Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Questions

Why are we running the ball once more when we're 3rd and a half mile - again.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Great questions OP.
16. Knowing the Oline is a sive, why doesn't Hackett call more plays with the QB on the move which is pretty much Blake's only strength anyway?

What is this rash down... wait, wrong thread.

(08-27-2017, 10:08 AM)Rooster Wrote: 16.  Knowing the Oline is a sive, why doesn't Hackett call more plays with the QB on the move which is pretty much Blake's only strength anyway?

Because it's preseason and they are evaluating, not game-planning. 

You can bet they will have him on the move by design more often in September.

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2017, 10:15 AM by wrong_box.)

(08-27-2017, 10:03 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Why are we running the ball once more when we're 3rd and a half mile - again.

or when it's 3rd and 17 throw the ball 8 yards to a covered receiver or a sideways throw along the line of scrimmage

I think the team is still suffering from the curse of John Oehser.

(08-26-2017, 01:16 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 07:18 PM)Kcirred Wrote: One of the problems is that this team rarely, if ever COMPLETELY cleans house.  There is always a leftover from the mess prior.  Its a cycle of passing blame.  "It was all Shacks fault", "It was all Gus's fault".  They just need to fire all their [BLEEP], they all suck.  I'm sick of this [BLEEP].

I get what you're saying but virtually every position changed from 2012-2013, including the owner.

Why did they keep Wash?  The defense is supposed to be the strength of the team but the front 7 are getting gashed by the run and still no pressure on the QB.

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2017, 10:23 AM by wrong_box.)

(08-27-2017, 10:14 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-27-2017, 10:08 AM)Rooster Wrote: 16.  Knowing the Oline is a sive, why doesn't Hackett call more plays with the QB on the move which is pretty much Blake's only strength anyway?

Because it's preseason and they are evaluating, not game-planning. 

You can bet they will have him on the move by design more often in September.

I understand that the preseason is all about evaluation and there is very little game planning done, but some sort of effort or attempt should be made to move the chains...3rd and 17 and a run up the middle isn't even trying to make something happen

(08-27-2017, 10:17 AM)Rooster Wrote:
(08-26-2017, 01:16 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I get what you're saying but virtually every position changed from 2012-2013, including the owner.

Why did they keep Wash?  The defense is supposed to be the strength of the team but the front 7 are getting gashed by the run and still no pressure on the QB.

Because last year Wash's defense was decent and seemingly on the rise

(08-25-2017, 06:31 PM)wrong_box Wrote: JDR, Mularky, Gus, Marrone, 4 coaches and still the same team?

shack, Gene, Caldwell all suck?

how many players have been [BLEEP] canned and new ones aren't any better than the ones they replaced?

HOW is this possible?

I feel the same. 

Is there a conspiracy theory in the house? 

Like are we supposed to lose and play bad for now?

Is it a curse?

What is it? All of this change and it looks like the same football team with the same plays.

How can we possibly have the same plays for over 10 years?
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Is Nick Mangold so washed up that he doesn't warrant a try out to see if we can temporarily move Linder to Guard?
Only a chump boos the home team!