Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles Has Been Named Week One Starter [merged]

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2017, 09:53 AM by keeper88.)

(08-27-2017, 09:35 AM)Jagwired Wrote: The difference was the chenne has sucked for ten friggin years. There is still hope BB5 will turn it around. It's a known fact across the globe the chenne will continue to be a suck fest.

Agreed on Henne.  And hope has left town on Blake. 3+ friggin years and decent eyesight is enough to confirm that -- which by the way is a "known fact across the globe" as well, outside of some diehard pockets of Bortles fans/believers/eternal optimist types in 904.

Love to see Bortles "turn it around" (at least I wouldn't have to buy 3 more jerseys), but I'm tired of waiting for the Jags "suck" to stop while "hoping", like some magic pumpkin is going to appear, when all objective evidence points to the contrary. Groundhogs Day has to end, before the franchise is totally trashed. It starts in the FO, like now...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wow.

I don't expect any miracles from this O-Line or any of the QBs on the roster, but some of you guys already writing off the entire season are going a bit overboard.

Can we see what a regular season game actually looks like from this roster before giving up completely?

(08-27-2017, 10:05 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Wow.

I don't expect any miracles from this O-Line or any of the QBs on the roster, but some of you guys already writing off the entire season are going a bit overboard.

Can we see what a regular season game actually looks like from this roster before giving up completely?

I'm there and certainly will. Sorry for the doom and gloom, just tired of the crap..

(08-27-2017, 09:37 AM)keeper88 Wrote: Agreed on Henne.  And hope has left town on Blake. 3+ friggin years and decent eyesight is enough to confirm that -- which by the way is a "known fact across the globe" as well, outside of some diehard pockets of Bortles fans/believers/eternal optimist types in 904.

Love to see Bortles "turn it around" (at least I wouldn't have to buy 3 more jerseys), but I'm tired of waiting for the Jags "suck" to stop while "hoping", like some magic pumpkin is going to appear, when all objective evidence points to the contrary.  Groundhogs Day has to end, before the franchise is totally trashed.  It starts in the FO, like now...

Dude, sounds as if maybe being a fan of the Jags or possibly the NFL in it's entirety is not for you. If something caused me as much grief as see put on display here daily by some I certainly would not participate. It's just football.

It's just other men's accomplishments or lack there of for Christs sake.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I can't really put my finger on any one aspect other than we have a young team with a good amount of talent. There doesn't seem to be any major conflicts of personalities going on to distract the locker room and we also have some good veteran guidance from Poz and Marcedes.
While the preseason, once again, looks like a presage to a disappointing season, I think the ingredients are in place for a team that will grow and solidify rather well. This time last year I knew with complete certainty that we were doomed to another season of suck. While I'm not much more impressed this year, for some reason I have a different feeling about our prospects. There seems to be more youthful resolve. I believe fan encouragement will pay greater dividends with this squad. Keep hope alive.

(08-27-2017, 10:23 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(08-27-2017, 09:37 AM)keeper88 Wrote: Agreed on Henne.  And hope has left town on Blake. 3+ friggin years and decent eyesight is enough to confirm that -- which by the way is a "known fact across the globe" as well, outside of some diehard pockets of Bortles fans/believers/eternal optimist types in 904.

Love to see Bortles "turn it around" (at least I wouldn't have to buy 3 more jerseys), but I'm tired of waiting for the Jags "suck" to stop while "hoping", like some magic pumpkin is going to appear, when all objective evidence points to the contrary.  Groundhogs Day has to end, before the franchise is totally trashed.  It starts in the FO, like now...

Dude, sounds as if maybe being a fan of the Jags or possibly the NFL in it's entirety is not for you. If something caused me as much grief as see put on display here daily by some I certainly would not participate. It's just football.

It's just other men's accomplishments or lack there of for Christs sake.
Thanks for the life advice, dude, but I'm just fine.  Ignorance does tend to aggravate me, but that goes well beyond being an NFL fan.

Chad should start.

Chad has earned it.

(08-27-2017, 10:30 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/PriscoCBS/status/901429688102506496

Ill eat my shoe if it happens. Strings and all.

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2017, 01:21 PM by MalabarJag.)

(08-27-2017, 10:05 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Wow.

No, we have to form our opinion of the whole season RIGHT NOW!

(08-27-2017, 11:06 AM)Jax82 Wrote: Chad should start.

Chad has earned it.

Thank you for your input Mrs. Henne.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(08-27-2017, 01:20 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(08-27-2017, 11:06 AM)Jax82 Wrote: Chad should start.

Chad has earned it.

Thank you for your input Mrs. Henne.

Welcome, darling.

Well, if everyone remembers ....back when BB5 was drafted, henne was the started until what? three or four games?
Everyone was clamoring for Bortles to start......what is this ...wash rinse, repeat?
What I can't believe is Henne is still here years later.  Huh
ah right ...he's been "mentoring".....plueeze.....get rid of him, let Allen backup. Draft a QB next year.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(08-27-2017, 10:30 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/PriscoCBS/status/901429688102506496

I'm guessing you already know, but Prisco was joking. He mentioned that in the replies.

my goodness. I do not care who you put behind this O line, they are going to have real troubles. Our O line has been very inconsistent to be polite. No QB is going to produce consistently for us until that unit grows up. Trading away draft picks (the future) is not the answer. TC came in here and is dealing with the mess.

I am watching the 49er game they have a pretty solid O-line. Colin Kaepernick was under performing with their line and wasn't going to start so he opted out. We probably saved his life by not signing him.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(08-27-2017, 10:29 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I can't really put my finger on any one aspect other than we have a young team with a good amount of talent. There doesn't seem to be any major conflicts of personalities going on to distract the locker room and we also have some good veteran guidance from Poz and Marcedes.
While the preseason, once again, looks like a presage to a disappointing season, I think the ingredients are in place for a team that will grow and solidify rather well. This time last year I knew with complete certainty that we were doomed to another season of suck. While I'm not much more impressed this year, for some reason I have a different feeling about our prospects. There seems to be more youthful resolve. I believe fan encouragement will pay greater dividends with this squad. Keep hope alive.

The offense lacks talent and it has for a very long time. It's the single reason we've either been bad or inconsistent since Tom Coughlin first left.

(08-27-2017, 10:13 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote:
(08-27-2017, 10:29 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: ... hope alive.

The offense lacks talent and it has for a very long time.  It's the single reason we've either been bad or inconsistent since Tom Coughlin first left.

Single reason? 

We've gone through droughts of talent in the secondary, the pass rush, the Sam LB, the coaching staff, etc...

(08-28-2017, 08:38 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-27-2017, 10:13 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: The offense lacks talent and it has for a very long time.  It's the single reason we've either been bad or inconsistent since Tom Coughlin first left.

Single reason? 

We've gone through droughts of talent in the secondary, the pass rush, the Sam LB, the coaching staff, etc...

Primary reason would be a better choice of words. Thank you.

Can't wait for TC to "Break the News" to D.Marrone that His services are not longer needed after we end up 0-4
I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

(08-28-2017, 02:05 PM)David4499 Wrote: Can't wait for TC to "Break the News" to D.Marrone that His services are not longer needed after we end up 0-4
My God you're a whiny little [BLEEP]. Please ban yourself. Your input here is worthless. Don't go away mad, just go away.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(08-28-2017, 04:19 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 02:05 PM)David4499 Wrote: Can't wait for TC to "Break the News" to D.Marrone that His services are not longer needed after we end up 0-4
My God you're a whiny little [BLEEP]. Please ban yourself. Your input here is worthless. Don't go away mad, just go away.

Dude, sounds as if maybe being a message board user is not for you. If something caused me as much grief as see put on display here daily by some I certainly would not participate. It's just a message board.

It's just other people's opinions or thoughts for Christs sake. 

(sorry, couldn't help myself...)