Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Griff's QB Draft Prospects

Rosen giveth and Rosen taketh away.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2017, 04:42 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-16-2017, 03:13 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Another huge day for Mason Rudolph. He threw for over 400 yards and 5 touchdowns in the 1st half. Pitt may not be great, but he totally shred their defense. If he keeps this up, he may pass both Darnold and Rosen come draft time.

The placement of his passes, especially on intermediate crossing patterns amaze me. He hits his receivers in stride nearly every time, right in the bread basket. His accuracy is amazing and his ability to scan the field and hit open receivers is something you don't often see from a college QB. He doesn't just lock in on one receiver. He spreads the ball around like very few other QB's. Who ever drafts this kid is gonna get a gem.

(09-16-2017, 03:33 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: Josh Rosen is gonna be a NFL star, guy has it all

Rudolph is a system QB, that Oklahoma st system inflate stats, see Brandon Weeden

So wrong. Rudolph is miles better than Weeden ever was.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2017, 06:43 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-16-2017, 03:47 PM)Upper Wrote: Rosen giveth and Rosen taketh away.

That game frustrated me so much, I wanted to punch a hole in the wall. Rosen threw a bad pick on the first interception, but on the second, he obviously threw it thinking the receiver was gonna run a comeback route, but instead he just kept running up field. I have no idea whether it was Rosen's fault or the receiver's. Rosen definitely was not helped by his defense though. Good God, they are awful. Again the big plays killed the Bruins. They gave up 4 plays of over 40 yards in this game. That is a total of 8 plays of over 40 yards given up in the first 3 games of the season! That is getting to be a trend with this defense and it's totally unacceptable. If I'm Mora, I fire Defensive Coordinator, Tom Bradley. That guy is killing this team.

The more I watch Rudolph the less I like him as a QB

(09-16-2017, 03:47 PM)Upper Wrote: Rosen giveth and Rosen taketh away.

I watched a whole two games of his and I'll take him all day.

Darnold did the blake bortles pick 6

(09-16-2017, 10:30 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Darnold did the blake bortles pick 6

Bc they're literally the same guy
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I was reading Mel Kiper's evaluation of Darnold in his early Mock Draft - he had Darnold #1 - and he listed all of these glowing accolades. Then, he says something along the lines of "...has long, somewhat unorthodox throwing motion, will need to be corrected at next level.." And, assuming that turns out to be true, that's it for me on Darnold.

(09-18-2017, 04:05 PM)Billycool Jag Wrote: I was reading Mel Kiper's evaluation of Darnold in his early Mock Draft - he had Darnold #1 - and he listed all of these glowing accolades.  Then, he says something along the lines of "...has long, somewhat unorthodox throwing motion, will need to be corrected at next level.."  And, assuming that turns out to be true, that's it for me on Darnold.
Here is a good article about this:
http://www.ocregister.com/2017/07/02/usc...ng-motion/
But honestly, my impression from watching his game this weekend was that  1) it was obvious, and 2) i'm not worried about it.  Darnold is not going to suck because of his throwing motion.

Darnold looks quite good except for his elongated release, and while I have been one of the most ardent in hammering the point that Blake's mechanics are not the main reason that he has been an unsuccessful QB it still has to give you pause when you look at our history with Leftwich and Bortles.

I lost the tweets from earlier today, but someone reputable said he talked to several NFL execs and they are higher on Rudolph and lower on Rosen than fans/media. They love Rudolph's character and leadership and really don't like Rosen's.

(09-19-2017, 04:33 AM)Upper Wrote: I lost the tweets from earlier today, but someone reputable said he talked to several NFL execs and they are higher on Rudolph and lower on Rosen than fans/media. They love Rudolph's character and leadership and really don't like Rosen's.

These are the same guys who were high on Josh Allen, a guy who stinks

Rosen is the real deal, Rudolph is nice too
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(09-18-2017, 09:50 PM)VisitingCobra Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 04:05 PM)Billycool Jag Wrote: I was reading Mel Kiper's evaluation of Darnold in his early Mock Draft - he had Darnold #1 - and he listed all of these glowing accolades.  Then, he says something along the lines of "...has long, somewhat unorthodox throwing motion, will need to be corrected at next level.."  And, assuming that turns out to be true, that's it for me on Darnold.
Here is a good article about this:
http://www.ocregister.com/2017/07/02/usc...ng-motion/
But honestly, my impression from watching his game this weekend was that  1) it was obvious, and 2) i'm not worried about it.  Darnold is not going to suck because of his throwing motion.

You might very well be right.  And, it is also possible that a QB can have a perfect motion and quick release and still suck it up in the NFL.  But, I've been saying over and over again that the thing that bothers me the most about DC is that he used a high 1st round pick on a guy that we had to teach how to throw the ball.  Personally, if I were GM, I think I would look elsewhere and bypass Darnold.

(09-19-2017, 04:33 AM)Upper Wrote: I lost the tweets from earlier today, but someone reputable said he talked to several NFL execs and they are higher on Rudolph and lower on Rosen than fans/media. They love Rudolph's character and leadership and really don't like Rosen's.

From everything I've read, both are high character guys, but Rudolph is a lot more personable and easy to get along with while Rosen is a bit more abrasive and willing to speak his mind on any subject and doesn't really care what people think about him. I don't believe either guy would be a problem in the locker room though. It's pretty much the difference between the character of Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers. Everyone seems to love Brady that has ever played with him and he seems to get a long with everyone. Rodgers on the other hand has the respect of his teammates, but not everyone who has ever played with him, has had glowing things to say about him on a personal level. I'm certainly not meaning to compare Rudolph and Rosen with Brady and Rodgers as far as on field ability, just personality wise. I'd be ecstatic with either guy.

So can Darnold go one game without an INT?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Derrik Klassen‏ @QBKlass 1h1 hour ago
Bortles is definitely on the spectrum of possibilities for Darnold. Where exactly along the spectrum, I dont know yet.

I know he does a lot of things a lot better than Bortles ever has, but I am starting to lean more and more toward passing on him just because the flashes of Bortles he does show are too strong.

(09-23-2017, 05:28 PM)Upper Wrote: Derrik Klassen‏ @QBKlass  1h1 hour ago
Bortles is definitely on the spectrum of possibilities for Darnold. Where exactly along the spectrum, I dont know yet.

I know he does a lot of things a lot better than Bortles ever has, but I am starting to lean more and more toward passing on him just because the flashes of Bortles he does show are too strong.

The kid is young. He's just not ready. Talent is there... just not ready to go pro, imo.
Him and Rosen are two young players that should stay in college.

Gimme Lamar/Rosen in the first or Mayfield in the 2nd or 3rd.

No thanks on Rudolph , like some of his traits but the overall package doesn't add up well.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2017, 02:33 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-25-2017, 11:32 AM)Kane Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 05:28 PM)Upper Wrote: Derrik Klassen‏ @QBKlass  1h1 hour ago

The kid is young. He's just not ready. Talent is there... just not ready to go pro, imo.
Him and Rosen are two young players that should stay in college.

I think Rosen is more than ready to go into the NFL. We're just not able to see everything he can do, because the Bruins have arguably the worst defense in the NCAA. They gave up 3 more runs of over 40 yards in the last game alone. This is happening on a consistent basis, every week. Rosen is playing from behind in almost every game and he has no offensive run game to speak of either. He's having to put the ball up 50 times a game just to play catch up and that's not the kind of QB he is. Put him in a balanced offense with a solid run game and this kid could be something special. I agree about Darnold though. The kind could be really good someday, but he needs to stay in school for the 2018 season.

(09-25-2017, 02:25 PM)JackCity Wrote: Gimme Lamar/Rosen in the first or Mayfield in the 2nd or 3rd.

No thanks on Rudolph , like some of his traits but the overall package doesn't add up well.

This is almost exactly where I am too. I still think Jackson is my QB1 by a bit over Rosen.

I really want to like Rudolph he is mostly very good, but that thread by what's his name (sorry mind blanking) has way too many videos of Rudolph's really collapsing due to pressure. Not like Gabbert levels of it, but maybe the next worst I've seen.