Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Browns are shopping Cam Erving (and Joe Haden)

Erving is now a Chief.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-30-2017, 03:12 PM)Kane Wrote: Erving is now a Chief.

To steal a tweet I saw, "Good thing Mahomes can throw on the run"

Joe Haden to the Steelers 3 years 27 mil
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

but what about the burfict and elliot appeals
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2017, 08:00 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(08-30-2017, 10:28 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: Haden's problems have been injuries, if healthy, he is still a really good CB.. That's never a bad thing to add

The Steelers agree with this.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...h-steelers

So we can forget about adding him to our CB depth chart.

(08-30-2017, 03:12 PM)Kane Wrote: Erving is now a Chief.

And they only gave up a fifth round pick. That made more sense than a fourth rounder like someone here suggested.

(08-30-2017, 05:33 PM)realtorpat Wrote: But what about the Burfict and Elliot appeals?

Burfictt: 2 game reduction, so just 3 games out
Elliott: Hearing is still pending.

Jaguars standing idle like usual.

(08-30-2017, 08:07 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Jaguars standing idle like usual.

Um, did you not notice how quickly the Steelers signed Joe Haden? It is rare for a player to be unemployed for only a few hours.

Really? Where's he going to play? He's barely an upgrade over Colvin recently, if at all. 

He's not starting over Ramsey or Bouye
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-30-2017, 08:37 PM)mvannostran Wrote:

Really? Where's he going to play? He's barely an upgrade over Colvin recently, if at all. 

He's not starting over Ramsey or Bouye

He's an upgrade over Colvin, Patmon and Dixon. With Ramsey hurting, it would have been good to have solid depth.

Which of these options did you expect? 

- Did you want them to pay 9 million dollars for a nickel back after they just signed Bouye to a mega-deal?

- Or give up a fifth for this:
https://twitter.com/NFL/status/665983784496422912

(08-30-2017, 08:43 PM)BklynJag Wrote: He's an upgrade over Colvin, Patmon and Dixon. With Ramsey hurting, it would have been good to have solid depth.

Ramsey was healthy enough to play in the third preseason game, wasn't he? I am not worried about him missing games in September.

Haden and Colvin play different roles on the defense. They do what fits their respective skill sets.

Brooklyn, I am with you. I wish the Jags would have traded for a turnstile or paid for a CB who has a history of lower limb and brain injuries. Haden was just taking it easy when he let those 4th string WRs burn him in the preseason. Brooklyn and I know what we are talking about!

Which would you have preferred? Overpaying for a corner who's in the waning months of his career, or shipping a pick to Cleveland in exchange for perhaps the only guard in the NFL who would be a downgrade vs. what we have?

(08-30-2017, 09:46 PM)Dumptruck Wrote: Brooklyn, I am with you. I wish the Jags would have traded for a turnstile or paid for a CB who has a history of lower limb and brain injuries. Haden was just taking it easy when he let those 4th string WRs burn him in the preseason. Brooklyn and I know what we are talking about!

Me too. I say we start a go fund me so Brooklyn can get an NFL insider job, he good.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

It's official.  Debbie Downer has declared it.  The Jaguars stood idly by while a guy who couldn't stay healthy and another guy who simply sucked were signed by other teams.

Another day, another adult diaper filled to the brim.

Seriously, I'm sure the team did their due dilligence, and didn't see anything that resembled an upgrade with Erving, and there's not much they could have done to snap up Haden if he was on the phone with Pittsburgh literally moments after being cut. If you look at the deal he signed, there's no way this team would have gone there for a guy who is basically a backup.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Perspective: Cecil Shorts abused him for the game winning TD.

He hasn't gotten any better since then.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Based on what I saw from Haden last season and this preseason, the Steelers drastically overpaid. He's not even close to the same guy he was when he entered the league.

Upgrade over Colvin? Yes.
9 mil a year for a Nickel with like 7 mil fully guaranteed? Nah.

A little surprising the Jags didn't think Erving was worth a fifth-rounder considering our OL situation. Erving's not great, but could he at least have been a "quality backup" here? Is he not at least as good as Josh Wells or Patrick Omameh or Tyler Shatley?

(08-31-2017, 11:59 AM)Billycool Jag Wrote: A little surprising the Jags didn't think Erving was worth a fifth-rounder considering our OL situation.  Erving's not great, but could he at least have been a "quality backup" here? Is he not at least as good as Josh Wells or Patrick Omameh or Tyler Shatley?

He's definitely not as good as Omameh against a bull rush.  He ends up on his backside quite frequently. 

I honestly think a fifth was too much for him. 

And I say this after painfully watching Omameh struggle this preseason.