Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles Has Been Named Week One Starter [merged]

Since our O-line is currently a little 'porous', I would like to see Allen play this Thursday. He demonstrated very good mobility. Let's see more of him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Way to make the most out of your opportunity chad. You were the starter for a whole 1 1/2 hours.

The guy doesn't want to play. He is happy making millions riding the bench. Cut him now.

(08-26-2017, 09:52 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-26-2017, 09:31 AM)BklynJag Wrote: Let's start the dude who threw 2 interceptions against the 3rd string defense of Carolina.

I agree with most of what you say, but Henne is just bad man. The OC needs to run an offense that utilizes Bortles strengths to get him some confidence back.

As my grandfather always said.....when you are stuck, be gracious.

So on run downs run Fournette, on passing downs run Bortles, because if he passes we lose. Wallbash

Well once again look forward to the draft and here is hope we clean up the rest of the "Gus era" coaching staff.

(08-26-2017, 10:11 AM)trunt87 Wrote: Way to make the most out of your opportunity chad. You were the starter for a whole 1 1/2 hours.

The guy doesn't want to play. He is happy making millions riding the bench. Cut him now.

They won't cut him. They will play BB5 and hope for the best. If he sucks it up the chenne will come in and BB5 will be bubble wrapped.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(08-26-2017, 09:20 AM)Jagzfanfromiowa Wrote: I said from the very beginning that this was most likely just Marrone trying to light a fire under Bortles' a**.  Bortles is our best option week 1.  You know the offense hasn't had Lee or Fournette most of the preseason right?  Getting these 2 in the lineup should provide a big boost.  Bortles and Lee were establishing a nice rapport with each other.  I think Lee, if he stays healthy, has a bigger year than Robinson.

If that was Marrone's motivation for the competition, he was misguided. Blake's problem has nothing to do with lack of trying or desire to be the best q.b. possible. Unfortunately, he lacks the decision making skills required of a starting quarterback which results in critical mistakes this team cannot overcome. It is possible he will "tease us" again with a few excellent games only to revert back to the "old Blake."

That being said, I am not criticizing Marrone's decision since Henne is not the answer, either. It just infuriates me that Caldwell and Coughlin did nothing in the offseason to provide legitimate competition at the q.b. position in case Bortles didn't improve. Add in basically ignoring the interior of the offensive line and can we blame those who consider the Jaguars a laughing-stock of a franchise? Our fans deserve better!

"We will rally around Blake Bortles and we will play good football"

Que up the circus music...

Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends
We're so glad you could attend
Come inside! Come inside!

What year is it? I can't tell anymore. Are we sure that first year of the unstoppable rebuild was 4 years ago?
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(08-26-2017, 09:33 AM)Rooster Wrote: Very risky with the guaranteed $19M next year if he gets injured.  He's going to get sacked at least 5 times behind the pathetic OL.  Watt, Clowney and Mercilus are going to be in the backfield all day.

That's a poster Jag fan post. Have already seen the sacks and conceding before first snap. #InferiorComplex

Or in this case, superfluous intricate knowledge. Let them freaking play and HOPE your line holds up. They just may...
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Why do people keep bringing up Brandon Allen? He obviously was never being considered for the job and won't be unless it's towards the end of the year and the season is at a loss.

Lastly, you are going to see Brandon Allen all game this week, and it's not because he's auditioning for the starter job. It's because our starters won't be playing in the last preseason game. Starting today, they are getting ready for Houston in Week 1.

(08-26-2017, 10:16 AM)jseymour Wrote:
(08-26-2017, 09:52 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I agree with most of what you say, but Henne is just bad man. The OC needs to run an offense that utilizes Bortles strengths to get him some confidence back.

As my grandfather always said.....when you are stuck, be gracious.

So on run downs run Fournette, on passing downs run Bortles, because if he passes we lose. Wallbash

Well once again look forward to the draft and here is hope we clean up the rest of the "Gus era" coaching staff.

Just saying, get him out of the pocket on the run. Run quick offense. At least attempt to play to his strengths. Just get him some confidence.

Odds are we will suck, but I refuse to look at the draft in August.

I would have went with Brandon Allen.

(08-26-2017, 10:35 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I would have went with Brandon Allen.

Hence why you do not have a head coaching position.

Here's what I get from this:

The team realized its impossible and unfair to judge any player behind this offensive line.

This entire team is bad. It isn't all on the quarterback. The Jaguars still have a career losing record even when Blake Bortles is turnoverless.

(08-26-2017, 08:48 AM)TealHammer Wrote: Bortles presumably did enough in Thursday's exhibition loss to Carolina to keep the starting job he's had the last three years. The third overall pick in the 2014 NFL draft will make his 46th consecutive start when the Jaguars open the season Sept. 10 at Houston.

[Image: wz_111.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2017, 11:44 AM by Jax82.)

Blake Bottles will get mauled by the Texans defense and turn the ball over.
We need to start the Had Chenne. He is improved and will take us to the promise land.

Henne or Blake it didn't matter because they would both be rocked by that Texans DLine.

If we run the ball, we got a shot. If the Texans stop the run, we are absolutely going to see Blake turn it over.

Whatever though.... Football is almost back!

Bortles should be the starter Henne sucks worst then him and always has, Bortles at least give you more with his legs, and with the OL we are gonna need it, like I said Bortles season last year was better then any season Henne had as a starter.

Anybody upset over Bortles over Henne is clueless, now being upset we didnt get another QB I can understand

And dont came with that Brandon Allen crap, we saw how clueless he was when the blitz was coming last game, dude isnt even ready
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(08-26-2017, 09:31 AM)BklynJag Wrote: Let's start the dude who threw 2 interceptions against the 3rd string defense of Carolina.

It was one pick and Hurns should have caught it. The other one was a 2 point conversion and if he would thrown it away you would be crying about that too.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Do you remember the last time Henne started a regular season game?

Think back.

Try early 2014 vs the Colts.

Remember how painful that was to watch?

The first quarter against Carolina...that's what we got from Henne.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-26-2017, 11:37 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

Do you remember the last time Henne started a regular season game?

Think back.

Try early 2014 vs the Colts.

Remember how painful that was to watch?

The first quarter against Carolina...that's what we got from Henne.
This^ Henne had all of 16 net yards before his throw to Robinson and only 55 after would have been boring football.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]