Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Marrone on Blake Bortles: 'It's the best I've seen him'

Marrone on Blake Bortles: 'It's the best I've seen him'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...e-seen-him

The Jags demoted Blake Bortles from starting QB for a position battle. Bortles has been handed the starting job back, and coach Doug Marrone believes he's seeing an improved QB since the benching.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Good news.

PSYCHOLOGY 101

u suck u suck your benched

shows improvement

your the greatest

Sometimes that's what it takes to light a fire under someone's [BLEEP]. Didn't Blake complain in the past that he felt he wasn't pushed or challenged enough by the coaches?
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(08-29-2017, 10:40 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Sometimes that's what it takes to light a fire under someone's [BLEEP]. Didn't Blake complain in the past that he felt he wasn't pushed or challenged enough by the coaches?

When Marrone was named interim HC he mentioned in an interview after the week 16 game that Marrone's style of coaching was more like what he was accustomed to under O'Leary.

I'll believe it when I see it, but it's great to hear nonetheless. Most of us want to believe in him, he just has to be average!

I knew it was mental but we will see.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Something clearly wrecked Bortles confidence last year. I'm skeptical that a little tough love from Marrone will help him move beyond that, but it's worth a try. We'll see if this improvement carries over into the regular season.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

A 4th year player that still needs minds games to get motivated to be better and has to go to throwing school in the offseason.

(08-29-2017, 01:03 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: A 4th year player that still needs minds games to get motivated to be better and has to go to throwing school in the offseason.

Doesn't Tom Brady utilize the same "throwing school" in the off season?

Not trying to compare one to the other, but a QB working on his craft isn't really a bad thing.  Using "mind games" to motivate him is a concern, but if you look at the coaching he received under the previous regime, and the lack of accountability that was prevalent under Gus, it's possible he simply got lazy.

If a change of coaching philosophy can snap him out of his current malaise, it's a good thing for this team.  If it doesn't, he won't last much longer.  Some players need that carrot and the whip type of coaching in order to succeed.   We will see if it makes a difference over the hugs and encouragement approach with the eternally positive Gus Bradley.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(08-29-2017, 01:08 PM)FBT Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 01:03 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: A 4th year player that still needs minds games to get motivated to be better and has to go to throwing school in the offseason.

Doesn't Tom Brady utilize the same "throwing school" in the off season?

Not trying to compare one to the other, but a QB working on his craft isn't really a bad thing.  Using "mind games" to motivate him is a concern, but if you look at the coaching he received under the previous regime, and the lack of accountability that was prevalent under Gus, it's possible he simply got lazy.

If a change of coaching philosophy can snap him out of his current malaise, it's a good thing for this team.  If it doesn't, he won't last much longer.  Some players need that carrot and the whip type of coaching in order to succeed.   We will see if it makes a difference over the hugs and encouragement approach with the eternally positive Gus Bradley.

Players play, coaches coach, and whiners whine.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-29-2017, 01:01 PM)FBT Wrote: Something clearly wrecked Bortles confidence last year.  I'm skeptical that a little tough love from Marrone will help him move beyond that, but it's worth a try.  We'll see if this improvement carries over into the regular season.

I sure hope so.  Just thinking about our receivers, AR15 and Hurns have proven to be 1000 yard receivers.  Lee is arguably more explosive than either of them, and nobody has been able to cover Westbrook or Cole.

If we go to 4 or 5 WR sets, one of those guys are bound to get open.  It would be a shame if we didn't have a QB that could exploit those matchup advantages.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Dude, just shut the hell up. It's pretty obvious that your football knowledge is terrible.

Rosie O'Donnell looked her best when she lost 100 pounds; doesn't mean she looked good.

Hence, Marrone stating this is the best that he's seen Bortles is relative. Maybe less ducks in practice.

It would be a shame if Bortles can't pull it together and squanders all that beautiful WR weaponry at his disposal.

You're Welcome!

(08-29-2017, 03:09 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Rosie O'Donnell looked her best when she lost 100 pounds; doesn't mean she looked good.

Hence, Marrone stating this is the best that he's seen Bortles is relative.  Maybe less ducks in practice.

[Image: rosie-o-donnell-weight-loss.jpg]

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

My eyes!! My eyes!!
[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2017, 08:59 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Note to self:  Don't use Rosie O'Donnell in my future analogies.

(08-29-2017, 04:11 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 03:09 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Rosie O'Donnell looked her best when she lost 100 pounds; doesn't mean she looked good.

Hence, Marrone stating this is the best that he's seen Bortles is relative.  Maybe less ducks in practice.

[Image: rosie-o-donnell-weight-loss.jpg]
Excuse me while I gouge my eyes out with an icepick.  Congratulations, you have wrecked my day.