Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Random Ramblings

(08-29-2017, 06:50 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(08-27-2017, 01:46 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: This is the only year that I know for a fact were a 5 win or less team. I will probably go to 1 or 2 games just for something to do. There won't be no cheering or disappointment bc I know we're not good.

This will be the first time ever for this.

You know for a fact, huh?

(08-29-2017, 06:15 PM)Brett Wrote: This Thursday's game is the most important one for the Coughlin/Marrone era? Um, I completely disagree with you. It's a preseason game...

I know. I had a good chuckle after reading that.

I recall teams going 0-4 in the preseason and then going on a winning streak win the season began, and I've seen teams go 4-0 in the preseason only to a few wins all season long. Preseason results mean absolutely nothing.

How many years will it take???
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-30-2017, 05:33 AM)Treestone Ice Wrote:
(08-30-2017, 02:12 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: I believe Omaha is posting tongue in cheek. Especially when he got to calling out our cap girl (come on, shes doing a great job). But I will remind everyone that the Lions went 4-0 in preseason, right before having their 0-16 season (i.e. the only winless season ever).

Yea, well the 2013 Seahawks went 4-0 in the preseason and they won the Super Bowl that year. So there.

I'm just disappointed there won't be any repetitive ice cream jokes this year  Wallbash

You know who else went 4-0 in preseason?

The 2008 Lions LOL. Guess how many games they won that mattered.

(08-29-2017, 06:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 06:04 PM)Omaha\s Number 1JAGSFAN Wrote: What an absolute debacle. 

After soundly defeating the super bowl champs on the road, we have regressed to all new lows. Our offensive line is a disaster drawing comparisons to the original tech bowl with options for  four plays and your opponent picking your play and you subsequently getting blasted in the backfield. Our kicker Myers might be the worst in the league- clearly either struggling mentally having to replace the greatest Jags kicker of our generation or suffering from gangrene of his kicking foot. Maybe both. Bortles starts, gets pulled, gets benched, gets put in late, then is named starter - the mind games played with Bortles and all of #Jagsnation have been cumbersome and exhausting. It's not fair to Blake and its  complete mularkey to the fan base. Then, with second place in the ENTIRE NFL on the line two weeks ago, offensive coordinator Hackett decides not to run the ball even once from the one yard line late in the game. Then, the following week, our once proud defense gets shredded on the opening drive by lowly Carolina causing many fans to speculate that Joe McMenamim is being consulted on late game play calling and first drive defensive strategies. The fact that the Jags appear to be scripting their first 12-15 defensive plays are extremely concerning - how do you script defensive plays when you have no idea what the offense will be calling or lining up in??? Someone please explain this to me!!!

This makes this game with Atlanta on Thursday without question the most important of the Couhglin/Marrone era. 

Win, and we can claim victory over the two participants in last years Super Bowl in our last two games. Morale will be high, and 12-14 wins is a real possibility, provided kicker Myers can return to the form of his college years at Marist and San Jose of the Arena League. 

Lose, and we are 1-3 and a lowly third place in the NFL and it will be time to reassess our goals and post season moves. Morale will be crushed, there will be more pointing of fingers at Bortles, offensive coordinator Hackett, running backs Coach Tyrone Wheatley and Kirsten Grohs, Jags Contract Research and Salary Cap Analyst who often times gets way to much of a pass for complete mismanagement in her respective areas. Mr. Khan may be forced to make immediate changes, and I will call for those changes prior to our first game!

Working on your complaint, Omaha's#1JF.

I never saw a response. I'd like to nominate myself to be a moderator on this board.

(08-30-2017, 09:44 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(08-30-2017, 05:33 AM)Treestone Ice Wrote: Yea, well the 2013 Seahawks went 4-0 in the preseason and they won the Super Bowl that year. So there.

I'm just disappointed there won't be any repetitive ice cream jokes this year  Wallbash

Are you the "JDub" girl from the old forum? The one with the cats?

Expectation is the root of all heartache.
I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

After soundly defeating the super bowl champs on the road, we have regressed to all new lows. Our offensive line is a disaster drawing comparisons to the original tech bowl with options for  four plays and your opponent picking your play and you subsequently getting blasted in the backfield. Our kicker Myers might be the worst in the league- clearly either struggling mentally having to replace the greatest Jags kicker of our generation or suffering from gangrene of his kicking foot. Maybe both. Bortles starts, gets pulled, gets benched, gets put in late, then is named starter - the mind games played with Bortles and all of #Jagsnation have been cumbersome and exhausting. It's not fair to Blake and its  complete mularkey to the fan base. Then, with second place in the ENTIRE NFL on the line two weeks ago, offensive coordinator Hackett decides not to run the ball even once from the one yard line late in the game. Then, the following week, our once proud defense gets shredded on the opening drive by lowly Carolina causing many fans to speculate that Joe McMenamim is being consulted on late game play calling and first drive defensive strategies. The fact that the Jags appear to be scripting their first 12-15 defensive plays are extremely concerning - how do you script defensive plays when you have no idea what the offense will be calling or lining up in??? Someone please explain this to me!!!

This makes this game with Atlanta on Thursday without question the most important of the Couhglin/Marrone era. 

Win, and we can claim victory over the two participants in last years Super Bowl in our last two games. Morale will be high, and 12-14 wins is a real possibility, provided kicker Myers can return to the form of his college years at Marist and San Jose of the Arena League. 

Lose, and we are 1-3 and a lowly third place in the NFL and it will be time to reassess our goals and post season moves. Morale will be crushed, there will be more pointing of fingers at Bortles, offensive coordinator Hackett, running backs Coach Tyrone Wheatley and Kirsten Grohs, Jags Contract Research and Salary Cap Analyst who often times gets way to much of a pass for complete mismanagement in her respective areas. Mr. Khan may be forced to make immediate changes, and I will call for those changes prior to our first game!

12-14 wins?  Where do our 4 losses come from?  Seems a little pessimistic....
President, Omaha for Jacksonville

This guy is a beast. Love your posts, keep it up.

(08-30-2017, 09:44 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(08-30-2017, 05:33 AM)Treestone Ice Wrote: Yea, well the 2013 Seahawks went 4-0 in the preseason and they won the Super Bowl that year. So there.

I knew it was you before I even read who wrote it. Welcome back, you're gonna put the cherry on top of what promises to be a [BAD WORD REMOVED] season, I'm sure.

(08-27-2017, 01:46 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: This is the only year that I know for a fact were a 5 win or less team. I will probably go to 1 or 2 games just for something to do. There won't be no cheering or disappointment bc I know we're not good.

If we can increase our first downs to within 90% of our opponents and increase our 3rd down conversions to at least 50% we will be perfectly poised to win at least 12 games.  Your pessimistic outlook is understandable however it's just not factual.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2017, 05:04 PM by JagFanatic24.)

(08-27-2017, 04:19 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:

Do us a favor and stay home forever because we don't need you

I probably will until they get Bottles outta there. Now run and cry about how I mis-spelled his name. Did I hurt your feelings bc I said I was only going to a couple of games? Seriously man, don't worry about what I'm up to. I won't be doing you any favors anytime soon. It gets old on how much you defend him. I'm not even gonna get started with you.

(08-30-2017, 02:27 PM)Treestone Ice Wrote:
(08-30-2017, 09:44 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: You know who else went 4-0 in preseason?

I knew it was you before I even read who wrote it. Welcome back, you're gonna put the cherry on top of what promises to be a [BAD WORD REMOVED] season, I'm sure.
When you post only personal attacks and zero relevant content, you are part of the problem. Try to be part of the solution. 

Just a friendly reminder.  Thank you in advance.

I wish the Jags would try to trade for Sheldon Richardson, heard he could be had for a 5th round pick.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2017, 09:48 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(08-30-2017, 12:34 PM)Brett Wrote: Are you the "JDub" girl from the old forum? The one with the cats?

Of course, but unfortunately I went up from zero cats to one cat.

(08-30-2017, 02:27 PM)Treestone Ice Wrote: I knew it was you before I even read who wrote it. Welcome back, you're gonna put the cherry on top of what promises to be a [BAD WORD REMOVED] season, I'm sure.

LOL Sorry, but I have no idea what you are talking about with that "bad word removed."

Thanks for welcoming me back. I am looking forward to chatting about football again.

(08-30-2017, 08:09 PM)BklynJag Wrote: I wish the Jags would try to trade for Sheldon Richardson, heard he could be had for a 5th round pick.

We don't need Sheldon... we already have Malik.

What we need is help up front on offense...not on defense.
'02

(08-30-2017, 07:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-30-2017, 02:27 PM)Treestone Ice Wrote: I knew it was you before I even read who wrote it. Welcome back, you're gonna put the cherry on top of what promises to be a [BAD WORD REMOVED] season, I'm sure.
When you post only personal attacks and zero relevant content, you are part of the problem. Try to be part of the solution. 

I was actually planning on telling people whose problem it really is if people don't understand me or respond the wrong way, but feared backlash. Thanks for beating me to it.

(08-30-2017, 09:51 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(08-30-2017, 07:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: When you post only personal attacks and zero relevant content, you are part of the problem. Try to be part of the solution. 

I was actually planning on telling people whose problem it really is if people don't understand me or respond the wrong way, but feared backlash. Thanks for beating me to it.

No problem. People will nonetheless continue to respond to you that way. I kindly ask you to take the high road and just stay on topic without turning the thread toward distractions of a personal nature.  Thanks to you in advance, also. 

On topic: 
Any opinions on who wins the LG starting spot? 

Will the team forego a FB on the 53 in favor of using TE Alex Ellis as an H-Back hybrid-player?

(08-30-2017, 05:03 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(08-27-2017, 04:19 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: Do us a favor and stay home forever because we don't need you

I probably will until they get Bottles outta there. Now run and cry about how I mis-spelled his name. Did I hurt your feelings bc I said I was only going to a couple of games? Seriously man, don't worry about what I'm up to. I won't be doing you any favors anytime soon. It gets old on how much you defend him. I'm not even gonna get started with you.

Please stay your entitled butt home because your cry baby act is getting old at this point.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(08-30-2017, 10:02 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(08-30-2017, 05:03 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I probably will ...

Please stay your entitled butt home because your cry baby act is getting old at this point.

Get on topic. Further personal attacks will earn you formal warnings. 

Sheesh, people.  You know the rules around here.

(08-30-2017, 10:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-30-2017, 09:51 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I was actually planning on telling people whose problem it really is if people don't understand me or respond the wrong way, but feared backlash. Thanks for beating me to it.

No problem. People will nonetheless continue to respond to you that way. I kindly ask you to take the high road and just stay on topic without turning the thread toward distractions of a personal nature.  Thanks to you in advance, also. 

On topic: 

Will the team forego a FB on the 53 in favor of using TE Alex Ellis as an H-Back hybrid-player?

First off, welcome back JDub.

On topic:

1. LG is most likely Omameh. Not my choice, I'd rather put Bowanko at center, Linder at RG, and let Cann vie for the LG slot with Omameh and Reed.

2. In spite of Alfie's prediction to that effect, I say they keep one of the true fullbacks.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(08-30-2017, 10:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-30-2017, 09:51 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I was actually planning on telling people whose problem it really is if people don't understand me or respond the wrong way, but feared backlash. Thanks for beating me to it.

On topic: 

I guess you did not see the signature I used yesterday: "I come here to talk about football." You don't have to worry about me harming any threads.

If Tom Coughlin said he wanted a fullback and then drafted one, chances are very good that player will survive the cuts Saturday.But maybe Alex Ellis stays on for TE depth now that Julius Thomas is gone.

Not Cam Robinson. Branden Albert's retirement secured his left tackle job.