Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles Has Been Named Week One Starter [merged]

(08-26-2017, 08:49 AM)TearExtractor Wrote: My heart goes out to all those involved in having to choose between Bortles and Henne. No man should ever be subjected to that kind of abuse.

except for maybe that idiot of a hc we have moron(e)

this is the oline coach for 2 year and hc now and the oline is actually worse then it was with joke in it. this guy has no freaking clue. 

my personal opion is TC knew this and is why he let him be the hc so he can fire and replace him himself 3 games in.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What a bonehead decision. Bortles isn't going to win a Super Bowl for us, let alone our crap division. If he's hurt and can't pass a physical next year we're on the hook for around 19million. This is foolishness on another level. I love this team, but Caldwell, Khan, and even Coughlin seem to not know what the hell they're doing until the words come out of their mouth.

We should've fired Gus way before meaningless games in weeks 16 and 17 to see what we'd look like under Marronne. We shouldn't have given Bortles an extension. We should have brought in somebody to compete for QB. We should have done better homework on Brandon Albert. We should have passed one of our defensive free agents to sign Kevin Zeitler.

We still don't have a decent pass rush, a decent O-Line, and a QB. These are literally the first three things Caldwell addressed in his first three draft. He failed. Our front office this year failed to fix it. It's pathetic.

Fire Caldwell.
BORTLES ISN'T A FRANCHISE QB. FOURNETTE WILL BE A BUST.

(08-26-2017, 03:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: While starting Bortles will at least make for watchable games, I hope to God he doesn't get injured. I don't wanna be on the hook for that huge 5th year option.

I don't think he's the type to do it purposely, but it would be his best financial move if he did. His long term prognosis as an NFL qb otherwise is bleak, and at a minimum in significant question.

No brainer decision. Henne brings in zero extra butts in the seats. In fact you'd lose ticket sales with him at the helm. Bortles was a better business decision hands down.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2017, 04:23 PM by Flagler Jagsfan.)

Choosing between Bortles and Henne is like asking if you want to die from thirst or hunger. Either way, we're going to be a casualty.

Bortles can escape the pocket. Henne can throw the long ball. But neither of then seem to be good at both

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2017, 04:30 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Doug Marrone said exactly what I said, Bortles can extend plays might as well go with him, Henne's not better a passer then him, they are on a similar level
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(08-26-2017, 04:29 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: Doug Marrone said exactly what I said, Bortles can extend plays might as well go with him, Henne's not better a passer then him, they are on a similar level

Basically admitting he's going to be running for his life behind this line.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2017, 04:43 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

edited by mod

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2017, 04:43 PM by keeper88.)

(08-26-2017, 04:29 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: Doug Marrone said exactly what I said, Bortles can extend plays might as well go with him, Henne's not better a passer then him, they are on a similar level

There is zero doubt Henne IS a better passer. Maybe not who we want, maybe not the right starter under this team's current situation and train wreck of options (at least debatable), but better passer isn't even debatable. Let's at least be intellectually honest in that.

Now that you said that it isn't debatable, I guess we can't debate.

(08-26-2017, 04:40 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: Now that you said that it isn't debatable, I guess we can't debate.

You really think Bortles is a better pure passer than Henne? Careful with your credibility now, seriously.

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2017, 05:13 PM by SeldomRite.)

(08-26-2017, 04:41 PM)keeper88 Wrote:
(08-26-2017, 04:40 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: Now that you said that it isn't debatable, I guess we can't debate.

You really think Bortles is a better pure passer than Henne? Careful with your credibility now, seriously.

Please just stop. The guy hit his own lineman in the back of the head from a couple of yards away. Both guys have their shortcomings, but I wouldn't say Henne is even close to good as a passer.

(08-26-2017, 05:13 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(08-26-2017, 04:41 PM)keeper88 Wrote: You really think Bortles is a better pure passer than Henne? Careful with your credibility now, seriously.

Please just stop. The guy hit his own lineman in the back of the head from a couple of yards away. Both guys have their shortcomings, but I wouldn't say Henne is even close to good as a passer.
Wow, just wow. Have a nice day though.

Blake is such a natural passer that he has had to go re work his mechanics twice! So natural!

(08-26-2017, 05:25 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(08-26-2017, 04:41 PM)keeper88 Wrote: You really think Bortles is a better pure passer than Henne? Careful with your credibility now, seriously.

Blake is such a natural passer that he has had to go re work his mechanics twice! So natural!
Tell me about it, it's painfully obvious. I promise you there isn't 1 player at Everbank who would tell you Blake is nearly the pure natural passer Henne is  -- not because Henne is Marino by any means, but because Blake isn't really NFL caliber.  Hell, just watch them side by side in camp or warmups. This is nothing new. This is a totally different discussion on why Blake is our "starter" today.

Blake is left handed and throws right handed, perhaps he should switch. It would be more natural for him, and couldn't be any more inaccurate.

There are a lot of guys who are great pure passers of the ball, it doesnt mean jack all, Kyle Boller Jamarcus Russell are better pure passers of the ball then Peyton Manning that doesnt mean much.

The fact is Henne results over his career are worst then Bortles, better go with the guy who has some kinda legs and can extend plays when the rush is coming.
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2017, 06:32 PM by keeper88.)

(08-26-2017, 06:19 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote:

There are a lot of guys who are great pure passers of the ball, it doesnt mean jack all, Kyle Boller Jamarcus Russell are better pure passers of the ball then Peyton Manning that doesnt mean much.

The fact is Henne results over his career are worst then Bortles, better go with the guy who has some kinda legs and can extend plays when the rush is coming.
You're changing the debate. Never said I had a huge issue with Blake over Henne in our horrible no-win situation. But anyone who wants to argue he's a better pure passer gets 0 cred rating if you're being intellectually honest. Make no mistake, we are staring down 2 bad options thanks to an inept FO that still lives on.  Has to end, lest we keep sucking for how many more years? And fwiw, Blake can't even throw with Peyton either, and he definitely can't even be mentioned in the same zip code as game knowledge/mgmt.

DSomething I've continued to say about Blake since 2015 is that he's at his best when he goes "Hulk." I kept seeing this play out in games in 2015 where he started out looking not so great... then something happens usually kind of ugly like an INT... at that point in 2015, something would snap in him and suddenly he literally couldn't be stopped. I keep saying that if our defense was better that year, we would have won games. In 2016 you had the arm fatigue, the arm injury and the guy never went Hulk. He started playing well in December, but still never went Hulk.

Well, he might have just hit that low again having been benched by Marrone. Watch him in his recent interview starting at 2:43...

Bortles: "Doesn't change the mindset"

It's as though he's talking about going Hulk. I know Blake has it in him to even take a team to the big dance if he can get back to what he was doing in 2015, but still for me to pay that $19 mil I need to know he can play like that consistently, and I need to know that his arm fatigue issues can be effectively managed long-term.
'02