Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Questions

This is purely a my opinion thread.

As I watch my favorite football team play, I find myself asking these questions.....

1. Another run?

2. Why can't we get holes opened up like that?

3. Is the other team stronger than us?

4. Why we can't call plays like that?

5. Why can't our WRs get open like that?

6. How did we miss that tackle?

7. Why are we throwing short?

8. Do we have any plays for the middle of the field?

9. Another run?

10. Why are we playing prevent?

11. Why is the middle of the field open?

12. Where's the pressure?

13. We can't pick up the blitz?

14. Another run? Oh, my bad, that's a PA into a screen pass.......AGAIN.

10. Why do other teams look like NFL teams, and we dont?

I can't speak for anyone else. But I swear I'm looking at an inferior team. No matter who we play, I feel we are inferior. Even with our movements. The blocking, tackling, running, passing, interceptions, etc. None of it looks "Professional". And someone correct me if I'm wrong, these men are supposed to be professionals.

What questions do you find yourself asking during the game?
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

16. Another whiskey shot anyone?

(08-25-2017, 03:18 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: This is purely a my opinion thread.

As I watch my favorite football team play, I find myself asking these questions.....

1. Another run?

9. Another run?

I can't speak for anyone else. But I swear I'm looking at an inferior team. No matter who we play, I feel we are inferior. Even with our movements. The blocking, tackling, running, passing, interceptions, etc. None of it looks "Professional". And someone correct me if I'm wrong, these men are supposed to be professionals.

I totally agree. Especially regarding the separation achieved by the receivers. The defenders are all over our receivers when the ball arrives. When we're on defense, the opposing receivers always seem to have wide separation. Our OL gets pushed back into the passing pocket, our DL can't mount a rush. Many missed tackles, arm tackles, poor angles of pursuit by our LB's, over pursuit leaving huge cutback lanes, receivers dropping passes. You name it.......just about every aspect of pro football is inferior on this team.

(08-25-2017, 03:54 PM)SunriseCottage Wrote:

1. Another run?

9. Another run?

I totally agree. Especially regarding the separation achieved by the receivers. The defenders are all over our receivers when the ball arrives. When we're on defense, the opposing receivers always seem to have wide separation. Our OL gets pushed back into the passing pocket, our DL can't mount a rush. Many missed tackles, arm tackles, poor angles of pursuit by our LB's, over pursuit leaving huge cutback lanes, receivers dropping passes. You name it.......just about every aspect of pro football is inferior on this team.

Exactly. I thought it was just me. It almost leaves you helpless as a fan because no amount of cheering is going to motivate this team.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

same questions I ask.. It honestly seems that we are practicing all the wrong things and all the wrong techniques etc

Like every other team knows the correct way to teach each position group and our's doesn't

all those. i look at my wife quizzically and ask those same questions at different points throughout every single game.

I'm reduced to laughing at this team.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2017, 06:32 PM by wrong_box.)

JDR, Mularky, Gus, Marrone, 4 coaches and still the same team?

shack, Gene, Caldwell all suck?

how many players have been [BLEEP] canned and new ones aren't any better than the ones they replaced?

HOW is this possible?

By half time I find myself asking what else is on? Or what housework do I need to get done?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(08-25-2017, 06:31 PM)wrong_box Wrote: JDR, Mularky, Gus, Marrone, 4 coaches and still the same team?

how many players have been [BLEEP] canned and new ones aren't any better than the ones they replaced?

HOW is this possible?

This team is cursed. That's the only explanation.

(08-25-2017, 06:38 PM)EricC85 Wrote: By half time I find myself asking what else is on? Or what housework do I need to get done?

I usually just start getting my clothes ready for the work week. By that point, ironing provides more excitement than the #jaguars

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2017, 06:46 PM by knarnn.)

This thread has the potential to be great! I think we've all asked these questions at some time during our fandom.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2017, 06:59 PM by Bullseye.)

(08-25-2017, 06:44 PM)rocdee Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 06:38 PM)EricC85 Wrote: By half time I find myself asking what else is on? Or what housework do I need to get done?

I usually just start getting my clothes ready for the work week. By that point, ironing provides more excitement than the #jaguars

Ouch.

Wait...does anger/frustration count as excitement?

1. Another run?

9. Another run?

Some questions I ask...

1.  What did I and other Jaguars fans do to deserve this?

2.  If we DID/failed to do something to deserve this, what can we do to make things right?

3.  Do Jaguars fans, as a whole, qualify as masochists?

4.  Just how long will this ineptitude last? 

5.  What happened to the run defense?

6.  What happened to the run blocking?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-25-2017, 06:31 PM)wrong_box Wrote: JDR, Mularky, Gus, Marrone, 4 coaches and still the same team?

HOW is this possible?

One of the problems is that this team rarely, if ever COMPLETELY cleans house.  There is always a leftover from the mess prior.  Its a cycle of passing blame.  "It was all Shacks fault", "It was all Gus's fault".  They just need to fire all their [BLEEP], they all suck.  I'm sick of this [BLEEP].

Why didn't we draft that guy or this guy?

How come I can throw a better ball than Bortles?

How did he miss that throw?

Another Shotgun Sweep?

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2017, 04:45 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

I got 21 questions

1. How can this team be in the position they are in at quarterback?
2. How could Caldwell and Coughlin not draft a guard, especially when Dan Feeney was available in the 3rd round?
3. Is this team cursed?
4. Am I extremely loyal or just stupid to still go to these games?

Why hasn't this offensive line been addressed? Why is our QB struggling so bad, why is our defense allowing game breaking runs and catches? How is Fournette going to make our line better? We're going to run him into the grave and into a short four year career. Like I'm happy we got Ramsey and Fournette from sucking, but this losing trend has to stop. Every year we're failing at the same position groups as the last, our fundamentals lack after watching every other team.

This has been going on for a decade officially now. You can go and watch a team play after ours every year and say "Wow, that looks like a pro ball club that wants to win." Even the bad ones look competent in areas we aren't. Teams don't have a hard time at the basics, we do.

(08-25-2017, 07:18 PM)Kcirred Wrote:

HOW is this possible?

One of the problems is that this team rarely, if ever COMPLETELY cleans house.  There is always a leftover from the mess prior.  Its a cycle of passing blame.  "It was all Shacks fault", "It was all Gus's fault".  They just need to fire all their [BLEEP], they all suck.  I'm sick of this [BLEEP].

This reminds me of the scene in Man of Steel where Jor-El is explaining why only Clark was able to leave Krypton to start a new life. Because everyone else would have brought their issues with them that caused the destruction of Krypton in the first place. The same is happening with this team over and over.

(08-25-2017, 07:18 PM)Kcirred Wrote:

HOW is this possible?

I get what you're saying but virtually every position changed from 2012-2013, including the owner.

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2017, 09:53 AM by wrong_box.)

(08-26-2017, 01:16 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 07:18 PM)Kcirred Wrote: One of the problems is that this team rarely, if ever COMPLETELY cleans house.  There is always a leftover from the mess prior.  Its a cycle of passing blame.  "It was all Shacks fault", "It was all Gus's fault".  They just need to fire all their [BLEEP], they all suck.  I'm sick of this [BLEEP].

I get what you're saying but virtually every position changed from 2012-2013, including the owner.

Exactly what I'm saying...Every dynamic has changed more than once... 3 different GMs, 4 different coaches, a multitude of player changes after a nearly complete roster turnover, a new owner and still the exact same [BLEEP] we have had for a decade...