Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Jaguars owner 'absolutely' open to signing Kaepernick

Mojo, lol, DG. Oh ya, he was really loved in Jacksonville. Do we even like anybody? Thinking about it. There were times when we nearly sent JSmooth to roast. MJD was scorched following bargate. Freddy T had his issues with fans. Water cooler Brunnel. Even the great TBos was vilified post injury, and now. 

Anyway, back to the topic.  I don't want Kaep here by the way, for sanity. There will be so much angst and negative energy, he'll be run outta here faster than you can say equity.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-25-2017, 11:35 AM)Jest101 Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 11:34 AM)J-Mizzal Wrote: He is better, how many Super Bowls or AFC championship games has either lead a team to? 0

Kap was on one of the worst roasters in the NFL last year and managed to have a 90 passer rating and 16 tds and 4 INTs, Bortles and Henne never been that effective in their careers

OK, so why hasn't Kap been signed by any of the other 31 teams in the NFL?

I agree, you know the answer to that one.

I wouldn't be surprised if the other NFL owners and Goodell are in cahoots to get us to sign him to get the media and fans off their back.  I have no problems with him.  If the Jaguars don't want any distractions they could have at least brought RG3 in for a work out at minimum.  Like I said, the handling of the QB position this year is mind boggling.  I understand wanting to give Bortles one more chance...but Henne as the only other option?  C'mon now.

(08-25-2017, 11:36 AM)J-Mizzal Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 11:35 AM)Jest101 Wrote: OK, so why hasn't Kap been signed by any of the other 31 teams in the NFL?

Come on now, you know the answer to that, it has nothing to do with football

Of course it does. If Kap were the next coming of Tom Brady on the football field, you can bet someone would have signed him. The non-football issues hurt his stock, but they're not the only thing keeping him unemployed.

Here's the bottom line. The QBs who can help this team are maybe 2 on the list of free agents remaining:|
Colin Kaepernick
Robert Griffin III
Shaun Hill
Christian Ponder
Zach Mettenberger
Aaron Murray
Keith Wenning
Bruce Gradkowski
Dylan Thompson
Zach Terrell
Charlie Whitehurst
Sean Renfree

The staff rolled the dice with Bortles and it hasn't paid off. If they want to make make a change, the only answer is let Bortles walk and bring in Kaepernick or Griffin. Any other discussion is moot. Or you keep the status quo and it really doesn't matter who starts - you pray for a miracle.

I think Shady McCoy spoke the truth. If Kaep was good enough to be a bonafide starter, he'd have a job despite the distraction. But he isn't. He is a fringe starter / high level backup. Not worth it to have a guy who is that much of a distraction if they either wont play much or is only playing if your team's season is going down the crapper.

Lots of guys have taken a knee during the anthem and a lot of them still have jobs.

This team needs a running QB with the trash we have at oline.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2017, 12:48 PM by Kane.)

(08-25-2017, 11:36 AM)J-Mizzal Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 11:35 AM)Jest101 Wrote: OK, so why hasn't Kap been signed by any of the other 31 teams in the NFL?

Come on now, you know the answer to that, it has nothing to do with football

So...
if Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Russel Wilson
Big Ben
Andrew Luck
or a number of other GOOD QBs were to sit or protest they too would be black balled?

He isn't good enough

He might be better than some backups in the league... Hell, maybe even better than a couple current starters..

But not good ENOUGH

(08-25-2017, 12:33 PM)BklynJag Wrote: This team needs a running QB with the trash we have at oline.

You quite literally repeat the same stuff over and over in every thread.

Bortles is often lauded for his mobility...
do we not already have a running QB?
If they don't call designed QB runs... what does it matter?

It's a shame he couldn't avoid that question. It's going to be an awkward and on going trend now revolving around our incompetent QB play from Bortles and Henne. And it's going to hover around here like a bad rain cloud.

It's going to divide the fan base too if he does sign him. He let Spike Lee, a washed up director punk him into responding to his thoughts and beliefs all because he pony'd up $1M to Trump.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(08-25-2017, 01:01 PM)Caldrac Wrote: It's a shame he couldn't avoid that question. It's going to be an awkward and on going trend now revolving around our incompetent QB play from Bortles and Henne. And it's going to hover around here like a bad rain cloud.

It's going to divide the fan base too if he does sign him. He let Spike Lee, a washed up director punk him into responding to his thoughts and beliefs all because he pony'd up $1M to Trump.

The only thing that is going to unite the fan base is winning. If a new QB can do that, that is the right direction to take.

Shad should have responded much differently to Spike Lee. Of all owners in the league I would imagine Shad would know what it would be like for people to judge him based on his race/religion. Because Shad donated to a president's inauguration based on his economic policies and political views he's automatically a racist now is pathetic.

Spike Lee either deserved no response, or a simple [BLEEP] you Spike, you don't know and I don't owe you an explanation.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2017, 01:34 PM by Caldrac.)

(08-25-2017, 01:07 PM)FJohnson Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 01:01 PM)Caldrac Wrote: It's a shame he couldn't avoid that question. It's going to be an awkward and on going trend now revolving around our incompetent QB play from Bortles and Henne. And it's going to hover around here like a bad rain cloud.

The only thing that is going to unite the fan base is winning. If a new QB can do that, that is the right direction to take.

I doubt it. I've heard plenty of people here that will flat out boycott and not even bother watching or showing up to support this team if he's signed. Regardless of wins. I honestly don't mind him being here. Doesn't bother me. I may not like all of the things he's done and said during his protest but it's his right to protest and do what he did. 

But... this is a very, very volatile and interesting situation to be apart of.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(08-25-2017, 10:51 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: The owner must be an idiot.

not really... all he is saying is if my people think he's good enough they can sign him...not such a stupid statement

These takes are bordering on political. Board police please! We are now questioning the owner's right to freedom of speech? He answered because he wanted to. Who cares how that is perceived? Plus it was an honest diplomatic take, deferring to the 'football people'.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Wrong forum

This is a kind warning to a few certain posters (you know who you are).  We have a different sub-forum for politics and that's where it will stay.  Any further political discussion in this sub-forum will result in disciplinary action.

With that being said, I do understand that discussing this subject is difficult without bringing political opinion into it.  What Mr. Kahn was answering was whether or not he is open to signing Kaepernick if the team's football personnel wanted to do so.   I would assume the team's "football personnel" starts with Coughlin, Caldwell and Marrone.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2017, 02:11 PM by ArtieZiff.)

(08-25-2017, 11:13 AM)iapetus Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 11:05 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: I don't understand the fascination with him.

What's not to understand?

[Image: guGIH-6Y2bHDR225kWjkmbFggds1_LY1W1uCQYl9...5eaf6c12ce]

(08-25-2017, 02:10 PM)ArtieZiff Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 11:13 AM)iapetus Wrote: What's not to understand?

[Image: guGIH-6Y2bHDR225kWjkmbFggds1_LY1W1uCQYl9...5eaf6c12ce]

Hah... I had forgotten about that.  Which means he has been benched in favor of Blaine Gabbert on more than one occasion.  Blaine... Gabbert...

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2017, 02:50 PM by Jagwired.)

He sucks at playing the QB position, hence the reason for him not being employed.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(08-25-2017, 10:49 AM)jagshype Wrote: This is PR cover to leave it up to the football people if the football people have no intention of signing him.

Precisely.  Khan and the other owners are taking heat from the protest crowds backing Kaepernick. His hands are now clean. Tom is the bad guy.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]