Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Jaguars owner 'absolutely' open to signing Kaepernick

Jaguars owner 'absolutely' open to signing Kaepernick

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...kaepernick

The Jaguars have issues at quarterback. Still not ready to name either Chad Henne or Blake Bortles as the Week 1 starter, owner Shad Khan said he'd "absolutely" be open to signing Colin Kaepernick.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Only if the football people want to sign him...

if they did... they already would have, I think.

This is PR cover to leave it up to the football people if the football people have no intention of signing him.

The owner must be an idiot.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

he should have been signed after preseason game 2... If anyone can actually tell me he isnt better than henne or bortles, they are lying.

Even if it's just him running half the time, that's better than what we have. We need a mobile QB behind this line. Talk to him and if he's willing to come here and not be a distraction then sign him asap

(08-25-2017, 10:51 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: he should have been signed after preseason game 2... If anyone can actually tell me he isnt better than henne or bortles, they are lying.

Even if it's just him running half the time, that's better than what we have.  We need a mobile QB behind this line.  Talk to him and if he's willing to come here and not be a distraction then sign him asap

That's the problem,  he's a distraction and not a good one.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

I don't understand the fascination with him. I do understand the ridiculous state of our QB play but still....
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(08-25-2017, 11:05 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: I don't understand the fascination with him.

What's not to understand? He's the best QB out there for the taking, and would probably come at a very reasonable price. The downside is that he's a distraction, especially somewhere like Jacksonville. But given how much of a distraction our existing stable of QBs are causing with their play...

(08-25-2017, 11:13 AM)iapetus Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 11:05 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: I don't understand the fascination with him.

What's not to understand? He's the best QB out there for the taking, and would probably come at a very reasonable price. The downside is that he's a distraction, especially somewhere like Jacksonville. But given how much of a distraction our existing stable of QBs are causing with their play...

He is not a better QB than Henne or Bortles.  They are all comparable.

(08-25-2017, 11:13 AM)Jest101 Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 11:13 AM)iapetus Wrote: What's not to understand? He's the best QB out there for the taking, and would probably come at a very reasonable price. The downside is that he's a distraction, especially somewhere like Jacksonville. But given how much of a distraction our existing stable of QBs are causing with their play...

He's better than Henne, and competition for Blake.. I'm not saying this should happen.. but surely that much is true..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Iapetus, you know we lose with dignity in Jagland. We only like blue bloods. We've frowned on many a QB/player, available or not.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(08-25-2017, 11:22 AM)BritJag Wrote: Iapetus, you know we lose with dignity in Jagland. We only like blue bloods. We've frowned on many a QB/player, available or not.

Well, I'm quite frowny when it comes to Kaepernick too. But Bortles and Henne are finding a way to turn that smile upside down as well... And the fact that Allen hasn't been in the running for this QB battle doesn't bode well for him.

(08-25-2017, 11:22 AM)BritJag Wrote: Iapetus, you know we lose with dignity in Jagland. We only like blue bloods. We've frowned on many a QB/player, available or not.

David Garrard says hello.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(08-25-2017, 11:13 AM)Jest101 Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 11:13 AM)iapetus Wrote: What's not to understand? He's the best QB out there for the taking, and would probably come at a very reasonable price. The downside is that he's a distraction, especially somewhere like Jacksonville. But given how much of a distraction our existing stable of QBs are causing with their play...

He is better, how many Super Bowls or AFC championship games has either lead a team to? 0

Kap was on one of the worst roasters in the NFL last year and managed to have a 90 passer rating and 16 tds and 4 INTs, Bortles and Henne never been that effective in their careers
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

The object is to get the best players available to try to win games. Unfortunately, we have an issue at QB and Kap is the only player worth bringing in. Something has to be done from a personnel perspective.

(08-25-2017, 11:34 AM)J-Mizzal Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 11:13 AM)Jest101 Wrote: He is not a better QB than Henne or Bortles.  They are all comparable.

He is better, how many Super Bowls or AFC championship games has either lead a team to? 0

Kap was on one of the worst roasters in the NFL last year and managed to have a 90 passer rating and 16 tds and 4 INTs, Bortles and Henne never been that effective in their careers

OK, so why hasn't Kap been signed by any of the other 31 teams in the NFL?

(08-25-2017, 11:35 AM)Jest101 Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 11:34 AM)J-Mizzal Wrote: He is better, how many Super Bowls or AFC championship games has either lead a team to? 0

OK, so why hasn't Kap been signed by any of the other 31 teams in the NFL?

Come on now, you know the answer to that, it has nothing to do with football
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

I smell this being moved to the political forum soon Big Grin

(08-25-2017, 11:34 AM)iam Wrote: The object is to get the best players available to try to win games. Unfortunately, we have an issue at QB and Kap is the only player worth bringing in. Something has to be done from a personnel perspective.

From a strictly football (not politics) point of view, it's hard NOT to agree..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(08-25-2017, 11:28 AM)iapetus Wrote:

Well, I'm quite frowny when it comes to Kaepernick too. But Bortles and Henne are finding a way to turn that smile upside down as well... And the fact that Allen hasn't been in the running for this QB battle doesn't bode well for him.
When Carolina blitzed on 3rd and 4th down of the Jaguars last offensive plays Allen showed why he isn't in the conversation... On the 4th down all he had to do was throw the ball where the blitz was coming from. The receiver  was wide open, but he panicked.