Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Griff's QB Draft Prospects

QB Prospect Rankings:

1. Sam Darnold- The best qb prospect in years, he has everything you want in a qb. He is tall, athletic, accurate, poised, and a leader. He has only played 10 games but if he does this year what he did in the last 10 games of last, he will be no doubt a 1st rd pick.

2.Luke Falk- The two most important things people say qbs have to have is poise and accuracy and Falk has more than enough of each. He comes from the Air Raid system but he processes the whole field and makes some big boy throws all the while showing tremendous accuracy.

3. Mason Rudolph- Rudolph stats wise is probably one of the top guys. He is big, mobile, has a pretty strong arm and is generally smart with the football throwing only 4 pics last year. The knock on Rudolph is the lack of scanning the field he has to do for Gundy's offense. Maybe the 'Boys give him some more leash to show just what he can do this year.

4. Josh Rosen- Perfect mechanics, amazing intellect, and a natural qb, however his decision making and forward personality have caused some issues for him in the eyes of scouts. He had a disappointing season last year due to less quality qb play and a shoulder injury that cut his season short. Hopefully he can reattain his top qb status and return to being one of the most thought of qbs in the nation.

5. Josh Allen- The big, athletic, big armed guy if this draft. After Bortles and Gabbert it is hard for me to fall in ,love with a guy like Allen. His wow throws are something of magic but his lack of accuracy, decision making and production is a huge concern for me when that has been the epitome of the bad football we have seen in the last 10 years. He has this year to make a huge jump but i cant get behind 56% completion right now.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Good list.

Darnold I love , has everything you want bar the hitch in his throw. I'd be surprised if he left this year though.

Falk I'm high on, even though most places seem pretty low on him at this point. After seeing Blake and Gabbert throe the ball in the NFL its really reinforced to me how important accuracy is. Not just % but placement. Falk is pin point all over.

Rudolph is a bit of a weird one. Although he has a good deep ball his arm is fairly meh. He floats everything and doesn't really drive the ball much. I like how he plays and how he takes care of the ball but without a good arm I don't know how far he'll go.

Allen's going to get drafted high but really shouldn't based on last year. Huge arm and good mobility but that's really it. A worse version of college Bortles with a bigger arm.

One day I love this year (and probably shouldn't) is Baker Mayfield. It's hard to get a read on him. His accuracy on all levels of the field is crazy, great improviser and not afraid to make a play. He's who people thought Johnny football was. Unfortunately he's like 6'1 200 and his physical tools are lacking.

Noodle arm falk #2. Lol. Idiot

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2017, 11:14 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Much of Rosen's woes last season came from absolutely pathetic O-Line play. He was getting pummeled on almost every dropback, hence the injury. Hopefully they will be better this year, they couldn't be any worse. Also, keep an eye on Logan Whiteside of Toledo. I think this kid is gonna really rise up some draft boards by the end of the season.

(08-27-2017, 09:31 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Noodle arm falk #2.  Lol.  Idiot

Noodle arm?

You're joking?

Oh... knowing you, you're probably not joking... Falk will be a star.

Idiot.

(08-28-2017, 09:47 AM)Kane Wrote:
(08-27-2017, 09:31 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Noodle arm falk #2.  Lol.  Idiot

Noodle arm?
You're joking?

Idiot.

Yeah, noodle arm.  Look at the tape. Do you see the ball zipping down the field like a Matthew Stafford.   Looks more like a Colt McCoy.  Look at the scouting report from a former nfl scout.

https://nflspinzone.com/2017/06/27/2018-...k-cousins/
"NFL.com’s Daniel Jeremiah is one of the best media scouts in the business, and he took an early examination of Falk’s film. After praising Falk for his poise and ability to survey the entirety of the field, he criticized Falk for his lack of arm strength. The WSU star has averaged just 7.1 yards per attempt in back-to-back seasons despite a high completion percentage"

Josh Rosen is the kinda guy we need, he has zero mechanics issues, so thats not something he would have to worry about coming out, he just needs to keep his comp % in the 60's and put up good numbers.
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(08-28-2017, 10:10 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 09:47 AM)Kane Wrote: Noodle arm?
You're joking?

Idiot.

Yeah, noodle arm.  Look at the tape. Do you see the ball zipping down the field like a Matthew Stafford.   Looks more like a Colt McCoy.  Look at the scouting report from a former nfl scout.

https://nflspinzone.com/2017/06/27/2018-...k-cousins/
"NFL.com’s Daniel Jeremiah is one of the best media scouts in the business, and he took an early examination of Falk’s film. After praising Falk for his poise and ability to survey the entirety of the field, he criticized Falk for his lack of arm strength. The WSU star has averaged just 7.1 yards per attempt in back-to-back seasons despite a high completion percentage"

Falk has already added bulk for the upcoming season and has been working on this...
However.. I wouldn't call him a noodle arm based on not having the top tier arm strength.

Jamarcus Russel could sling the hell out of it too remember?

I would take a QB with a little less pepper who has all the other check marks plus a good head on his shoulders.

I like Mason Rudolph's release. I'm watching them play Tulsa right now
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-31-2017, 08:28 PM)mvannostran Wrote: I like Mason Rudolph's release. I'm watching them play Tulsa right now

This guy is being totally overlooked.

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2017, 01:56 AM by tealfootball.)

Mason and Sam are certainly good candidates for the Jags QB should we be in position to draft them. One name I'm intrigued by (not sure if he is eligible for the 2018 draft) is Jarrett Stidham. He caught my eye from looking at the Auburn scrimmage. This will be his first year starting for Auburn after transferring from community college. He was previously QB at Baylor in 2015.

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2017, 05:41 AM by JackCity.)

(09-01-2017, 01:12 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 08:28 PM)mvannostran Wrote: I like Mason Rudolph's release. I'm watching them play Tulsa right now

This guy is being totally overlooked.

Overlooked? He's been a 1st rounder since last year.

He has great touch but that arm isn't the best. He floats everything.

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2017, 07:37 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-01-2017, 05:40 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 01:12 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: This guy is being totally overlooked.

Overlooked? He's been a 1st rounder since last year.

When you see articles and ESPN features they always focus on Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen and Josh Allen though. Personally, at this point, I have Rudolph slightly ahead of Rosen and clearly ahead of Allen. Rudolph put on an absolute clinic against Tulsa. He made about every throw you want to see a QB make and his accuracy and arm strength is amazing. He throws the prettiest deep ball in college football.

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2017, 08:58 AM by JackCity.)

(09-01-2017, 06:06 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 05:40 AM)JackCity Wrote: Overlooked? He's been a 1st rounder since last year.

When you see articles and ESPN features they always focus on Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen and Josh Allen though. Personally, at this point, I have Rudolph slightly ahead of Rosen and clearly ahead of Allen. Rudolph put on an absolute clinic against Tulsa. He made about every throw you want to see a QB make and his accuracy and arm strength is amazing. He throws the prettiest deep ball in college football.
Yeah Rudolphs real nice. I'd definitely prefer him to Rosen or Allen too. He was good last year and was pretty money on 3rd down which I liked.

His arm strength isn't anywhere near amazing though.He floats every pass. Even hitting quick outs he floats them over, almost got picked for 6 last night doing it. His touch is elite and some of those placements in deep balls are impossible to defend which make up for it somewhat. He gets called a big armed QB but the reality is he's just an averaged armed QB with great touch and a big frame.

(09-01-2017, 08:55 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 06:06 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: When you see articles and ESPN features they always focus on Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen and Josh Allen though. Personally, at this point, I have Rudolph slightly ahead of Rosen and clearly ahead of Allen. Rudolph put on an absolute clinic against Tulsa. He made about every throw you want to see a QB make and his accuracy and arm strength is amazing. He throws the prettiest deep ball in college football.
Yeah Rudolphs real nice. I'd definitely prefer him to Rosen or Allen too. He was good last year and was pretty money on 3rd down which I liked.

His arm strength isn't anywhere near amazing though.He floats every pass. Even hitting quick outs he floats them over, almost got picked for 6 last night doing it. His touch is elite and some of those placements in deep balls are impossible to defend which make up for it somewhat. He gets called a big armed QB but the reality is he's just an averaged armed QB with great touch and a big frame.

To me, the accuracy and touch are what make him elite. He also shows great poise in the pocket. The only question I have, is whether he can adapt to snapping the ball from directly under Center.

Let's not mess it up again, take the Valley kid and call it a day.

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2017, 11:39 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-01-2017, 03:59 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Let's not mess it up again, take the Valley kid and call it a day.

You can't just pick out a guy and say "we'll take him." We have to look at our draft position and see if other teams are willing to trade down that are ahead of us. You need to have options and luckily this draft should be deep enough to give us several really good options at QB. In the next three days I will be watching Washington QB Jake Browning, Wyoming QB Josh Allen, Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield and UCLA QB Josh Rosen.

(09-01-2017, 03:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 08:55 AM)JackCity Wrote: Yeah Rudolphs real nice. I'd definitely prefer him to Rosen or Allen too. He was good last year and was pretty money on 3rd down which I liked.

To me, the accuracy and touch are what make him elite. He also shows great poise in the pocket. The only question I have, is whether he can adapt to snapping the ball from directly under Center.
Ah it's just you said his arm strength was amazing. It's grand but nothing to write home about. 

As for accuracy he's money on his deep shots but his short and intermediate accuracy is still kind of lacking. 

I wouldn't worry too much about being under center, usually a minor thing these days. My concern is we haven't really seen him in big games against tough opposition, he has a nice skillset and size but does he have that IT factor? When things get tough and rowdy does he shrink away or flourish?

(09-01-2017, 04:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 03:59 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Let's not mess it up again, take the Valley kid and call it a day.

You can't just pick out a guy and say "we'll take him." We have to look at our draft position and see if other teams are willing to trade down that are ahead of us. You need to have options and luckily this draft should be deep enough to give us several really good options at QB. In the next three days I will be watching Washington QB Jake Browning, Wyoming QB Josh Allen and UCLA QB Josh Rosen.

Well I can. 

Allen all day.

I like Mayfield even though I'm not sure he'll translate