Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Somebody Likes What We Have Done

This from Great Blue North Draft Report...

"Jags take undrafted signings lead … We noted yesterday that based on their unofficial undrafted rookie free agent signings, Jacksonville was among the league leaders with an UDFA rookie class that included former Illinois OLB Carroll Phillips, who is the 2nd ranked guy on the GBN post-draft big board, as well as #7 CB Jeremy Cutrer and #36 DE Hunter Dimick. When the Jags full list was announced today, they also had signed former Texas A&M G/T Avery Gennesy, our 6th ranked undrafted rookie, as well CB Ezra Robinson (#32) and RB I’Tavius Mathers (#52). Overall, the Jags have 7 of the top 76 undrafted rookies on our list."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!

I’Tavius Mathers, the GOAT

;

;

Maybe some hidden gems in there some where

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2017, 05:23 PM by Stigma.)

Quote:I’Tavius Mathers, the GOAT

Have to say I am intrigued...

"I’Tavius Mathers On Breakout Season At MTSU"

https://respect-mag.com/2017/04/itavius-...best-year/

Rotoworld reports a 4.41 - 40

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/1340...us-mathers

Speed certainly seems to be a theme with TC

Not always a fan of Walter Football but here are his comments on two Illinois DEs

Dawuane Smoot, DE, Illinois 

Height: 6-2. Weight: 255. Arm: 32.75. Hand: 9.13. 

40 Time: 4.77. 

Projected Round (2017): 2-3. 
<i>4/26/17: </i>Sources say that Smoot is very athletic and explosive off the edge; however, they feel he is more disruptive than productive. Smoot is the kind of player who will have a lot of pressures on the quarterback, but only a few sacks. Sources say he could be an edge defender similar to Nick Perry. In speaking to sources at multiple teams during the season, they viewed Smoot as a mid- to late first-rounder. The grades were lowered to the middle of the second day later in the year. 

Smoot notched 56 tackles and 15 for a loss, five sacks, two forced fumbles and one pass batted in 2016. He had a quality week at the Senior Bowl and followed it up with a nice performance at the combine. 

Smoot had a strong junior season in 2015 as he totaled eight sacks with 15 tackles for a loss, 40 tackles, two passes batted and three forced fumbles. He started across from Jihad Ward, and sources said that Smoot impressed them while grading Ward for the 2016 NFL Draft. As a sophomore in 2014, Smoot had 33 tackles with 7.5 tackles for a loss and 2.5 sacks.

Carroll Phillips, DE/OLB, Illinois 

Height: 6-3. Weight: 242. Arm: 31.75. Hand: 9.5. 

40 Time: 4.64. 

Projected Round (2017): 2-4. 
<i>4/26/17: </i>Phillips has first-round talent, but he probably will fall to the second day of the 2017 NFL Draft. He faced some off-the-field concerns, but those were cleared up in his favor and Phillips was cleared of any wrong doing. WalterFootball.com knows some teams that really like Phillips and have him in play on the second day of the 2017 NFL Draft. In 2016, Phillips recorded 56 tackles with 20 tackles for a loss, nine sacks and one forced fumble. 

Phillips is a sleeper prospect who some NFL teams love and others are lukewarm on. The teams that love Phillips say he is super athletic and twitchy. They feel that his speed and athleticism is very similar to Leonard Floyd. Like Floyd at Georgia, Phillips can struggle some on run downs; however, they feel that he is a gifted, natural pass-rushing talent. The teams that aren't in love with Phillips don't see him as a high pick, as one could expect. 

As a junior, Phillips made 26 tackles with 4.5 tackles for a loss and two sacks as the backup to Jihad Ward.

I'Tavius does look impressive. He's a small guy at 5-11, 190, which has me a little worried for Grant... but not that worried. I'Tavius to the PS.

'02

Per Jaguars.com

*I’Tavius Mathers (5-feet-11, 203 pounds), running back, Middle Tennessee State.

He needs to add another 10 Lbs in the weight room and not lose his speed

Practice Squad is something to aim for 

Impressive... I can totally see Phillips as our third L...uh... RDE.

Dimick and Phillips both appear to be rather beastly pass rushers.

'02

Again from Walter Football

Hunter Dimick, DE, Utah 

Height: 6-3. Weight: 266. 

Projected 40 Time: 4.99. (Pro Day 4.77)

Projected Round (2017): 6-FA. 
<i>4/26/17: </i>Dimick totaled 54 tackles with 20 for a loss, 14.5 sacks, one forced fumble and seven passes batted in 2016. He played well for the Utes, but his skill set could be a bit lacking for the NFL. 

<i>9/3/16: </i>Dimick formed a nice duo with Nate Orchard in 2014. The first-year starter had 10 sacks to go with 52 tackles, two forced fumbles and two passes broken up. In 2015, injuries held Dimick back as he only played in seven games. He totaled 14 tackles with six for a loss and two sacks for his year. Dimick needs a bounce-back season.

Quote: 

Not always a fan of Walter Football but here are his comments on two Illinois DEs

Dawuane Smoot, DE, Illinois 

Height: 6-2. Weight: 255. Arm: 32.75. Hand: 9.13. 

40 Time: 4.77. 

Projected Round (2017): 2-3. 
<i>4/26/17: </i>Sources say that Smoot is very athletic and explosive off the edge; however, they feel he is more disruptive than productive. Smoot is the kind of player who will have a lot of pressures on the quarterback, but only a few sacks. Sources say he could be an edge defender similar to Nick Perry. In speaking to sources at multiple teams during the season, they viewed Smoot as a mid- to late first-rounder. The grades were lowered to the middle of the second day later in the year. 

Smoot notched 56 tackles and 15 for a loss, five sacks, two forced fumbles and one pass batted in 2016. He had a quality week at the Senior Bowl and followed it up with a nice performance at the combine. 

Smoot had a strong junior season in 2015 as he totaled eight sacks with 15 tackles for a loss, 40 tackles, two passes batted and three forced fumbles. He started across from Jihad Ward, and sources said that Smoot impressed them while grading Ward for the 2016 NFL Draft. As a sophomore in 2014, Smoot had 33 tackles with 7.5 tackles for a loss and 2.5 sacks.

Carroll Phillips, DE/OLB, Illinois 

Height: 6-3. Weight: 242. Arm: 31.75. Hand: 9.5. 

40 Time: 4.64. 

Projected Round (2017): 2-4. 
<i>4/26/17: </i>Phillips has first-round talent, but he probably will fall to the second day of the 2017 NFL Draft. He faced some off-the-field concerns, but those were cleared up in his favor and Phillips was cleared of any wrong doing. WalterFootball.com knows some teams that really like Phillips and have him in play on the second day of the 2017 NFL Draft. In 2016, Phillips recorded 56 tackles with 20 tackles for a loss, nine sacks and one forced fumble. 

Phillips is a sleeper prospect who some NFL teams love and others are lukewarm on. The teams that love Phillips say he is super athletic and twitchy. They feel that his speed and athleticism is very similar to Leonard Floyd. Like Floyd at Georgia, Phillips can struggle some on run downs; however, they feel that he is a gifted, natural pass-rushing talent. The teams that aren't in love with Phillips don't see him as a high pick, as one could expect. 

As a junior, Phillips made 26 tackles with 4.5 tackles for a loss and two sacks as the backup to Jihad Ward.

I've actually been to 4-5 U of I games in the past year and I'm a big fan of both of these guys. Dawuane Smoot was a stud in the games I've watched, he really knew how to get to the QB. While not always getting the sack, he definitely made the QB hurry quite often.

Jags ranked 3rd in UDFA Class per NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...nt-classes

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2017, 07:14 PM by Stigma.)

Charlie Casserly just mentioned that he thinks the Jags can make the playoffs this upcoming season.

Quote:Charlie Casserly just mentioned that he thinks the Jags can make the playoffs this upcoming season.

On NFLN?

Quote:Charlie Casserly just mentioned that he thinks the Jags can make the playoffs this upcoming season.

I'll never set high expectations for the Jags again until they actually do something

Hey, it is nice to be even considered a playoff contender what with all the Bortles bashing that has been going on all offseason.

Quote:Hey, it is nice to be even considered a playoff contender what with all the Bortles bashing that has been going on all offseason.

We'd have to win every game we're capable of winning for a shot at a wildcard.

'02

So you are saying we have a chance?

Did we win the offseason again?

JUST WIN BABY!!!!