chance to win, and Allen would suffice as a backup. Henne should be the clear cut guy gone by the end of preseason. Dude hasn't done anything notable in his career, and hasn't developed into anything. Its time to let the young QB in Allen get the backup role.

You realize Bortles played against backups, right?

(08-24-2017, 11:09 PM)wg171 Wrote:
(08-24-2017, 11:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Cut the best qb on the roster? Absurd.

Can they cut him after the season w/o the 19+ hit?

As long as he isn't hurt, yes. That's the potential 2018 salary cap wrecking gamble.

If they want the best chance to win, they need to take the training wheels off of Blake and stop with the limit the turnover pressure on him. The ONLY way we can move the ball with this offense is to start slinging the ball all over the place. You will have to live with the turnovers. It will cost us some games, but it will also win us some games. It is going to be impossible for ANY quarterback, Tom Brady or not, to move this ball efficiently and without turnover with no run game and predictable playcalling.

One decade, when the line is fixed and our run game is consistent and above average, Blake will be able to limit his turnovers by throwing into larger windows than the tiny ones he is forced to throw into now.

Let him be the gunslinger that is in his nature and stop crying about the turnovers as a result.

We came into this game with three backup quarterbacks.

We left this game with three backup quarterbacks.

Anyone want to just throw Shane Wynn out there and go single wing?

(08-24-2017, 11:19 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: If they want the best chance to win, they need to take the training wheels off of Blake and stop with the limit the turnover pressure on him.  The ONLY way we can move the ball with this offense is to start slinging the ball all over the place.  You will have to live with the turnovers.  It will cost us some games, but it will also win us some games.  It is going to be impossible for ANY quarterback, Tom Brady or not, to move this ball efficiently and without turnover with no run game and predictable playcalling.  

One decade, when the line is fixed and our run game is consistent and above average, Blake will be able to limit his turnovers by throwing into larger windows than the tiny ones he is forced to throw into now.

Let him be the gunslinger that is in his nature and stop crying about the turnovers as a result.

I agree with this, but that isn't Marrone's philosophy at all. He wants to run it and limit turnovers. That is who he is.

(08-24-2017, 11:22 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(08-24-2017, 11:19 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: If they want the best chance to win, they need to take the training wheels off of Blake and stop with the limit the turnover pressure on him.  The ONLY way we can move the ball with this offense is to start slinging the ball all over the place.  You will have to live with the turnovers.  It will cost us some games, but it will also win us some games.  It is going to be impossible for ANY quarterback, Tom Brady or not, to move this ball efficiently and without turnover with no run game and predictable playcalling.  

I agree with this, but that isn't Marrone's philosophy at all. He wants to run it and limit turnovers. That is who he is.

I agree. However we can't run it. The only way to limit turnovers is by refusing to throw the ball into tight windows on tough down and distances. AKA conceding almost every offensive series and hoping that your defense or special teams can win the game for you, which clearly (judging back the lack of forced turnovers for over a decade) they can't.

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2017, 11:28 PM by JagsFanSince95.)

(08-24-2017, 11:18 PM)jg77 Wrote:
(08-24-2017, 11:16 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Tear is upset. Says Henne is the best Qb on the roster even after an entire half of play and he amasses what, 73 total passing yards? Please. Blake may not be worlds better than Henne, but he is noticeably better, even when he was thrown in as a rookie it was noticeable. Blake gives us the best chance to win, and Allen would suffice as a backup. Henne should be the clear cut guy gone by the end of preseason. Dude hasn't done anything notable in his career, and hasn't developed into anything. Its time to let the young QB in Allen get the backup role.

You realize Bortles played against backups, right?

Uh Yeah, except I don't have a gold fish memory. Henne SUCKED in every regular season contest in a Jags uniform but a few select games. His best outing was when Blackmon was still playing for us. He is terrible. The second Bortles took over it was a clear cut improvement to Henne. Thats how bad Henne is. Blake is a better QB.

I understand. You are upset over a preseason game.. No need to get irrational though. This is what you want for an entire 2018 campaign? You have to be defying reality to think Henne is a better option. Its insane.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...nnCh01.htm

On Jags post game they are speculating that Henne and Blake play 1/4 each in Game 4. I kind of assumed they would name a starter and Allen would play Game 4

(08-24-2017, 11:25 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote:
(08-24-2017, 11:22 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I agree with this, but that isn't Marrone's philosophy at all. He wants to run it and limit turnovers. That is who he is.

I agree.  However we can't run it.  The only way to limit turnovers is by refusing to throw the ball into tight windows on tough down and distances.  AKA conceding almost every offensive series and hoping that your defense or special teams can win the game for you, which clearly (judging back the lack of forced turnovers for over a decade) they can't.

Exactly. Though I will say I am optimistic the defense has more turnovers this year. The aren't game planning yet, and you got to hope the defensive line is better than what has been shown. Honestly I have liked what has been shown from Fowler so far. Didn't get a chance to play tonight, but you get him, Ngakaoue, Campbell, and Jackson out there with Ramsey, Bouye, Gip, and Church (heck he has been every where on the field, love not having to see Cyp anymore) I have to be optimistic about that. 

To the point though, you've got to hope Marrone and Hackett change up their philosophy to adapt to the talent at hand. That is the difference between great coaches and good ones. You can't force a player to be something he isn't, or an offense to be something they aren't. There is no way this is a power run team.

I don't care about a starting QB competition going against guys trying to make the 53 man roster. Bortles is trash. Henne is even bigger trash. Bortles is our man this year.

"BORTLES WINDS UP FOR THE THROW INTO TRIPLE COVERAGE"

*cut to VIP box*

[Image: 1uoukt.jpg]

Fred Taylor says he would pick Bortles.

(08-24-2017, 11:37 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I don't care about a starting QB competition going against guys trying to make the 53 man roster. Bortles is trash. Henne is even bigger trash. Bortles is our man this year.

This is pretty much my stance on it. I would go a step further and cut Henne though. There is no reason to keep him when Allen has done well in just about every situation he has had this year. I would not lose sleep if he was our QB 2. I just don't ever want to see Henne and start, starter, or starting in the same sentence ever again in my life. Dude is bad.