Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Jaguars owner 'absolutely' open to signing Kaepernick

Meh I'd take RGIII at this point
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2017, 05:46 PM by Mandeezee.)

(08-25-2017, 12:17 PM)rfc17 Wrote: I think Shady McCoy spoke the truth.  If Kaep was good enough to be a bonafide starter, he'd have a job despite the distraction.  But he isn't.  He is a fringe starter / high level backup.  Not worth it to have a guy who is that much of a distraction if they either wont play much or is only playing if your team's season is going down the crapper.

Lots of guys have taken a knee during the anthem and a lot of them still have jobs.

The difference is none of those guys play the qb position.

In this country where qb is the face of your franchise the average white fan can't fathom supporting a black qb who dares challenge this countries status quo.

So it's intellectually dishonest to use the "well other players kneeled and they have jobs".

(08-25-2017, 04:07 PM)My Desired Display Name Wrote: All I care about is the football, so if he was good enough, I say why not bring him in.  The extra stuff I dont see as much of a big deal as others but w/e.

And this is how you know it's about more than his skills.

(08-25-2017, 04:32 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: People keep saying he's too much of a distraction.   I'm thinking this fan base could use a distraction right now, to get their minds off the state of this football team.

Correct, in this small market, we can use all the coverage we can get!

He's not a criminal, doesn't have looming rape charges (as Ben once did).

(08-25-2017, 04:42 PM)FBT Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 04:32 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: People keep saying he's too much of a distraction.   I'm thinking this fan base could use a distraction right now, to get their minds off the state of this football team.

I'm thinking there are probably better ways to distract the fans.  Perhaps by winning?  

Kaepernick does not represent a substantial upgrade over what we have currently, regardless of the additional baggage he's dragging with him.  Khan's comments about being open to signing him had a qualifier that pretty much sums up why he's going to be hard-pressed to find work in the league.  He's not good enough to let his play quiet the off field stuff.  It's a circus.  

As much as many here say what he says and does off the field doesn't bother them one bit, there are an equal if not larger number of fans who would disagree.  For a team that has a tenuous hold on the fan base right now, that might tip the scales to the point where you're seeing a lot more empty seats on game days, and that's the last thing they want.  His best bet is to look at his options in Canada.

What about the fans such as myself who ate boycotting due to him NOT being signed...

(08-26-2017, 05:40 PM)Mandeezee Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 12:17 PM)rfc17 Wrote: I think Shady McCoy spoke the truth.  If Kaep was good enough to be a bonafide starter, he'd have a job despite the distraction.  But he isn't.  He is a fringe starter / high level backup.  Not worth it to have a guy who is that much of a distraction if they either wont play much or is only playing if your team's season is going down the crapper.

Lots of guys have taken a knee during the anthem and a lot of them still have jobs.

The difference is none of those guys play the qb position.

In this country where qb is the face of your franchise the average white fan can't fathom supporting a black qb who dares challenge this countries status quo.

So it's intellectually dishonest to use the "well other players kneeled and they have jobs".

(08-25-2017, 04:07 PM)My Desired Display Name Wrote: All I care about is the football, so if he was good enough, I say why not bring him in.  The extra stuff I dont see as much of a big deal as others but w/e.

And this is how you know it's about more than his skills.

Correct, in this small market, we can use all the coverage we can get!

He's not a criminal, doesn't have looming rape charges (as Ben once did).

(08-25-2017, 04:42 PM)FBT Wrote: I'm thinking there are probably better ways to distract the fans.  Perhaps by winning?  

Kaepernick does not represent a substantial upgrade over what we have currently, regardless of the additional baggage he's dragging with him.  Khan's comments about being open to signing him had a qualifier that pretty much sums up why he's going to be hard-pressed to find work in the league.  He's not good enough to let his play quiet the off field stuff.  It's a circus.  

As much as many here say what he says and does off the field doesn't bother them one bit, there are an equal if not larger number of fans who would disagree.  For a team that has a tenuous hold on the fan base right now, that might tip the scales to the point where you're seeing a lot more empty seats on game days, and that's the last thing they want.  His best bet is to look at his options in Canada.

What about the fans such as myself who ate boycotting due to him NOT being signed...
Did you register here just to tell us your boycotting the jags? FYI...on a jags based forum no less. If I was you, I'd get down to the stadium ASAP and start protesting.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(08-26-2017, 05:40 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: What about the fans such as myself who ate boycotting due to him NOT being signed...

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Has anyone seen Kaepernick say he wants a job? Everyone wants him to get another chance but does he want to play? Dude looked totally disinterested in playing football last year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!