Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Griff's QB Draft Prospects

(09-02-2017, 11:28 AM)JackCity Wrote: I like Mayfield even though I'm not sure he'll translate

I'm gonna watch him later on today. First up is Josh Allen.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-02-2017, 12:02 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-02-2017, 11:28 AM)JackCity Wrote: I like Mayfield even though I'm not sure he'll translate

I'm gonna watch him later on today. First up is Josh Allen.

Watching here atm. Just reminds me of Bortles with a bigger arm, not a fan.

(09-02-2017, 12:55 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-02-2017, 12:02 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm gonna watch him later on today. First up is Josh Allen.

Watching here atm. Just reminds me of Bortles with a bigger arm, not a fan.

As a college QB the dude is way worst then Bortles, Bortles was good in college had a good comp % didnt throw a lot of INTs, Allen is terrible low comp % throws a lot of ints, vs top D1 schools Nebraska and Iowa dude has 6 ints.

I have no clue why scouts have him as a top QB, I can understand them having him in the 2nd or 3rd round as a guy that could rise, but this dude is terrible
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2017, 10:37 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Mason Rudolph was spectacular. I like everything about him.

Jake Browning was so-so. He had streaks where he looked pretty good and some that weren't impressive at all. I definitely don't see him as a first round pick.

Josh Allen was atrocious. Other than having a big arm, I saw nothing. He forces his throws and lacks touch on his passes. That's a bad combination. Based on today's performance, he's a project at best and I don't see him as a good NFL QB.

Baker Mayfield looks very impressive. I wasn't a big fan of his last year, but I see a ton of improvement. He has poise in the pocket, tremendous accuracy and touch and enough arm strength to get the ball where it needs to be. He could be a contender by year's end to be a top 10 pick if he keeps this up. The main concern is his size. If he is in fact over 6' tall or over, I'm fine with him, but anything under 6', even by an 1/8", would cause me to remove him from my draft board. I would never draft a QB under 6'.

Tonight I watch Luke Falk and tomorrow I watch Josh Rosen.

(09-02-2017, 02:57 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote:
(09-02-2017, 12:55 PM)JackCity Wrote: Watching here atm. Just reminds me of Bortles with a bigger arm, not a fan.

As a college QB the dude is way worst then Bortles, Bortles was good in college had a good comp % didnt throw a lot of INTs, Allen is terrible low comp % throws a lot of ints, vs top D1 schools Nebraska and Iowa dude has 6 ints.

I have no clue why scouts have him as a top QB, I can understand them having him in the 2nd or 3rd round as a guy that could rise, but this dude is terrible
Any kind of tall white QB with a big arm gets wildly overrated. If he was 6'2 and black he'd struggle to get drafted before the 6th round

(09-02-2017, 06:16 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-02-2017, 02:57 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: As a college QB the dude is way worst then Bortles, Bortles was good in college had a good comp % didnt throw a lot of INTs, Allen is terrible low comp % throws a lot of ints, vs top D1 schools Nebraska and Iowa dude has 6 ints.

Any kind of tall white QB with a big arm gets wildly overrated. If he was 6'2 and black he'd struggle to get drafted before the 6th round

Personally, I don't care what color he is. From what I saw, he sucks! Some scouts totally focus on arm strength which is ridiculous. Give me a guy with accuracy, instincts and the ability to make good reads and I could care less about whether he has a "big arm." Unfortunately, Allen is severely lacking in all those areas.

Anyone watching USC? Not on up here
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-02-2017, 07:45 PM)mvannostran Wrote: Anyone watching USC? Not on up here

I wanted to but it's only broadcast on the Pac-12 Network. I don't get that one.

(09-02-2017, 08:06 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-02-2017, 07:45 PM)mvannostran Wrote: Anyone watching USC? Not on up here

I wanted to but it's only broadcast on the Pac-12 Network. I don't get that one.

By the numbers, Darnold isn't looking too hot
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-02-2017, 06:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-02-2017, 06:16 PM)JackCity Wrote: Any kind of tall white QB with a big arm gets wildly overrated. If he was 6'2 and black he'd struggle to get drafted before the 6th round

Personally, I don't care what color he is. From what I saw, he sucks! Some scouts totally focus on arm strength which is ridiculous. Give me a guy with accuracy, instincts and the ability to make good reads and I could care less about whether he has a "big arm." Unfortunately, Allen is severely lacking in all those areas.
Are you JagsFanJay?

Lamar Jackson looked good, Mayfield had a great game and Luke Faulk is a beast
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

I like Mayfield a lot but how many QBs 6'1" get drafted early?

I want a guy who has a strong enough arm to make all the necessary throws- doesn't have to have a cannon for an arm. More importantly, they need someone who limits turnovers and is a natural leader. So far, my order would be:

1. Sam Darnold- Seems to have the whole package.
2. Josh Rosen- Best mechanics. Not sure about his leadership traits.
3. Mason Rudolph- Has most of the desired traits. The offense he plays in has not translated great to the NFL, however.
4. Baker Mayfield- Has mostly everything but the height. Hasn't hurt Drew Brees or Russell Wilson. Do have to investigate
character issues due to off-season incident.
5. Trace McSorley- Somewhat of a sleeper pick due to small stature. Just like Mayfield, however, he can make all the throws
and is a great leader.
6. Luke Falk- Watched him last night. Mostly threw short passes to James Williams and receivers. Just not sure about
arm strength, but this will be checked out thoroughly before draft.
7. Josh Allen- Didn't impress against Iowa's good defense. Very tired of Jaguars drafting "prototypical "q.b.'s who end up
setting the franchise back 5 years due to other limitations.
8. Lamar Jackson- Great college player, that's it.
9. Other sleepers- Guaranteed there will be a couple others who move up this last by the end of this season.

Most realistic/best scenerio for Jaguars is they get Mason Rudolph. Their schedule is too easy and their defense too good to expect a less than 5 win season- which would likely take Darnold and Rosen out of the picture. Of course, they may also end up going the free agency route. The only thing that matters, however, is that they get someone that has the capability of taking the team to the playoffs. Those guys are hard to find, but this team is way, way overdue to finally find the next true franchise quarterback.

I really don't care who we get as QB.. Can't get much worse.. Hell, we've been burnt on 1st Rd QB's before. I wish they would just take BAP other than QB and trade for a proven QB..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Drew Lock

(09-03-2017, 09:58 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: I want a guy who has a strong enough arm to make all the necessary throws- doesn't have to have a cannon for an arm. More importantly, they need someone who limits turnovers and is a natural leader.  So far, my order would be:

1. Sam Darnold-    Seems to have the whole package.
2. Josh Rosen-       Best mechanics. Not sure about his leadership traits.
3. Mason Rudolph-  Has most of the desired traits. The offense he plays in has not translated great to the NFL, however.
4. Baker Mayfield-   Has mostly everything but the height. Hasn't hurt Drew Brees or Russell Wilson. Do have to investigate
                           character issues due to off-season incident.
5. Trace McSorley-  Somewhat of a sleeper pick due to small stature. Just like Mayfield, however, he can make all the throws
                           and is a great leader.
6. Luke Falk-          Watched him last night. Mostly threw short passes to James Williams and receivers. Just not sure about
                           arm strength, but this will be checked out thoroughly before draft.
7. Josh Allen-         Didn't impress against Iowa's good defense. Very tired of Jaguars drafting "prototypical "q.b.'s who end up
                           setting the franchise back 5 years due to other limitations.
8. Lamar Jackson-  Great college player, that's it.
9. Other sleepers-  Guaranteed there will be a couple others who move up this last by the end of this season.

Most realistic/best scenerio for Jaguars is they get Mason Rudolph. Their schedule is too easy and their defense too good to expect a less than 5 win season- which would likely take Darnold and Rosen out of the picture. Of course, they may also end up going the free agency route. The only thing that matters, however, is that they get someone that has the capability of taking the team to the playoffs. Those guys are hard to find, but this team is way, way overdue to finally find the next true franchise quarterback.

Lamar Jackson is a more advanced passer at this point than most of the people ahead of him on that list. His scheme at Louisville has lots of RPOs for him but also has a passing game which is closer to an NFL one than most of that list too. Has a huge arm and unreal potential. Only issues with him are putting a bit more weight on him and making sure he doesn't end up taking too much damage from running , he has all the other tools needed.

Agree with Jaglou on Jackson being a great college player and that is it. His game wont translate to the pros.

Josh rosen is gonna suck. His stock will drop and probably get injured because his OC is jedd fisch

I have to give it Lamar Jackson. He looked infinitely better in the opener.

(09-03-2017, 09:27 PM)1griff2 Wrote: I have to give it Lamar Jackson. He looked infinitely better in the opener.

I didn't need to watch him. I just saw the stat line which said he rushed 21 times. No thanks. I don't want some gimmicky running QB. I want a pocket passer who can scan the field and find open receivers.